Chapter 3

Love & blood.

Tuesday morning. 

Zzzt zzzt

Bora was awaken by the constant vibration of her phone.

She furriously rubbed her eyes as she grabbed her phone from the dresser right next to her bed. With half open eyes, and an extremely annoyed expression, she glanced at the caller's ID. 

Blocked Number. 

Her red lips tucked up in a small smile as she answered the phone call. 

"Morning." The caller greeted, as casual as usual.

"Morning, Hanuel." She said, in a sleepy voice.

 "Listen up. I need you to meet me at our usual place after your morning shift." He demanded, in a serious tone. 

"I'll be there. What's so important? You usually send me a text message." She asked, curious.

"Meet me and find out." He exclaimed before he ended the call. 

Tsk. What's with him? She muttered under her breath as she put her cellphone back on the dusty dresser. 

With a sigh, she leaned against the headboard of her bed.. Slowly recalling the events of the previous night. 

Her eyes suddenly widened in realization, and she quickly turned her head to the side, eyeing the open drawer of her dresser.

She dug her hand in, touching all the objects aimlessly, until she got a hold of it. She pulled it out franticly, and stared at it for a few minutes. 

The knife she was holding was fully stained with blood, and her eyes eased up at the sight of redness almost fading from the stains. Slowly.. she closed her eyes and tightened her grip on the knife, putting it closer to her nose. She inhaled the smell of blood with pleasure, and she let out a sigh of relief, before walking towards the toilet and washing the blood off. 

In a hurry, she got dressed and headed out of her apartment. With steady and slow steps, she walked towards her work place.

"Good morning, Yoora!" Dasom cheerfuly greeted Bora the second she walked past her cubicle. 

Bora took a few steps back, to peer inside Dasom's cubicle. "Morning, Dasom!" She said, forcing a smile on her face.

Dasom smiled, her small black eyes glowing with joy. She has always been a morning person, and would always show up earlier than most of her other workmates. 

Bora couldn't help but grin. Dasom has a positive influence on almost everybody, and would cheer up a person just by smiling.. but that was not the only reason why she could easily make Bora smile.

There was something familiar in Dasom's eyes. She resembled someone.. someone Bora had always cherished. 

Bora continued to walk towards her own cubicle, only to be greeted by a big pile of papers setteled on her desk. She let out a sigh before she sat down and skimmed through the papers. 

............

....................

Knock knock.

Gentle tabs on the door of her cubical were barley heard. 

"Hmm? Come in." She said, without taking her eyes off of the papers she's working on.

"Um.. Yoora, it's lunch time. Do you want to come and grab a bite with me?" Dasom inquired, with a gentle smile on her face, after she popped her head into Bora's office.

"Oh, of course. Just a second." Bora replied as she hastily arranged the piles of papers and files on her desk, then she grabbed her wallet and headed towards the door where Dasom was patiently waiting.

"Let's go!" Dasom shouted before she cheerfully ran through the crowded hallways towards the elevator, rapidly pressing the button the moment she got there.

Tsk, that girl! Bora thought. Her enegery is unbelievable!  

"Come on! The elevator arrived!" Dasom's shout echoed through the hallways.

"Aish, I'm coming!" Bora exclaimed as she walked faster towards the elevator Dasom held open. 

Bora let out a sigh of relief the second she stepped foot inside the elevator. Dasom let out a light chuckle as she poked Bora, "You're getting old~" She said, teasingly tugging into Bora's sleeve. Bora grinned in return.

Ding!

The doors of the elevator slid open, revealing a crowded foodcourt ahead.