Chapter 1

Love & blood.

 

It was a bright, cool night, when the moonlight shined over that pitch black bazooka. She narrowed her small, cold black eyes as she concentrated on the target.  
Her cold, stable fingers pulled the trigger without any hesitation.
 
BANG!
 
The bullet flew into the wind, as quick as lightening, right into that man's skull, blowing the back of his head all over the floor.
 
THUD.
 
A smile tickled the corner of her dark red lips, as she saw his body collapse on the floor, completely motionless. She put the bazooka down and walked towards the bloody, headless corpse.
 
With no mercy, she stepped on the motionless body with her heavy foot, burying it deep into the dry sand. Her smile widened into a grin.
 
She pulled out her cell phone out of her pocket, dialing a blocked number.
 
A voice went through, greeting her casually.
 
- Hey, is it all done?
 
She nodded at the phone as if he can see her, since he has eyes and ears everywhere.
 
- Yes, I held up my part of the deal.
 
- You alright?
 
- Are you kidding? 
 
She said, half giggling as she continued.
 
- It's a piece of cake, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
 
- That's what I expected from you. Great work.
 
- Mhmm. 
 
She nodded again as she hung up and slid the cell phone back into her pocket.
 
Now THAT was a great end of the day. She thought as she walked on the bloody sand, a wide grin cracking her face, heading towards her apartment in that very same area which was prohibited. 
 
She walked by the door and slid the key in, opened it and walked directly towards her bed, throwing herself in between the sheets.
 
'Aren't you ever going to change into something more comfortable when you sleep? God, Bora. How can you sleep in these clothes?!'
That feminine, sweet, yet serious voice echoed through her mind as she looked up at the ceiling. 
 
Bora let out a long sigh before she dragged herself out of her bed, towards her wardrobe. She grabbed the first pajamas she saw and wore them, leaving the black leather suit she wore earlier on the chair right next to the wardrobe. 
 
She walked towards her bed once again, and looked down at the picture frame which laid on the dresser with a thick layer of dust covering it. 
 
Slowly, she ran her fingers across the wooden red frame, wiping the dust away and taking a clear look at the picture inside.
"I wonder how things would have been, if I made different decisions back then.." She muttered as she stared at the picture of the both of them, smiling widely at the camera. It was a typical girls night out.
 
And then she felt it again, the warm bright liquid on her hands, the screams, the cold wind, and the smell of blood..
 
She felt a cold shiver run down her spine and then she suddenly looked away, as if she snapped out of her thoughts by the bitterness of reality. 
 
She then laid down on the bed and closed her eyes, slowly drifting away.
 

Monday morning. 

Bora opened her eyes, immediately wincing.The sunlight had sneaked right into her room, beneath her curtains, only to settle right on her face.
This was exactly why she hated mornings, this was exactly why she's always been a Night Owl as they say.
 
 
She dragged herself out of her bed, directly towards the bathroom. A cross look filling her face as she brushed her teeth and combed her long black hair and tied it up in a lazy, messy bun. She hated her morning shift.
 
She walked back into her bedroom and pulled out the first professional black suit she saw, threw it on, grabbed her black briefcase. After glancing at the mirror one last time, she stormed out of the apartment. Stopping by a nearby cafe to get a bitter sugar free coffee before walking to work as usual. 
 
As she walked towards her desk, a high pitched shout echoed through the crowded hallway. 
"Yoora~!" 
For a minute, she forgot that it was her whose name was being called. Right, Yoora. She thought, as she turned back to the person calling, flashing a big, fake smile at whoever wanted to talk to her. 
A young, childish looking woman, let out a sigh as her bony fingers ran through her short jet black hair. 
 
"Yoora, are you mad at me?" She asked in an extremely gentle, high pitched voice.
 
Bora shook her head. "Ah, no! I'm not mad at you, Dasom! I was merely distracted just now."
 
Dasom smiled widely. "Really?! That's great! I was afraid you were mad at me because I didn't call you back yesterday."
 
Ah, right. I tried to call her yesterday, in order to tell her I might be late for work today. I totally forgot. Bora thought.
 
"Oh, it's alright! Forget it. It was nothing important, really!" She said, flashing another fake smile.
 
"Okay then. See you around, Yoora!" Dasom happily walked back to her desk. 
 
Bora lumped towards her office, sitting on top of her desk were piles of papers and files.
Great. Another daytime of boring tasks. She thought.