Open Yourself Up

Your Highness

 

“You can help me find the others.” Kai stated.

Luhan sighed and looked at the ground, “I don’t know what that old man told you, but I can’t find everyone. Maybe he meant someone else…I’m not that powerful.”

Kai recalled what Mogsu had said…he knew he wasn’t hearing things. Mogsu had said Luhan was the key to finding the other powers. “I’m sure it was you. He clearly said it. I wouldn’t be making this up for any reason…”

“Bring me with you.” Luhan said sternly, looking at Kai.

“Bring him where?” Just then, Kai saw Ommie put her hand on Luhan’s shoulder, gently smiling. Her eyes weren’t green, but now purple. She also had changed into a bright pink dress with no back. “He has to take care of the bar, right Lu-Lu?” she wrapped her arms around him and giggled.

Luhan awkwardly chuckled, “To his hometown. He lives out in the country. Not very high-tech like around here.” He said, putting on more charm than usual. Ommie cocked her head and looked at Kai. “Yes, he’s taking me.” As if he knew what she was going to ask.

“Oh,” she took her hands off of Luhan and walked towards Kai, “Cute.” She slid her pointer finger across Kai’s cheek as she walked away. There was a slightly mysterious tone to her, which was amusing. Kai didn’t fall for the I-know-I’m-hot types.

“Isn’t she just a charmer?” Luhan said in a slightly sarcastic way, “She’s very different than what meets the eye you know.”

“Oh really?” Kai seemed uninterested. “Back on the subject…you want to go to the 1920s?”

Luhan thought it over again, “Yes. I want to talk with this Mogsu guy. I really don’t think I have the power to find everyone. I can only move things,” he demonstrated once again by moving Kai’s drink, “I can’t find people, let alone people from different centuries…” Luhan watched Kai get up and push in his chair. He grabbed Luhan by the arm, forcing him to stand. They walked toward the door as Luhan called out behind him, “Um, Ommie! You’re in charge! I’ll be back soon!” The door shut behind them as they faced each other outside.

“Sorry, it was getting noisy in there.” Kai shrugged.

Luhan squinted at Kai, “I was still drinking that you know.” Kai rolled his eyes and disappeared, coming back in a matter of seconds with Luhan’s drink in his hand.

“Ta-da.” Kai said, holding out the water. Luhan held his hand out and motioned the cup toward him, floating ever so gracefully. Suddenly a siren rang out. An expression of terror rose on Luhan’s face. “What’s happening?!” Kai said.

“We need to go, now.” He clutched onto Kai’s arm as he teleported, nearly dodging the weapon aimed for Luhan’s back.

                                                                                __________________

                                                                                OMMIE

                                Ommie sat at her vanity, letting the electronics do the work.  Each extension of pink hair fell into a drawer full of accessories. The robotic arm rigorously wiped the heavy makeup from her face. Her dress was replaced with an oversized, black hoodie and leather leggings, with leather boots. Living at the bar was a great luxury. She pressed the button on the machine. She got up and laid down on her king sized bed, made with the finest materials. Suddenly, her phone started to ring, which irritated her when she was relaxed and ready to go to bed. The voice on the other line was quiet, “I think we found one tonight.” She knew that was her cue. Flipping her hood above her head, she stormed out into the night, hoping not to be seen.

                                “Where?” she asked, still on the line.

                                “Not far from where you’re standing. Right outside.” The voice spoke to her, giving her the directions.

                                “Okay, I can make it from here.” She closed the phone and took out a small handgun. She held it loosely in her hand. Ommie saw the suspect and what it was doing—lifting the cup in the air with no other supports. The sirens rang…and she took her shot.

                                                                                _________________

                                “Wow…is this really where you live?” Luhan said, still holding onto Kai’s sleeve. He gazed at the brick buildings painted with dull colors. The men in suits, the women in long dresses. They both felt out of place with expensive clothing.

                                “We should go to my apartment.” Kai said, disregarding what Luhan asked. He pulled Luhan in and traveled to Kai’s room. “So what the hell was that?” Kai exclaimed, throwing some old clothes at Luhan. “The siren, the bullet…was that the SC?”

                                Luhan caught the old clothes, “Yes…I was hoping you wouldn’t have to meet with them this soon…this is why I never use my powers outside…”

                                “Does this mean they’re looking for us, now?” Kai worriedly said.

                                “Only in that time. It’s not like they can time travel like you.” Luhan laughed. Kai gave him a glare.

                                “This isn’t a joke, I hope you know. I don’t need to so I can watch your little tricks. I don’t need you just to tell you that you aren’t the only one that’s different. I need you because my brother is DYING and the world is ENDING, do you ing understand me? And if we die, everyone dies. Everyone.” Kai let the last word slowly roll off of his tongue. Luhan looked at the ground…he must’ve gotten the picture.

