Interrogation

Forbidden Fate

Poke. Poke poke.

 

Kyungsoo groaned at the feeling of someone’s finger poking his cheek. He opened his eyes too see a huge pair of eyes staring down at him. Yixing. He screamed and sat up on the bed, while Yixing rolled his eyes.

 

“Great, you’re awake. Now maybe we can get down to business,” Yixing said sarcastically. He pulled up a chair from behind and sat down on it, leaning forward while keeping his eyes on Kyungsoo all the time. Kyungsoo stared at him, wondering why he wasn’t dead yet.

 

“Let’s see......” Yixing smiled a genuine smile, but Kyungsoo knew better than to trust the man in front of him. “You’re probably wondering why you’re here. You’re also wondering why you aren’t dead yet, and who I am.” His eyes swiveled back to Kyungsoo. “Am I right?”

 

“You tricked me,” Kyungsoo said calmly, taking a deep breath. He felt his back pocket, and wasn’t surprised to find that his gun was no longer there. His knife however, was on the table near the bed.  “Care to answer my questions?”

 

Yixing shook his head, still smiling. “I want you to answer something before that.”

 

Kyungsoo glared at him, saying nothing. Yixing took this as an initiative to speak.

 

“Where’s Kai? Answer me truthfully and no one will get hurt.”

 

Kyungsoo jaw immediately tightened. He doubted that Yixing would hurt him, but the look in his eyes seemed serious. The chances of him leaping up, grabbing the knife then stabbing Yixing successfully was too small. Yixing was fast, as he had demonstrated his agility earlier when knocking him out. Kyungsoo decided to play it safe.

 

“What do you want with him?”

 

Yixing made a “tsk tsk” noise in his throat and shook his head. “You need to answer my question, Kyungsoo.”

 

Before Kyungsoo could say anything back, a knife was already pressed against his throat. His eyes widened in surprise while Yixing sighed and shook his head again.

 

“Put the knife down, Baekhyun.”

 

“But this piece of ­–“

 

“Baekhyun.” Yixing’s voice was final. Kyungsoo felt the grip around his neck loosen, and the man behind him stepped back into the shadows. Kyungsoo pressed his lips together in a thin line.

 

“I didn’t know you had an acquaintance.”

 

“I heard that you were strong, so I had to,” Yixing shrugged nonchalantly. “Fine then. We’re here to take Kai back because he’s a stupid idiot for getting himself caught in the first place. Now please tell me where he is or I will not hesitate to shoot you into pieces.” He pulled out his gun. Kyungsoo ignored it.

 

“How did you guys get inside here?”

 

“Easy. The part about me being a genius hacker is true. The cameras here are all bugged. Yixing is just a codename. The apprentice that I used was supposed to be a new guy coming here for the first time, so I drugged him. Right now he’s probably inside the sewers or something?” Yixing shrugged.

 

“You make me sick,” Kyungsoo growled. “Kai is a prisoner. There’s no way I’m going to tell you where he is.”

 

Yixing surprised him by laughing. “Is that so? You’re a funny one.” Yixing stood up from his chair and walked closer to Kyungsoo. “Just so you know, Kai has never once killed anyone. Never. He has too much of a kind heart. As for me, I killed two soldiers today because they pissed me off.” He played around with his gun, swinging it with his fingers.

 

Kyungsoo had to clench his hands hard to keep himself from murdering the man in front of him. “And why should I believe you? We found his pendant on the crime scene. The only evidence we had.”

 

“Hmmm?” Yixing stepped back. “He did complain about losing his pendant. Maybe that was it?”

 

“But he­–“

 

“Whoa, calm down.” Yixing held up his hands. “Kai didn’t say anything at all? Did he confess to doing the crime?”

 

Kyungsoo was taken aback by the question. “N-No,” He mumbled, looking down. “He said that he didn’t do it. But then he didn’t struggle when I arrested him and took him here!”

 

“That’s because he’s an idiot,” Yixing muttered under his breath. Baekhyun walked out slowly from the shadows, his eyes on Yixing.

 

“He can’t possibly be–?” The boy said, eyes wide with disbelief. Yixing’s face darkened.

 

“He’s a ing idiot, I tell you.”

 

Kyungsoo looked from the one boy to another. “What are you talking about?”

 

Yixing rolled his eyes and put his gun back in his pocket. “You know Baekhyun? I like this guy. Let’s not kill him.”

 

“W-What?!” Baekhyun spluttered, glaring at Kyungsoo. “But we need him to–“

 

“Yes, yes, I know that,” Yixing said, holding his hand up. “Maybe we can find the culprit. Then after that he’ll give us back Kai.” He looked at Kyungsoo. “I have a feeling that he would tell us anything unless we find the true culprit.”

 

What the ? Kyungsoo thought. They were going to kill him a few seconds ago, but now they were going along with him. He cleared his throat. “You guys are going to find the culprit?”

