Meeting YoungHee

My Best Friend

~•♥•~

 

It was finally AeRin’s birthday and Junsu has prepared a small get together for her.

 

MinYoung was putting on her contact lenses when someone rang her doorbell. She skipped her way downstairs and opened the door. There standing was Yoochun in his smart casual clothes, looking good as ever. A couple of days ago, Yoochun offered MinYoung to pick her up so they could go together to AeRin’s dinner party.

 

“Hey,” Yoochun coolly greeted.

“How are you doing, oppa?” MinYoung kindly asked when he kissed her cheek.

“I’m feeling great, now that I saw you,” his hands went down from her arms to her hands and grasped it. MinYoung blushed. “I missed you~” he cooed, softly gazing at her.

 

Weeks after the fashion show and the party, MinYoung kept herself busy by working in her store; clients came to her studio to personalize their gowns for special occasions or bridal gowns for weddings. Due to the number of clients she gets a day, MinYoung rarely talked to her friends, especially Yoochun.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa. I was busy at work,” she apologized. “But I did.. I did miss.. You.. Too,” she added, rather forced. Nevertheless, Yoochun’s face brightened.

 

“Are you ready?” he asked. MinYoung took her purse and Yoochun took her keys from her and locked the door.

 

Throughout the entire, MinYoung and Yoochun caught up with each other’s lives. She even told Yoochun about Yunho’s new girlfriend.

 

“I heard he’s coming to dinner as well,” Yoochun told MinYoung as he made a right.

“Really?” MinYoung snapped her head to look at him with wide eyes.

“Well, yeah. The girls think it’s appropriate to invite him even though there’s a small chance that he’s coming since he’s busy with their business. He’s our friend after all,” he told her, making quick glances between her and the road.

 

“Will he bring YoungHee with him?” she asked herself as she looked from afar.

 

Five minutes later, Yoochun and MinYoung arrived at the restaurant. Jaejoong, HaRin, Changmin, MinGi, Junsu and AeRin were already there.

 

“Dongsaengdeul!!” MinYoung waved her hand excitedly and approached AeRin after.

 

“Happy birthday, dongsaeng,” MinYoung greeted AeRin and hugged her tight. Yoochun greeted her after. He then pulled out a chair for MinYoung before he sat down beside her.

“Why do we have an extra chair?” MinYoung asked as she pointed at the vacant seat beside her.

 

“We invited Yunho hyung. We included him at the number of people on the table just in case he comes,” Junsu answered and MinYoung nodded.

“Shall we order?” and everyone agreed.

 

While they waited for their food to be served, HaRin suggested AeRin to open up her gifts.

 

Jaejoong and HaRin were the first ones to give their gift which was a limited edition of eckō red shoes that she could use in dancing. Next was Changmin and MinGi’s gift which was two tickets to Macau.

 

“This is too much!!” AeRin’s eyes were going to bulge out from its sockets.

“Baby, don’t say that or they might take it back!” Junsu panicked as he took the tickets from AeRin and hid it behind his back. Everyone laughed.

 

“It’s nothing, AeRin-ah. Just take it,” Changmin told her. Junsu let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank you so much!!” AeRin looked grateful at Changmin and MinGi.

“I’m up next!” Yoochun raised his hand. He took out a small box and handed it to AeRin.

 

“Wow! This is beautiful!” AeRin’s eyes glittered when she opened Yoochun’s gift. She took out a necklace from the box; it glistens whenever the light hits it.

“Thank you oppa~” she held the necklace close to her chest. Yoochun gave her a wink.

 

“I guess I’m next~” MinYoung spoke. She took a medium-sized box out beneath the table and handed it over to her dongsaeng.

“What’s this?” AeRin looked curious at her friend but MinYoung just motioned for her to open it.

 

AeRin took off the lid of the box and the thin white papers. MinYoung’s gift was a short dress that she has personally created and designed for AeRin.

 

“You’re really giving me one of your designs?” AeRin asked slowly. MinYoung nodded.

“And you’re the only person who’ll be having that kind of dress,” MinYoung added.

“Omo! Thank you so much, unnie!!” she squealed.

“It looks great. You could wear it when you guys are in Macau,” MinGi told her and AeRin nodded.

 

“Hi guys!” someone greeted. Everyone looked up from the table and saw they friend Yunho with YoungHee standing close behind.

 

“Hey!” everyone greeted at him.

 

“Guys, meet YoungHee, my girlfriend,” he finally introduced YoungHee to everyone as he held her close by the waist. MinYoung’s eyes followed his hand. “YoungHee, these are my annoying friends,” he finished.

“Hi~” YoungHee shyly greeted.

