Chapter 5

Love & blood.

"S-Soyu?" Bora barley managed to choke out in response, utter disbelief was written all over her face. Her slender hand reached out and brushed against the blonde's smooth skin, as if to make sure she was not hallucinating.  
"It's me." The smiling blonde reassured her, the corners of her eyes crinkling. That was Soyu's signature smile, the smile that caught the hearts of many..Including her victims.
Bora's eyes lit up as she abruptly leaped from her chair to pull the younger in for a tight embrace...Inhaling her sweet scent.
Vanilla. Incredibly typical of Soyu.
"I missed you.." The older cooed, patting Soyu's back. 
"It's been so long, hasn't it?" The blonde mumbled as her arms held the other female's figure possessively.
She seemed as if she was scared of letting go and losing her again.. 

"Ehm." The only male in the room cleared his throat, interrupting their emotional reunion. He had more important things to worry about, after all. 
"Now, I've summoned you two here for a very important mission." He started, motioning for the two of them to sit down.
Once they obliged, he continued to speak. 

"In two days, Minho will be attending a gala at 7 PM. I want the both of you to proceed to assassinate him before the ball ends." 

"But...Won't that gather a lot of unwanted attention? Why would you want that kind of publicity? They'll be about a thousand people in there." Bora reluctantly questioned, unsure of what the male's intentions were.
This made absolutely no sense to her. He wanted them to assisnate him at a public event, whereas usually he'd let her take care of her victim in secluded areas. The back alley behind a local pub for an example. He'd be dead either way, so why risk it?

Soyu glanced at Hanuel for a moment, seemingly asking for permission to respond before proceeding to do so. Once he nodded, she turned to eye Bora. "I think that's exactly what Haneul oppa wants. The more people there is, the less likely they are to notice us. Don't forget that Minho is not our usual victim, I'm sure it'll be harder for us to handle him the way we usually do." 

Bora exhaled, nodding in agreement. She knew where they were coming from, yet she felt uneasy about this. But hey, who was she to complain? The money was good, and it satisfied her thirst for blood.

"Okay, so I'll leave the planning part for the both of you." Haneul stated as he stood up, his chair screeching against the marble floor.
"I trust you. Do not disappoint me." He probed, lingering in his spot for a moment. The two females could feel the threat in his tone, the faint intimidation... 
None of them dared move a muscle, nor utter a word. The dark room became dreadfully silent. The only thing they could hear was the male's footsteps as he left the room, and then the door slammed shut. 

Bora's hand unknowingly ran across the surface of the large file.. 
Lee Minho. Just what the hell are you?

...........................................

Bora followed Soyu out of their secret hideout, heading towards a nearby cafe to chat and catch up. It's been almost two years since the last time the two females had interacted, so they were not going to waste the chance to finally spend time with each other. 

They settled on the nearest table, sitting opposite of each other. For a while, the two of them only exchanged silent gazes and wide smiles.. reminiscing the time they spent together, the missions they accomplished together, the people they had assassinated together.. 
They stared for a while longer, noticing just how much those last few years had affected one another. Bora's eyes no longer crinkled in the corners when she smiled, her hair no longer shined. She seemed as if she had been taking even less care of herself. 
Soyu's hair was longer than Bora had ever seen it, her cheeks looked fuller and her face seemed fresh and young.

It seemed like Haneul had listened to Bora for once. 

"Has he been treating you well?" Bora went ahead and broke the comfortable silence that had fallen upon them.
Soyu nodded in silence, her smile widening. The two of them knew better than to mention his name in public.

 "Oppa has been taking good care of me. I have gotten better at my missions too." The blonde explained further, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear... That's when Bora's eyes unconsciously shifted towards the younger female's exposed wrist, spotting the all-too-familiar burn scar.


Her facial expression softened, as she could tell just how much Soyu had matured. She used to cover her right wrist all the time, whether it was by wearing long sleeved shirts or wearing big bracelets.
To her, it as a way to cope with the painful memories that came with it whenever her eyes laid on it. But not anymore, as she now had a sleeveless, navy blue dress on which perfectly framed her body, and she wore it with such confidence that the raven haired female couldn't help but be utterly proud of her.  

"I'm glad you're doing well, Sooyeon." 

Soyu's smile faltered ever so slightly...

Right, Sooyeon.