Chapter 1 What's going on?

wedding gift

 

*At school*

You're P.O.V

*Huff*, my best friend Eunjung sat at her desk "Only one more lesson and then free." I chuckled and sat beside her. "Eunjung it wouldn't be that bad if you would want to learn something." She looked at me in disbelief "Why should I want to learn senseless things? I want to become a singer or an actress. As a singer you don't need stupid things like history or maths, do you?" She said packing out her things. "You need maths in your whole life" "Oh my god, Hwayoung! You sound like my mother!"By the way how is your mother?" A smile appeared on my lips. "She went to the doctor two days ago. And the doctor said she'll be alright soon." I said happily. "Whoa! Really? That are good news. I feel really happy for you two." She said hugging me. Then the bell rang and the lesson started. After school we walked home. Eunjung lived not far away from my house so we went went together everyday. 

*At home*

"I'm home!" I shouted to let my mother know that I was home already. But I didn't get an answer so I decided to look for my mother. 'Maybe she's in the kitchen.' I thought. I went to the kitchen but I froze on my spot when I saw pieces of glass and some ingredients lying on the floor. When I saw many little red stains I came closer to where the mess was and knelt to have a better look on it. My eyes widened when I realized that that were bloody stains. I stood up immediately and ran trough the whole house calling my mother. But the only answer I got was silence. Fear grew inside me and tears flowed down my cheeks. 'Eomma, where are you and what happened to you? I hope you're OK.' I prayed in my mind. Suddenly our telephone began ringing, what made me wince a bit. I ran to the phone and answered the call without looking at the caller ID. "Eomma?" I asked hopefully. "Yeoboseyo. Am I talking to Miss Hwayoung?" A male voice asked. "Y-Ye. T-this is Hwayoung b-but who are you?" I stuttered. "I'm Dr. Lee. You're mother is in our hospital. Could -" "What?! In The hospital? Why?" I asked in shock not minding that I just cut him off. "Ye. She's at the hospital. Could you come here, since you're the only relative we found." "Ye. Mullon I'll come. Where is the hospital?" I asked. The doctor gave me the address and hang up. I caught a taxi and showed the driver the address. He drove off and after 25 minutes he stopped the car in front of a big white building. "Gamsahamnida." I said to the taxi driver, paid and ran to the reception."Annyeonghaseyo. May I help you?" the woman behind the desk asked. "Ye. I'm looking for Kim Jinhee. I'm her daughter." I answered  still shocked. „Ah. Ye. You must be .. Kim Hwayoung. Right?“ „Ye. I got a phone call and the doctor said that my mother is here. What happened to her? Is she okay? Where is she now? Can I see her?“ „Wait a minute. The doctor will answer all of your questions. Just go straight to the elevator. When you're on the 7th floor go straight again until you reach room 304 then turn right and almost at the end on the left side there is room 337. There is you're mother. The doctor will come a bit later.” she answered smiling but there was something in her eyes what told me that something bad has happened. 'What the hell is going on?' I asked myself. After she told me where my mother was I ran as fast as I could. I reached the 7th floor and looked at first for room 304 and as I expected there was another corridor. I looked at the numbers beside the doors. '331, 332, 333, 334,...' I counted the doors and stopped abruptly when I saw the number, which I was looking for. “Room 337.” I said fearfully reaching out for the door handle. My hands were shaking crazily. I opened the door hesitantly. My eyes widened when I saw her. My mother was lying on a bed connected to some machines and cables. “Eomma!”