Chapter 5 New 'Friend'

wedding gift

You're P.O.V

 

„You'll go to Seoul!“ „Eomma, I won't do this! I'll stay here with you, if you like it or not!“ I said not wanting to leave this place – and my mother. „Hwayoung.“ she calmed down and went on with a soft voice. „You have to find your father and tell him about you. I don't want you to live here alone and without someone, who can help you with school or a job. Why don't you understand me? He has to know about you! He's your father after all and you don't want to see him and know how he's like?“ I looked at the floor avoiding her eyes. „Hwayoung, look at me, please.“, she said. „I don't want to meet him.“ I said looking straight into her eyes. Of course I wanted to meet my father, the man, who was in love with my mother and who was loved by my mother that much, that she even wanted me to meet him not caring about how he treated her. My mother wouldn't love him, if he wouldn't be worth it. That's what I new by 100% and that's why I wanted to meet him. But I couldn't let my mother alone now. I called the best doctors in Korea and asked them if they could help her, but they all said it was impossible. Some said they could try, but for a lot of money, which they wanted straight away and which I couldn't give them because I hadn't had it and I hadn't enough time to get it some way. So, if I can't help her then at least I will be with her forever. I owe her this.

 

**A few hours later**

 

I was sitting in a bus, which would stop nearby the market. I wanted to buy some fruits and vegetables for my mother and after that I wanted to go home and get some clothes for the two of us. After I bought some food I realized, I hadn't enough money for a taxi or a bus, so I had to get home on my own and this would take me some time because to my bad luck we lived far away from the hospital. I thought about everything my mother told me. That was too much information for one day. I didn't know what to do. 'My mother will die and what do I do. I'm just walking home if nothing ever happened and after that I would just talk to her like usually.' This thought sent a shiver down my back. 'It's horrible to know the closest person I ever had will die after one day. How could that happen? Why can't the doctors do anything? They- They are doctors after all! And what about my mother? She accepted it and doesn't even worry about herself only about me. She worries about my future. She made me agree with her. Because of her I'll go to Seoul! But if that's what she wants than I'll do that. I will become the best at-' „Ouch.“ I said looking around and trying to understand what happened. Then I saw a tall guy with light brown hair and a smirk on his face standing in front of me. 'Whoa... he looks so cute. OMG! Hwayoung what are you thinking?! Stop it and get up!' I stood up and said „I'm sorry.“ I expected a nice answer like 'Nothing happened.' or 'It isn't your fault.' or 'I'm sorry too.' or 'Are you okay?' or at least that he went away without answer me, but what did he? He said: „Yeah. You better should be. Next time look were you're going.“ I watched him totally baffled. „Are you serious?! Who do you think you are? You bumped into me as well. It isn't only my fault you bastard.“ I said inside my head. But in reality I only started to pick up the things, which fell out of my bag, silently. He walked pass me and I thought he would just go away but I was wrong again. I could feel him staring at me from behind and it made me feeling uncomfortable, so I picked up everything as fast as I could and stood up. But before I could walk away I felt a grip on my wrist, which made me turn around. I widened my eyes and gave a gasp of fear or surprise? I didn't know. But it shocked me how close he was and I wondered what he wanted from me? I apologized already. I took a step back and looked at the ground. Then I heard a chuckle and felt how he lifted my chin. 'OMG! What is he doing?' I looked him directly in the eyes, still shocked and with big eyes. Then he leaned forward and whispered in my year. „It would be better for you if it won't happen again, because if...“ He stepped back and smirked again. Then he turned around and walked away. 'What was that?' I asked disbelieved. 'Did he threaten me? Who is he? I never saw him before. But this place isn't that big. I know almost everyone here. Whatever, I have to hurry.' Then I ran the rest of the way. After I reached my house, I opened the door and stepped in. At first I ran into my room because it was the nearest. I grabbed some things from my closet and put them into my bag, which I found under my bed. After I was ready I rushed into my mother's room. Once inside the room I stopped abruptly, because the first thing I saw was the desk. 'Should I really take it?' The money didn't bother me. The one thing, which bothered me was the necklace. I was afraid of it. I didn't want to take it, or even look at it. My mom's whole love life was related to it as well as the pain. I didn't want to hurt her, so I didn't take it and went to my mother's closet instead and pulled some of her clothes in my bag. I took a last glance at the desk and went out with a bed feeling. I wanted to call my mother and tell her I was coming. But I couldn't find my phone. 'That's strange. I could swear it was in my pants pocket.' I looked everywhere, in my pockets, in my bag and even in the rooms, but I couldn't find anywhere. Then I thought about, where I could left it. 'The last time I used it was at the market.' I called my mother, because I had to ask her if she needed something. And then I remembered something. 'This guy! He stole my phone! What should I do now without a phone?! Should I tell the police? What if I'm not the first or the last one? No. I don't have time now. I will do something about that later. Now I have to go back to the hospital. I took my wallet, which was on the chest of drawers. There I found enough money to take a taxi. 

 

**At the hospital**

 

I ran to my mother's room and pulled the door open smiling. But my smile faded. 'Where is she?!' „Eomma?“