“Take this chair first. I’ll go get mine,” he pulled out the vacant chair beside MinYoung for YoungHee to sit. “Is it okay?” he asked MinYoung who let out a tight smile and nodded. Later on, Yunho appeared with his own chair and sat down.

 

Then, their dinner was served and continued to chat. In most of the conversations, YoungHee just listened as she ate. HaRin then noticed YoungHee’s discomfort.

 

“So, YoungHee-ssi, how long have you been handling your family’s business?” HaRin asked, diverting the attention to YoungHee.

“Uhh.. I’m not handling it yet. I’m more like appa’s right hand. I’ve been in that position since I graduated from high school,” she corrected her.

“Wow! You must’ve been trained at an early age,” Changmin praised.

“I was but it’s more like I wanted to be trained earlier,” she told him.

 

“If only Yunho hyung is determined as you in terms of business, he would know about proper manners and stuff,” Junsu sarcastically stated. Yunho shot him a death glare and Junsu shrunk at his seat.

“Yeah, like being late,” MinYoung piped in and everyone agreed.

“I was not late!” Yunho argued.

“Yes, you were,” everyone muttered.

 

“Actually, I was the reason why he was late; he actually came to pick me up an hour early so he could bring me home. Unfortunately, I was in a meeting and it ended rather late. I had to sign some papers as well before leaving so he invited me to join you guys for dinner instead,” YoungHee explained.

“See!” Yunho stuck out his tongue at everyone.

 

Dessert was next but before their orders came, Junsu snapped his fingers and a waiter approached their table. Junsu whispered something to the waiter who kept on nodding. Then, three waiters came out from the restaurant’s kitchen with a cake. The staff began to sing “happy birthday” and everyone joined in. Even the other customers in the restaurant stopped eating and sang along.

 

“Happy birthday to you~” everyone finished.

“Make a wish,” Junsu whispered softly on AeRin’s ear. AeRin closed her eyes and made a wish before she blew her candles. Everyone clapped their hands.

“Did you like my surprise?” Junsu asked AeRin.

“I did. Thank you, oppa~” AeRin smiled. “That’s not all,” he told her.

 

Beneath the table, Junsu took out his gift which was wrapped in a purple crepe paper with a ribbon enclosing it. His gift was not that big but it was soft. When AeRin tore the paper, a teddy bear was inside. She then noticed a ring tied around the bear’s neck. Junsu undo the tie of the ribbon, took the ring and inserted it on AeRin’s ring finger. She stared at it and looked at Junsu who was smiling at her. He raised his hand to show her that he’s wearing the same ring. AeRin’s tears began to blur her sight.

 

“I love it, oppa. Thank you so much,” she said softly.

“I love you,” he whispered at her. Junsu began to lean in to kiss AeRin on the lips. AeRin was thrilled and kissed him back.

“Whoooo!!!!” their friends cheered. Junsu and AeRin smiled through their lips.

 

“We have another surprise,” Changmin announced. Everyone looked at him and MinGi.

“What is it?” MinYoung carefully asked. Changmin looked at MinGi who grinned at him and then back to everyone else.

 

“WE’RE ALL GOING TO MACAU!!!” he shouted. Upon hearing his announcement, everyone cheered. YoungHee laughed at them.

“YoungHee-ssi, you should come. It’ll be fun!” Jaejoong invited.

 

“Oppa, do you really have to say that?” MinYoung stared at Jaejoong.

 

“Ohh~ it’s okay. It’s your vacation. I know you guys would want to have some bonding time,” YoungHee declined.

“No. You should come. Plus, Yunho oppa might get lonely,” MinGi teased.

“Yeah, come with us~” Yunho told her.

 

“Please say no. Please say no,” MinYoung chanted to herself.

 

“Alright. I’ll come with,” YoungHee gave in. Everyone clapped their hands in excitement except for MinYoung and Junsu.

 

“Great,” MinYoung wanted sulk right there but she knew it would be rude.

 

“HELL NO!!” Junsu cried.

 

“What’s wrong, Junsu-yah?” Yoochun asked his friend.

“You guys can’t come to Macau with AeRin and I. IT’S JUST NOT RIGHT!!” Junsu shouted.

“Why can’t we? I’m paying for the tickets anyway,” Changmin said.

“You’re not paying for it because you guys own an airplane!” Junsu pointed at him.

 

“Let’s settle this then. We go to Macau but you and AeRin will stay behind since you don’t want to be with us,” Changmin offered.

“Oppa can stay behind. I’d go to Macau with or without Junsu oppa,” AeRin immediately said. Everyone cracked up.

 

“I can’t believe that you’re choosing them over me,” Junsu pouted.

 

~•♥•~