Memories and despair: Hoya

Perfect Landing

Hoya paced around the room, he grabbed the waterung can and some fertiliser. I'll make sure the sunflower is healthy, for Eunji.

We have urgent news coming in right now, a plane identified as the Boeing 747 has been hijacked and an untrained air stewerdess is flying the plane. Only two caasualties so far. More news will come later.

The watering can slipped out of Hoya's hands and fell on the marble floor. He stared wide eyed into the television, momentarily in a trance. 

How could you?!  Why is the heavens so unfair!!

Hoya gave a shrilly yell, he cupped his hands over his ears. "WHY PARK EUNJI?"

Why. Why. Why. Why did it have to be her? Why couldn't I have gone in her place?! Why did I let her go? 

***

New reports have come in, the hijacked plane has crashed onto one of the remote Japanese islands. Authorities have been sent to locate the plan wreck and to find survivors. More details to come soon.

Hoya sat on the sofa, his hands knitted together. He rested his head on his hands and balanced his elbows on his thighs. A tear fell, he shuddered. 

Park Eunji... You darn heavens, please keep her safe for me. I don't mind exchanging me life for hers so long as she is alright. I love her.

"Eunji can you come to the garden later, I want to tell you something."

"Can't you tell me here Hoya-oppa?" Eunji smiled, that was too much to resist. Hoya's face flushed a bright shade of pink.

"Erm... I... like you. And I want you to be my bride."

"Huh? Okay!"

 

"One day we'll get married yah?"

"I, Park Eunji will marry you, Hoya!"

Hoya held Eunji's hands and gazed into her eyes for some fleeting seconds. They were hazelnut brown and it glimmered with radiance.

Snapping out of his memories, Hoya chuckled. If only that was true. That was like when we were 7, such immature thoughts. 

But don't you know, Park Eunji? I meant what I said back then when we were 7. I want to marry you. I want you to be my wife.

***

More news reports on the hijacking has come in-

"Please let her be alright," Hoya muttered under his breath.

We now have the confirmed list of survivors. Only the hijackers and one of the air stewardess, Ms Park Eunji have yet to be found. That's all for the reports for now. And the next big story-

"No."

This isn't true. Has heaven made a laughing stock out of me?

In the living room, silence was everywhere around the four corners of the house. The only sound made was by Hoya's muted cries.

***