I want to remember you. - Chen

Talking To The Moon

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“Chen, are you sure you can handle yourself here?” His sister asked for the nth time. “Can you just come with me? Yeah, just come with me.” She attempted to reached for Chen’s arm but Chen stepped away from her.

 

He smiled. “I’ll be fine. You’re just gonna be gone for 3 days, right? I’ll let Luhan accompany me, how does that sound?”

 

Her sister hesitated. “Doesn’t sound good enough to me.” She crossed her arms above her chest.

 

“C’mon, you want me to ruin your little outing with your boyfriend?” Chen teased and wiggled his eyebrows. Her sister just shot him a glare. “Suho hyung, my sister wants to bring me with you, is that fine with you?” he shouted. And out of nowhere, a milky-white skin toned man appeared wearing an irresistible pout.

 

“I don’t want!” he answered.

 

Chen smiled at his sister. “See? Now go. I can handle myself alone.” He pushed her sister towards Suho and he pushed the two of them out of the gate.

 

“You won’t be alone. Make sure to call Luhan!” his sister hissed.

 

“Annyeong!” Chen laughed and waved goodbye to his sister and Suho. Suho was driving his car to some place only he knows. Chen just sighed as  he looked at the retreating car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Can you come here?” Chen asked through the phone.

 

The person he is talking suddenly curves his lips into a smile. “Am I hearing your right? You want me to come over?”

 

Chen pursed his lips and he was already blushing. “It’s okay if you don’t want—“

 

“Who said I won’t?”

 

“Okay, so you will?”

 

“Of course. See you, Chen Chen.”

 

Chen shivered upon hearing the man’s muttering of his name. And he doesn’t have the slightest knowledge why he called him instead of calling his friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…I will hold you for as long as you like. I will love you for the rest of my life.”  Chen read the words on the stationery paper out loud. It was a letter coming from Kris that he found on the old box. “Aigoo, this is absurd.” He laughed.

 

“And what is funny?” a voice spoke and breath tingled on his neck. He felt a chin rested on his shoulder and a chest glued to his back. Chen almost jumped from his skin, good thing, he didn’t.

 

“How did you—“

 

“Spiderman.” The tall blonde guy cut him off.

 

“Can you please stop being Spiderman and scaring the hell out of me? A door is made for a purpose.”

 

“Your parents aren’t going to like that idea.”

“They don’t like you?”

 

Kris shrugged and sighed. “I don’t care as long as you love me.”

 

Silence followed. Chen doesn’t know what to say. Kris doesn’t mind about the silence either. It wasn’t awkward. It was calming and relaxing. If Chen only knows how perfectly happy he is right now. Or was when he told him to come over. It’s as if Chen is back. And Kris is more than happy.

 

 

“Yah!” Chen tried to escape from Kris back hug when he felt Kris poked him on his ribs.

 

Kris laughed. “What? You’re still the same.”

 

“I warn you—Yah! Stop!” Chen giggled when Kris showered his ribs with endless pokes. “Yah, Kris hyung stop, Haha.”

 

Kris finally stopped. He looked at Chen and bit his lips. “Can you say that again?”

 

“Say what?” Chen shifted himself away from Kris.

 

“One second ago.”

 

“What?”

 

“No. Before that,” Kris stepped closer to Chen. Chen stepped backwards.

 

“Yah, don’t come near me, I’m warning you!” he laughed.

 

“If you don’t repeat what you just said, I’ll kiss you!” Kris threatened him and ran across the room to catch Chen. Chen ended up running and climbing to his bed. He grabbed a pillow and he used that for protection from Kris.

 

“I said what?!” Chen shouted as he tried to hit Kris with the pillow.

 

“Say my name.”

 

“Kris!” Chen immediately responded when Kris climbed to the bed. “Yah, I already said your name, now what?! Haha…” he tried hitting Kris with the pillow but Kris’ spider reflexes were fast. He grabbed Chen’s waist and let Chen and himself fall on the soft bed. He continued poking Chen between his rib bones and Chen continued to laugh his heart out. They rolled like a buffalo under the sheets and because Kris didn’t stop from poking Chen, they even fell on Chen’s floor. And Chen’s head accidentally hit the floor.

 

“Ouch! Ahh!” He screeched in pain. Chen buried his head between his palms and closed his eyes. Kris’ eyes widened suddenly let go of Chen.

 

“C-Chen, are you okay?” he asked worriedly. He didn’t even notice that his hands are already trembling. He tried to calm Chen and whatever pain he is feeling right now but Chen didn’t answer him and remained his eyes closed, softly groaning because of the pain in his head. “Where are your medicines? L-let me get them. Chen!” Kris was already shouting.

 

“Dr-drawer. Ahh!” Chen continued to cry. Kris immediately stood up and searched on the drawers frantically. He was being hysterical.

 

“Aisht, where in the hell are his medicines?!” Kris cursed under his breath and finally found pills and tablets. He mentally cursed himself. He forgot that Chen was sick. That he underwent through an operation. “Chen, what medicine? There are so many here—“

 

A soft small peck, he felt on his right cheek. He turned to his right and found Chen, happy, dandy, and smiling like an idiot who won a lottery.

 

“Gottcha!” Chen winked and laughed at him.

 

“What the—You weren’t—Was that fake?” he asked with his eyes wide opened.

 

Chen just smiled and laughed. “You look so worried earlier, haha, I thought you’re going to pass out because you really looked pale earlier and—“

 

Chen was stopped when Kris locked him in a big bear hug. It was as if Kris wanted to break Chen’s fragile body. “You scared me.”

 

“….”

 

“Don’t do it again. I thought I’d lose you for the second time and forever. I’m sorry for being stubborn and continuously poking you. I’m sorry, Chen—“

 

“It’s fine. I’m fine.” Chen assured him. Out of the blue, Chen’s arms just made its way to pat Kris back which pretty means he has just hugged him back.

 

“I’m just scared. I was just scared.” Kris buried his face on Chen’s shoulder and tightened the hug.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They got tired of reading Chen’s diary entries and decided to walk to the park to grab some fresh air. They were surprised when the sun was nowhere to be found. When they checked the time, it was already pass 7 in the evening. They ended up on the swing at the park with ice cream on each other’s hands.

 

“Your head… does it usually hurt?” Kris suddenly asked. Chen felt guilty for making fun of Kris just earlier.

 

He shook his head vigorously and—

 

“Don’t shake your head like that! Aisht,” Kris knelt in front of Chen and locked Chen’s head on his palms.

 

“No. My head doesn’t hurt. The operation was two years ago. The pain has stopped visiting me 1 year ago. You don’t have to worry, I’m fine.” He smiled.

 

Kris just locked his eyes on him. Chen covered Kris eyes with his hand.

 

“Wu Fan. Wu Fan, right?”

 

His mind cannot recall but it seems that his heart hasn’t forgotten those even one bit. He wanted to remember everything. He wants to remember Kris. He wants to remember how it feels to be loved by Kris. He wants to love Kris.

 

“Help me remember you. I want to remember you.”

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

A/N: Don't forget to srop some comments :) I love you all... <3