 

“You’ll be surprised by my detective skills,” Yixing said proudly. “I’m going to hand back your gun, but please don't kill me.” He tossed a flabbergasted Kyungsoo back his gun. Baekhyun was still outraged.

 

“We can always find another person to–“

 

Yixing cut him off. “That’s no fun. Kyungsoo is very entertaining. And I think, just maybe, he’ll be of some significance to us.” He looked at Kyungsoo thoughtfully, nodding his head. Baekhyun sagged like a deflated balloon.

 

“How about that? You do want to find the true culprit, don’t you?”

 

 

 

 

~+~

 

 

 

 

“Let’s see, you were looking for this......MR238 right? To tell you the truth, I wasn’t lying when I said that this room didn’t exist.” Yixing sat back on his chair, shaking his head and shoving the paper from Victoria’s journal onto the floor. Kyungsoo glared at him in disapproval.

 

“You know, you two should be grateful that I haven’t notified the whole Republic about this whole breaking in incident.”

 

“Go ahead,” Yixing said, laughing. “I can shoot you before you even take a centimeter forward.” Strangely, Kyungsoo felt that he was right.

 

“Maybe I’ll just go find the room on my own,” Kyungsoo grumbled, jumping off the bed and walking over to the door.

 

“Whoa, stop being so grumpy. I need to get Kai out of here, so I will help you.” Baekhyun snorted from where he was standing and Yixing shot him a glare, standing up.

 

“Are you Kai’s friend?” Kyungsoo said, his eyes narrowing. Yixing laughed again, shaking his head.

 

“ ‘Friend’? We’re more like enemies, but with benefits. I only came here because I would be in a pinch if Kai was gone.”

 

“Then.....do you know Luhan? Tao?” The words were out of Kyungsoo’s mouth before he could stop himself. Yixing stiffened slightly, his head turning around to stare at him.

 

“You know them? What a surprise.......” Yixing sat down on the chair again, crossing his legs. “The last time I saw Luhan, his face was covered in blood. Maybe he’s dead?”

 

Kyungsoo felt his hands ball up in anger, along with a feeling of dread. “He is not dead.”

 

“You were friends? How interesting,” Yixing murmured. “You’re a Republic soldier, yet you feel sympathy for the Inferiors. I heard that you were the one who arrested Kai. Did you betray them?”

 

“I–“ Kyungsoo was lost for words. Images of Sehun covered in blood clouded his vision. “I didn’t­–“

 

“Yes you did,” Yixing said softly. “You betrayed them. I can see it in your eyes. You feel regret. You wonder if you’re doing the right thing. You also feel the need to free yourself from all this guilt.”

 

Kyungsoo feel onto his knees, shaking uncontrollably. His eyes were wide with shock. “I didn’t......I didn’t....”

 

“You did, you–“

 

A hand clamped down on Yixing’s shoulder before he could say any more. “That’s enough,” Baekhyun quietly said. “You’re going to break him even more.”

 

“Hmmmm,” Yixing hummed, smiling. He seemed to be enjoying it greatly. “He’s easy to read; his heart is troubled.”

 

“Yes, I can see that,” Baekhyun said, looking at the boy who was still crouched down on the floor, gasping. “He must’ve been through a lot. It was his sister that died, no?”

 

Yixing’s eyes darkened at hearing the words. “I don’t like the feeling of this. Not at all.”

 

“Me neither,” Baekhyun said. “All this seemed to be perfectly pieced together, like a puzzle.”

 

Yixing was thinking thoughtfully, when his eyes lit up with realization. “That’s it! It’s a puzzle!” He grabbed the paper on the floor and stared at it.

 

“Let’s see.....F.....O.....R.....I.....no, it’s B....” Baekhyun watched in silence as Yixing began to put the words together one by one.

 

“FORBIDDEN,” Yixing read out loud. “That’s it! This room is one that’s forbidden, a room that no-one has ever gone to. A room out of bounds. Is there one like that?” He looked to Baekhyun for answers, but it was Kyungsoo who answered.

 

“If that’s really the case, then–“ Kyungsoo coughed, slowly standing up, one hand on the bed for support. “There’s this one room that is located near the main lab. I heard it was used for storage, but the strange thing is that the door has a password and won’t let unauthorized people in.”

 

Yixing smiled. “That must be it, then. Baekhyun, let’s hurry and–“

 

“Attention. Attention. This announcement applies to all soldiers. Prisoner 473, Kim Jongin, has escaped from his cell. All forces must return immediately and await orders. I repeat, Prisoner 473 has escaped–“

 

Kyungsoo eyes widened in shock, while Yixing still had his mouth half open. Baekhyun’s face darkened.

 

Kai escaped?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Hell yeah finally an update! Lol at all the people who were saying that Yixing was an evil unicorn XD He still cannot be trusted completely though.....

P.S. HOLY MOLY SHINEE'S COMEBACK WAS AWESOME :D Dream gurlll~ My favorite song on the album is Spoiler :D