chapter 5

on the Block

 

You wander a bit feeling emotional but trying real hard to not show it. You pass by a toy store you used to go to when you were younger.

 

[flashback>>7 years old]

_____! I'm getting that bike for your birthday so we can both ride around town together.”

Are you stupid? I'll probably break it,” you say with your arms crossed.

Stop that! Didn't your aunt just say that was baby fat?”

Well my aunt was never as FAT as I was!”

[end of flashback]

 

You snap out of your little flashback once you saw a familiar face through the outside window. The tall guy at the counter turned around and saw you.

 

*Oh . He spotted me.*

 

He walked out of the store with a little gift bag and passes by you.

 

You JERK! First you leave me and now you just ignore me after all this in' time!?” You emotionally blurted out.

 

The guy stopped and looked at you and saw some tears filling your eyes.

 

I'm sorry. Did I do something wrong?” He asks.

 

You bit your bottom lip. *Effing jerk!*

 

Kyubok!” You see a girl link arms with the guy and realize that it was the wrong guy.

What's this?” The girl points at the bag.

Aish,” he scratches the back of his head. “I was going to surprise you.”

Then the couple walked away, ignoring you.

 

*Psh! You're a jerk anyways* You glare at him.

 

You look towards the ground with a pout on your face, feeling a bit embarrassed and continue to wander.

***********************************************************************************

Back at your new home, your mother sits in the living room with a tissue box on her lap. Your sister sits beside her trying to comfort her.

 

Omma. Stop crying.”

Sunhi! How can I? She's my baby!”

Henry was also in the room. “Sunhi, don't you know how your mother feels? Why don't you feel the same as your mother? _____ is your sister.”

I do care for _____. It's just I don't want to think about the b-ba—” She broke out in tears. “Henry! Please don't tell me she's been kidnapped!” Sunhi cried.

The police told me that there is nothing they can really do because she hasn't been gone for at least 48 hours to file a missing person report.”

Screw the police! They don't know anything! Why do they always assume that the person ran away? They don't know the person like the family does. This is why people that are kidnapped die!” Sunhi rambles.

Well, I don't think you really know _____ as well as you think you do,” Henry stated.

Sunhi became silent.

 

Will you two stop it! We need to find ____! Now we all just need to think about where she would go.” Your mother says.

Omma, Henry's right.... We really don't know _____......” Your sisters softly says.

***********************************************************************************

Junsu went to go meet up with his step brother and hears some surprising news.

The old man suggested you to marry Yeonhee?” Junsu said feeling a bit shocked.

He said that this marriage would make the companies merge into a more profitable company.”

Bull! These marriages with companies never work out. You should now that.”

Hyung, he only suggested it.”

You should know better! That old man IS gonna make you marry Yeonhee or I get a beating!”

Hyung, don't be ridiculous.”

You know it's true! He loves you more, and you're not even his real son! He totally hates me after I got involved in that street dancing group. I can't even look at him in the eye without feeling like I'm going to be punched in the face.” Junsu puts his hand to his left cheek. “Aish. I can feel the pain just thinking about it.”

Well this marriage isn't really any of your concern.”

Junsu then gives a long sigh and hooks his arm around his brother's neck. “I saw _____ today.”

Mwoh?”

You heard me.” Junsu removes his arm and takes a few steps forward with his back facing his brother.

What does _____ have to do with anything?”

Junsu turns around. “Are you serious?”

Just tell me where you are going with this.” He said getting impatient.

Just forget it.”

***********************************************************************************

You actually managed to wander around for a whole school day. You decide to go back to your empty home.

 

Just when you got home, Yunho pulled into his driveway. Yunho stepped out of the car and so did Jaejoong and Yoochun. A few seconds later, Junsu appears.

 

Junsu? Junsu!” Yoochun walks up to Junsu and gives him a hug.

When did you get here?” Yunho asked.

Last night,” Junsu smiled.

Did you bring back any presents?” Jaejoong asked while frisking Junsu.

Ay man,” Junsu lightly pushes Jaejoong away. “They're at my house. Hey, we're having a little welcome party and I'm here to invite you guys.”

A little? Junsu, when you say 'a little' you always mean huge!” Yoochun pointed out.

Junsu chuckles and looks over to your house across the street.

Why is _____'s house empty looking?” Junsu asks.

Maybe redecorating?” Yoochun shrugs.

 

Junsu walks towards your house.

Junsu, I don't think you should go there.” Yoochun says.

You know _____?” Yunho asks Junsu.

Junsu didn't answer and continued walking towards your house. “Childhood friends.” Yoochun told Yunho.

Really?” Yunho suddenly has a smirk on his face. “He should hook me up!”

Yoochun hits Yunho on the shoulder.

 

Junsu got to your front door and notices the door wasn't closed all the way. He invites himself in.

Hello? Anyone home?”

You hear Junsu's voice. *What the hell?*

He notices the house is completely empty. *Do they still live here?*

You walk down the stairs and see Junsu.

 

What the are you doing in my house??!!!” You shout.

Mwoh? Since when did you talk to your oppa like that?”

Both you and your brother died when you left!”

_____, did your family move?”

NO! My family died and I'm homeless!”

Seriously?” Junsu's eyes widened. “Since when? Wait, if you're homeless, then why are you still here?”

Now you care?” You roll your eyes. “Get the hell out of here.”

_____, you make no sense and why are you like this?”

I'm sick of everyone asking me that!”

 

Yoochun, Yunho and Jaejoong hears shouting coming out of your house.

Should we go see if she killed him?” Yoochun asks while flinching just thinking about it.

I'm not even sure.....” Yunho says.

 

Then they see someone coming out the front door.

 

AHH! She killed him!” Yoochun screamed. “Call the police!”

Seconds after, Jusnu comes out. “_____!”

 

You were walking in the direction you would go for school.

 

Junsu! You SURVIVED!” Yoochun shouts.

 

Junsu then gets a call. He answers it. “What?”

Hyung, appa wants to have a meeting with us in like an hour.”

About what?”

I don't know. He says it's important.”

Psh. Important? Everything's important when it comes to him. It's so important for the toilet paper to be gentle on his !”

Hyung!”

Araso! Araso! Bye.”