Uncertain

My Best Friend

 

~•♥•~

 

After a long day at the shop, MinYoung tiredly came up to her house. When she was about to insert her key into the keyhole, Mrs. Shin opened the door.

 

“Hey, umma~” MinYoung tiredly greeted her mother.

“Had a long day at work?” Mrs. Shin asked as she closed the door.

“Yeah. I finished all four dresses today,” MinYoung yawned.

“Have you had your dinner yet?” Mrs. Shin asked as she headed for the kitchen. MinYoung shook her head.

 

“I haven’t either. Let’s just order some pizza and watch a movie. What do you think?” Mrs. Shin asked as she grabbed the phonebook.

“Sure,” MinYoung agreed.

 

MinYoung went upstairs to her room to freshen up before dinner. She took a long hot shower to relax her back and muscles. She wrapped her towel around her body and went in her closet to get some comfortable clothes.

 

MinYoung sat by her vanity and combed her hair. She then noticed something glistening beneath a small green box that was placed on top of her vanity. MinYoung put down her brush and opened the green box; inside was a necklace that had a key pendant on it.

 

Flashback

 

“Before I forget,” Yunho snapped his fingers, “this is for you,” he lifted up a small green paper bag beside him and handed it over to MinYoung.

“Aigoo, oppa, you shouldn’t have,” she said as she reluctantly took the paper bag from him.

“Open it,” he commanded.

 

MinYoung reached inside the paper bag and took out a square box. She looked questioningly at him but he just nodded at the box, telling her to open it. Slowly, she opened the box to reveal a white gold tiffany necklace with a key pendant on it.

 

“Omo, oppa! This is so beautiful!” she exclaimed as she raised the necklace and peered at it.

“Thank you,” she looked at him with grateful eyes.

“No problem,” he smiled, satisfied that MinYoung loved it. “It’s from the limited edition collection by the way,” he added.

“But why a key?” she asked inquisitively.

“Hmm~ I just felt like it,” he shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat.

 

End of Flashback

MinYoung took out the necklace and held it up. It was the first time she looked at it closely. That’s when she realized something.

 

“I never wore this once ever since he gave this to me.”

 

MinYoung placed the necklace around her neck and wondered why she never wore it even once. At the same time, the ring that hung delicately around her neck caught her attention. Forgetting her promise of never removing it until she has an answer, MinYoung unclasped the necklace and held the ring.

 

“Will I ever give Yoochun oppa an answer?”

 

Images of Yoochun appeared at the back of MinYoung’s mind. At that moment, she didn’t know why she held on to the ring and promised of never taking it off.

 

“I can’t bring myself to hurt Yoochun oppa; he has done a lot for me.”

 

MinYoung clasped the necklace back and held Yunho’s necklace.

 

“But I can’t fool myself,” she placed back the necklace on the green box and closed the lid. A tear slowly slid down on her cheek.

 

“MinYoung-ah, the pizza’s here!” Mrs. Shin shouted from downstairs.

 

MinYoung hastily wiped her tears away and checked herself on the mirror. After putting on some powder to cover her stained cheek, MinYoung went downstairs.

 

~•♥•~