                                “I never wanted to be involved in something big…I never thought my powers would be used…I never thought I was the key to anything. I’m just some orphan that saved some bridge. I figured one day the SC would come find me so I would stop hiding but—“

                                “Listen,” Kai said sternly, “we won’t get caught. We will do everything it takes not to get caught. And if one of us does…we have to fight to get them back because we aren’t backing down without a fight. We will find the other powers.” Luhan nodded. “Let’s find Mogsu.”

                                “The old man?” Luhan said with a grin.

                                “I swear to god if you make another joke I will—“ Kai threatened.

                                “Sorry, sorry.” Luhan held up his hands in defense, then reached on to Kai’s hand, “So we’re going now?” Kai thought he acted like a child.

                                “No, we don’t want to be that obvious. There is no SC around here, but how would people react if we just showed up in front of a building?” Kai explained.

                                “Good point.” Luhan said, still holding onto Kai’s hand.

                                “You can let go now.” Kai said, directing his comment towards their hands. Luhan broke away immediately and apologized as they walked out the door. The 1920s felt alarmingly different compared to 2060. 160 years went by and so many things had happened…Luhan knew about the history back then, but he’s obviously never experienced it. He wondered how a plane could crash into a building, since buildings in his time were damage and wear proof. And how inventing the first iPod was a big deal. History changes to the point where we forget how and why…

                                “We’re here.” Kai’s words interrupted Luhan’s thoughts as they stepped toward the same old building Kai had visited before.

                                “Is this…wood?” Luhan felt the wood panels of the house. Kai nodded and advised him not to get a splinter. Kai reached for the door handle and was surprised to find the door open. Mogsu was standing in front of the door with a smile on his face.

                                “I’ve been expecting you!” He said to them.

                                They heard a call from the back of the building, “He actually just looked out the window!”

                                “Oh, shut up!” Mogsu grunted. Luhan giggled as they walked into the back room. “I’m assuming you have telekinesis, right boy?”

                                Luhan looked at Kai for reassurance, so when Kai nodded, he responded, “Yes. My name is Xi Luhan.” He bowed in respects. Kai wondered how his demeanor could change from childish to respectful in a matter of seconds.

                                “I see. Would you like some tea?” Mogsu motioned a teacup at Luhan.

                                “Ah, sure. Thank you.” Luhan replied. Mogsu then took the cup behind his head and chucked the cup at Luhan, testing his abilities. Luhan out his hands and directed the cup to his left, accidentally hitting another target.

                                “Aish!” Kai yelled as he grabbed his head in slight pain. Luhan tried to contain his laughter. Mogsu, however had no hesitating thought.

                                “Very good demonstration of your powers!” the old man chortled.

                                “Yeah, totally…” Kai scowled at Luhan once more, rubbing his head, “But anyway, we came here for a question.”

                                “Yes! Um, I heard I was the key to finding the other powers but I can’t do anything besides telekinesis so I was wondering—“

                                “Sit.” Mogsu cut Luhan’s mumbling off. “I figured you would come and ask me…I guess it would be something hard to figure out…” he his beard once more. “Come, Luhan.” He waved his hand over next to him, while Kai watched what was happening. Luhan sat next to the man and smiled cutely, unaware of practically anything that was going on. Kai figured that was a defense mechanism of some sort…to hide that he was actually terrified.

                                “You keep a piece of paper with you, don’t you?” Mogsu began.

                                Luhan seemed startled by the question, “What kind of paper?”

                                “You know what I’m talking about.” He signaled to Luhan’s pocket, “Come on, get it out.”

                                Luhan bit his lip and reached into his pocket, which contained a newspaper article, “Here.”

                                Mogsu carefully examined the article, “Hm. Earthquake I see. It was a good thing you saved some of those people, even though it was such a small bridge…so tell me—how many cars were on the bridge?”

                                Luhan couldn’t think of an exact amount, “I’m not sure, it’s been a while…”

                                “Ten. Ten cars were on the bridge. How many powers are there?”

                                “Twelve, but what do the number of cars have to do with anything?” Luhan inquired.

                                Mogsu continued the questioning, “Was there a car you found generally strange?”

                                Luhan nodded, “There was a motorcycle with some attachment on the side. Like for another person.”

                                “Then they are connected?” Mogsu asked. Luhan nodded.

                                Kai knew where some of this was going, “That motorcycle and the attachment were connected, like my brother and I. That would technically make 11 cars which stood for all the powers besides Luhan, whose car was crushed, which means in this traumatic experience, he holds the clues for the other powers…”

                                “Bingo.” Mogsu confirmed.

                                Luhan was wide-eyed, “But I don’t understand…how can I find them?”

                                “This traumatic experience…will forever be in your heart.” Mogsu said, alsmot whispering.

                                “It’s in your heart, Luhan.” Kai exclaimed, turning to him.

                                “Open up your heart.” Mogsu placed his palm on the left side of Luhan’s chest. He felt like a weight was being dropped on him. Luhan’s eyes rolled back and his hands hit the ground as he tried to control himself. Kai sat in awe at what was happening. Luhan was starting to float. He was using telekinesis on himself…opening all the powers he will possess.