This is a Test

Your Highness

 

Luhan’s eyes fluttered open, regaining consciousness. His head felt a little heavy and his back was in minor pain. He felt a cold rag on his forehead and tried to scan the room with only his eyes. He could tell that he was still in Mogsu’s place as well as that he was still in the 20s. He heard faint whispers from behind him. “Kai…?” his voice croaked, he could barely speak. Even so, Kai heard him and came over, squatting at his side.

                            “You’re awake? Finally…it’s been hours.” Kai sighed and looked at Luhan, “I guess Mogsu didn’t exactly specify what would happen…” he paused for a moment, “Do you feel any different?”

                            Luhan’s eyes squinted, “I…can’t talk very well.” The words were almost unintelligible. “And my body feels…really really heavy. Is this a part of it?” More footsteps were heard behind him, Luhan guessed it was Mogsu.

                            The old man answered the question, “I wouldn’t know, I’ve actually never done that before.” He laughed and put a smoking pipe in his mouth, “But I’m assuming it worked since you’re alive…” he his beard and pointed to Kai, “Help him get up, we need to test his abilities as soon as possible.”

                            Kai nodded and put his arm under Luhan’s back, trying to gently sit him up. “Actually, use your powers to get up, boy.” Kai looked at Mogsu with one eyebrow cocked.

                            “I’m sorry, but he can’t even move a finger…how do you expect him to get up?” Kai said, Luhan groaning even at the slightest bend of his back.

                            Mogsu took in a deep breath, “He’s just not used to it. Luhan, do this for me…close your eyes.” He waited for Luhan to shut his eyes and then proceeded, “Now take a couple deep breaths for me. Lay your palms on the ground and spread out your fingers, even if it hurts, just do what I say.” He saw Luhan struggle but slowly accomplish his command. Mogsu quietly stepped over behind Luhan with Kai patiently waiting. Mogsu lifted his cane above Luhan’s head and spoke louder, “Now!” he ed the cane downwards, aiming between the eyes, ready to bash Luhan’s skull in. Kai’s eyes widened as Luhan opened his eyes almost mechanically, flinging the cane with only a flick of his eyes. His index finger tapped on the ground and propelled him into a standing position. He reached out his palm and sent Mogsu into the sturdy wooden wall, his breathing heavy.

                            Kai faltered backwards and gulped at what he had seen in only a mere matter of seconds. He saw Luhan, just seconds ago in agony, now standing in a gallant pose, his eyes fiercely driven toward Mogsu. The cane lying by Kai’s side. “Holy .” Kai mumbled. Luhan turned to Kai and lowered his hand; his eyebrows furrowed.

                            “That was highly impressive.” Mogsu chortled, wiping the debris off of his light blue robe. “This is quite the adventure in my old years...” he gradually stood up straight, “Luhan, pass me my cane.” Luhan’s head snapped back at him and quickly floated the cane into Mogsu’s open hand, “Thank you.”

                            Luhan stared at his hands in amusement, “Did I really do that…?” he turned his palms over and over until he finally came to terms that his power has reached its full potential.

                            “Oh, would you look at that—“ Mogsu tapped over to Luhan and swiftly grabbed his wrist, sending minor pangs of anguish through his veins. Luhan bit his lip in response. “His mark is showing! Kai, come here and look.” Kai hurriedly went to them and gazed at the mark on Luhan’s wrist. It looked like three orbs on a long, rounded line with a smaller line underneath of it. Beneath it was the same thing; both surrounded a circle. It looked like a wound.

                            Luhan was frightened, “What is that? Am I hurt?!” his voice had panic written on it.

                            “Not at all, boy. Look here,” Mogsu lightly traced the mark on the six orbs, “These represent the powers that are crucial to living. The elements, as one might refer to them as. Fire, water, earth, light, lightning, and snow. They aren’t the normal four elements you usually read about. Now, the two lines surrounding the middle orb are referred to as the ‘human machines:’ flight and healing. The middle orb stands for time: teleportation and time control. You, Luhan, are within that orb. You move these beings around. You know exactly where they are. You are their source. If you die, they are finished and essentially…so is the world.” Luhan gulped at this realization.

                            “But you see, as long as the keepers of the time powers are alive, you cannot be killed.” Mogsu looked at Kai. Kai nodded in response.

                            Luhan looked puzzled, “That’s only eleven powers.” Kai looked at his wrist and counted, confirming that there were only eleven symbols.

                            “Ah, yes…air. It’s all around you. It has no symbol or shape. It can only be seen by what it moves. It’s free.” Mogsu shed a slight smile, “He will be easy to find though, I assure you.”

“But how does he find him? I mean…now we understand Luhan has extremely quick reflexes and a fancy symbol that has all the other powers connected to it, but that still doesn’t explain how that’s supposed to help us.” Kai pondered.

                            “Well let’s use our brains here. Luhan has the power of telekinesis which means he can move things with his mind. He has all this information about the locations of the other powers, but can’t seem to tell us. In fact, you don’t know at all, do you?” Mogsu asked. Luhan shook his head and shrugged. “The information is inside of him, he just has to communicate it through his power.”

                            Kai had a puzzled expression on his face, “What does that mean? How is that possible? Can he just print the information out of his hands?”

                            Luhan looked at his hand and spoke up, “I think I understand.”

                            “Then what does it—“ Kai was cut off by Luhan’s hand being placed on his forehead.

                            “Close your eyes.” Luhan ordered. Suddenly, his symbol started to glow and the veins in his arm pulsed. Kai’s head felt a throbbing sensation that he has never felt in his life…Luhan’s hand dropped back down to his side. The room was quiet, waiting for something to happen. All of a sudden, Kai spoke, repeating the same thing over and over again.

                            “2055, 2055, 2055, 2055, 2055…” and so on and so on. Luhan looked at Mogsu, scared at what could possibly have been his fault.

                            “Kai! Stop!” Luhan grabbed Kai’s neck and shook it. At the touch of Luhan’s hand, he felt something forming underneath. “What’s…what’s happening?!” he let go of his neck and watched as a black number appeared on the left side of his neck displaying the numbers 2055.

                            Kai panted and looked at Mogsu, “Do you have an explanation for that?!” he held his neck now, which was slightly sore.

                            “It’s like a note. To remember the information he has given you. Think of it as some sort of tattoo.” Mogsu laughed, “I mean, if you’re into that kind of thing.”

                            “So this is the year…year 2055 is where we will find the next power?” Kai asked. Mogsu nodded.

                            “Now remember what I said to you. The people possessing these powers will all come to The people possessing these powers will all come to you one way or another. I don’t know which power it is, but always be cautious…Luhan here is a free-spirit and was no trouble at all. Some may put up a fight. It’s up to you how to handle it. Good luck.”