Juxtaposed Eunji

Perfect Landing

(Hoya's POV)

"Dead or alive?: Park Eunji"

"Mysterious disappearance of air stewardess"

"Rumors about a body: Might be air stewardess"

The headlines of each newspaper ran, day after day, there will always be a small column on this devastating news. Eunji's parents upon hearing the news fell apart, her mum broke down and had a mild case of depression and her father almost committing suicide. 

I felt so much pain, being queasy on the inside yet being unable to let it out. At the same time while having to face her parents, I felt a tinge of bitterness. There was something big missing, a part of me was missing.

***

I walked past Mrs Park's hospital room, it was a flush of clean cream white. She laid still on her bed, with her eyes staring intensely to the ceiling. 

"Hoya, seems like there was a news report, police think they might have found Eunji's body," her face turned over to face me, "could you help me check the news?"

I bit my lips, I had read the news earlier on but I refused to believe it. It just couldn't be. It can't be!

"Yes Mrs Park," with some reluctance, I picked up the laptop and placed it on Mrs Park's lap, "here it is."

***

(A few days later)

"My condolences," a lady in black walked up the stairs and passed me a bouquet of flowers, then she continued climbing up to the temple. She was one of Eunji's relatives. 

Today is her funeral. Eunji's funeral.

The police had found a charred body, that was burnt beyond recognition, and they believed it was Eunji's. They speculated that she was thrown out of the plane just after landing it and the pilot's compartment exploded into flames right after that. Hence her body being so badly burnt. And the case was thus closed, her body was cremated and the ceramic storage pot was brought to the temple for the funeral.

I clenched my fists tight. How? How could heaven take away the most wonderful girl alive? A tear slid down my cheek, one by one they flowed. Soon, I was crying buckets. I held up my sleeve to mute my cries, in the process, my tears moistened the fabric.

I cursed the heaven in my heart, I hate them. They took away the one woman I loved. They are selfish folks.

Fighting back my overflowing tears, I climbed up slowly to the temple when I heard foot steps behind me, I jerked my head round. Eunji?

"Hoya-"

***

"Hoya," It was Woo Hyun, I gapped. And the rest of Infinite was here.

"Hyung I'm really sorry." Sungjong made his way to me, placing his hand on my shoulder. His eyes gazing gently into mine, he gave another pat on my back and continued climbing the stairs. The rest of Infinite did the same except for Woo Hyun and Myungsoo, they dragged their feets and as they reached me, an awkward silence permeated the air.

Myungsoo broke the silence, "I'm really gonna miss her-", he stopped, bursting into tears.

"Stop crying stupid Myungsoo, you're making me cry too. Now I'm gonna miss her bickering with me." Woo Hyun retorted but stopped short as he started sniffing.

Eunji, I bet you're having fun in heaven while the rest of us are in deep sorrows. How could you?

***

(Narration)

A year later.

"Welcome back, Ms Eunji," the chauffeur said, pausing his actions to open the car door, "I hope you had safe trip from Japan."

"And yes I did, thank you."

"Hey, that looks like the air stewardess from the news last year? Doesn't it?" One of the passer-by whispered to her friend. Her friend replied, "She sure does."

The lady bit her lips, "Why does everyone say that. I have to repeat it so many times, I'm Jung Eunji, daughter of Jung Joo Kim of Jung Investments and Banking. Not some air stewardess." She scoffed at the remarks she heard.

"Miss, do mind your image." Her chauffeur silently reminded her. 

"Oops, I'm sorry Uncle Han, I kind of got carried away." She cheekily placed her index finger over her lips and made a childish sound.

"Let's get going Miss, I know you can't wait to reach the mansion you dad owns here."

"Speaking of which, let's hurry," squealing, the lady stepped into the black Porsche as her chauffeur gently closed the door behind her.

***

A/N:

Here's chapter 7 for you guys ^_^ this will be the last chapter for now cos I'll be leaving for camp, coming back on the 12th only :(

I hope you like it, the next chapter will be from Woo Hyun's POV. Oh and if you're wondering about the body, it'll be explained subsequently in the following chapters. And more romance is gonna pour out after another 3 or 4 chapters. Please bear with me for now, the front chapters are boring. They always say 'The best is yet to be. Save the best to the last.' So thats what I'm doing. :)

And the last paragraph is a cliff hanger because a Eunji look a like comes along. 

And on a last note, if there are typo/grammar errors please forgive cos I'm eager to update my chapters and I rush my typing. I'll vet through them soon. For now please bear with them XD

So cheers and see you guys on the 12th!

tumblr_mceqdfIKqX1rvv4qro1_250.giftumblr_mbri1jMpqc1rvv4qro1_250.giftumblr_mbt1vuHRBG1rvv4qro1_250.giftumblr_mbu0ijFPbM1rvv4qro1_250.gifys3.giftumblr_mbl3oqrINL1rqbn01o1_250.gif