Chapter Seven

Our Dark Love Story

*Daesung*

Seunghyun and I had been living together for about two weeks now, and I had a small bed that was approximately 5 feet away from Seunghyun's. It was about 12:00am when I woke up from a dream about Yoon Mi. I missed her. Very quietly, I got out of bed and creeped out of the house. I wasn't near the house while I stood outside, and pulled out my cellphone. I stared at the screen, looking at our home number typed up. I took a deep breathe and pressed call.

She answered on the second ring.

"Daesung! Daesung, where are you? Are you alright? Oh Daesung!" She was crying as she spoke, and my heart ached for her. But it was different than before. It wasn't that deep longing I once had for her. I just felt bad. As I spoke, and she cried hysterically, I didn't notice one of the men from Seunghyun's old business make his way towards our house. 

"I'll be fine. I'll call you another time, ok?" I didn't give her a chance to answer. I just hung up. I stayed where I was, stressed a lot by her and the fact that there were me searching for me and Seunghyun, just to get money. I slowly made my way back to the house, and then I heard gunshots inside the building that was now my home. And Seunghyun was in there. 

*Seunghyun*

I woke up as soon as I heard the footsteps. Daesung was going out, and I wanted to get mad at him. But I was tired and weak, so I stayed where I was. I counted to 600 and then I heard footsteps again. I thought Daesung had returned, but then I heard the sound of someone loading a gun. I cursed in my head, and slowly and quietly got out of my bed. I stuck to the shadows, willing myself to be quiet and not be seen. I made it to the front door, and the man was already standing by my bed. The gun shots went off, and after he finished shooting, he realized I wasn't there. I held my breathe and waited for the man to walk by me.

As soon as he was close enough, I jumped on him. I was easily overpowered, and thrown to the ground. I was kicked and beat. The man crouched over me, and grabbed the front of my shirt. "Are you scared, ?" He growled, and then dropped me, making me fall on my bad shoulder. 

I thought I was going to die. And then Daesung was there. "Get off of him!" He had yelled and then tackled the man to the ground. 

I was blinded by the pain that radiated through my whole body, but mainly on my shoulder. I could feel it bleeding through the bandages. I blinked quickly, trying to clear my foggy mind. What brought my focus back was hearing Daesung scream. He was on the ground next back, glaring up at the man who was sent to kill us.

I noticed that he kept the mans attention away from me, taunting him. I took that chance to reach for the gun that the man had dropped. I tried to ignore the sharp pain that movement caused. When I shot it, I missed. But it startled him enough to make him jump off of Daesung in fear. 

I dropped the gun and sat up, surprising a moan of pain. I saw Daesung straddling the man, his hands wrapped around his neck. The man was screaming and clawing at Daesung's fingers, tearing some of the skin off. I crawled over to where they were, but the man was slowly weakening. Slowly dying. 

Before I passed out, and after the man was dead, I could distinctly hear Daesungs soft crying, looking down at the man he had just killed with a horror stricken face.

I wanted to comfort him. But everything went black.

*Daesung*

The night was terrible. I had to re-clean and re-bandage Seunghyun's wounds, and then spend the night not being able to sleep, because I killed someone. Yes, he was trying to kill Seunghyun, but I couldn't shake off the terrible feeling I had. The next day, I felt awful, and I couldn't help but feel like Seunghyun was angry at me.

I walked outside, listening to the sound of the guitar being played. "Seunghyun?" I called, looking around for where he might be. He was on top of another very small building that was about 20 feet away from the small house we lived in. Seeing him, all my feelings came out. Well, not the feelings feelings. Just how bad I felt.

"Seunghyun, I'm sorry. If it weren't for me, that man wouldn't of found us, and you wouldn't be hurt again. If I hadn't gone out that day, we wouldn't of been found..." He just kept on playing that damn guitar, ignoring me. "Please forgive me." I ended lamely, realizing he was just going to ignore me. I was about to walk away when I heard him say "Idiot."

I blinked, then smiled. I looked up at him for a little while, and he looked back at me for one second, before going back to the guitar. But in that one second, I realized two things.

One: He forgave me.

Two: I'm in love him.