Moving Closer

Talking To The Moon

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

Chen stood from the couch for the nth time of the day just to get the door. Someone knocked again for the nth time. His face wasn’t surprised anymore when he found no one behind it but a blue sticky note was glued to the door. A toothless smile crept through his face as he reads the words loudly.

 

“I love you ♥.” He smiled at the heart sign. He looked around again to see if there are any signs of Kris around his house but unfortunately, there is no one. He sighed and went back to sit on the couch.

 

It was the 9th sticky note. The earlier sticky notes came with different colors. Some were green, yellow, plain white and of course, with messages on it. He was about to reread the previous notes when a knock was heard again through the wooden door. Chen pouted but still, he hopped from the couch to get to the door. He was surprised when someone was already standing behind it. He wasn’t really surprised to see Kris because he expected Kris will show up sooner or later. But Kris was kind of different today. He was, err, more handsome? His face was full of delight. It was obvious that he has put an extra gel on his soft blonde hair. He was wearing an obviously ironed shirt. He seemed so different.

 

“Hi,” Kris smile, showing his shining teeth.

 

Chen blinked, “Hi, you want to come in?” he stepped inside so that Kris could come in.

 

Kris shook his head vigorously, “No, we’re going out!” Kris exclaimed and pulled Chen’s arm. “We’re going out. I have something for you.”

 

“W-wait,” Chen tried pulling his hand but it’s no use. “Wait, I’m just wearing a t-shirt and you’re wearing something special. Can’t you wait for a bit? I’ll just change my clothes.”

 

Kris pouted but he did let go of Chen’s arm. Chen laughed at Kris’ facial expression. He poked on of Kris’ cheeks. “Don’t pout.” He shook his head. “It’s scary.” He laughed and that earned quick peck on Chen’s lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This,” Kris started. “This is where you broke up with me.”

 

Chen’s heart sank. He lifted his head up to look at Kris. His eyes saddened. But when he met with Kris’ gaze, Kris wasn’t sad at all. He was smiling.

 

“This is where you stood; your back faced me, as I cry on the floor. That night was the worst Chen. The pain was excruciating.”

 

Chen hugged him really tight. He buried his face on Kris’ chest. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. I’m really sorry for hurting you. Hyung, you didn’t deserve that. It was all my fault, I’m really sorry.”

 

Kris patted his back. “It’s okay, it’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. I know you  didn’t want that. I know you didn’t mean it.”

 

“Why are we here? Let’s get out of here. I don’t want  you to remember pain. Kris hyung I—“

 

“I have something for you to watch.” Kris squeezed his hand and softly dragged him to the bed. He let Chen sit at the foot of the bed as he opened his laptop and adjusted the projector. Everything was dark. The only light there was, was coming from the projector itself. Seconds past and a video was already being played.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Chen Chen imnida!”

 

Chen blinked. He’s on the video. He still looks the same, except for the hair trim, and the radiant smile. He got this weird feeling in his heart to see himself there. He looked at Kris who was standing there. Kris gave him a warm smile.

 

“Yah! Wu Fan, get here in the camera!”

 

Chen’s eyes shifted on video being played. The video was shaky. Chen was the one who was holding onto the video camera while taking a video of himself. Then the white wall showed how Kris was pondering on the green grass while making sure Chen wouldn’t get a shot of him.

 

“He is Wu Fan.” Chen on the video spoke.

 

Chen could feel the shivers that traveled down to his spine just upon hearing his own voice. Was he really that happy a few years back?

 

“He’s such a baby dog and a camera shy and the biggest narcissist that he wouldn’t want to show his good looks to everyone. In short, my boyfriend is a selfish brat.”

 

“I’m not a dog and I’m not a narcissist, either. I can just deal with the fact that I’m utterly handsome. You should be proud of me. Your boyfriend is to die for!”

 

The video cam shifted to Chen’s face. “He doesn’t know the meaning of narcissist.” Chen whispered to the camera.

 

Chen laughed at his comment. His heart fluttered. At the moment, he wishes to go to the loop where he and Kris are like that on that video. Kris sat beside him and intertwined their fingers.

 

“You were conceited back then.” He commented.

 

“But it’s true! I’m really handsome. That’s why you fell for me!”

 

“Oh, please.”

 

Both of them laughed and shifted their gazes again to the video.

 

“C’mon hyung, introduce yourself to the camera.” Chen whined and zoomed in into Kris’ face. Kris rolled his eyes and sighed. He didn’t mind Chen and continued pondering on the grass.

 

“Aigoo, my Kris hyung is shy. Yah, Kris ge~ Palli!”

 

“Hi, my name is Krhease.” Kris spoke in English and stared sternly at the lenses of the camera.

 

Kris elbowed him, “Your boyfriend was multilingual.”

 

“Aisht, what was that?” Chen’s voice came whining on the background. “That’s not fair! I didn’t understand any of it.

 

Kris smiled and pinched Chen’s nose which caused the video to be shakier. “Could you be stupider?” Kris spoke in English again and smirked.

 

“B-bwoh? Spi-spider?! And now you’re calling me spider? How dare you Wu Fan!”

 

The video becamse shakier when Kris pulled Chen’s arm. Chen landed on Kris’ chest, his back glued to Kris’ chest. Kris snatched the video cam from Chen and stretched out his arms so he could shot the both of them.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Kris imnida,” he smiled at the camera. “And this is my Chen Chen.” He stole a quick kiss on Chen’s cheek and rested his chin on his shoulders afterwards. “And he’s mine so am I is his.”

He held the video cam in one hand and pulled his other hand to form a half heart. Chen took the initiative to complete the heart with his own hand.

 

“And we will live happily ever after, after I manage to hide all the video cameras from him.”

 

Chen laughed and kissed Kris’ cheek. “I hate you Wu Fan.” Chen hissed.

 

“I love you more Chen.” Kris laughed.

 

Chen felt his heart ached at the sound of Kris’ laugh. It seems natural. It seems perfect. He seemed really happy. He turned his head to the right and met Kris’ side profile. He looked at him intently. If he doesn’t know Kris, he wouldn’t think that a man like him with that face would actually smile like that.

 

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Kris suddenly kissed him but then immediately pulled away and shut his eyes on the white wall with the video going on.

 

“If you continue staring at me like that, I will steal another kiss from you.”

 

A childish sly smile crept across Chen’s face, “Then I’ll just be staring for a while.”

 

“Kris looked at him and laughed, “Are you testing me, Kim Jongdae?”

 

“Are you, Wu Fan?”

 

Kris smiled upon hearing his real name from Chen. He held Chen’s chin and shifted his head to the video. “Let’s watch, there’s more there’s come.”

 

 

“Yah, wait for me!” Chen called. Chen was holding the video cam while walking behind Kris’ back. Kris turned around and the camera lenses welcomed his grumpy face.

 

“Now what?” he lazily asked.

 

“My shoe laces are messed up; can you do it for me, Kris hyung?”

 

Kris looked at him with a playful glare and rolled his eyes eventually. “No. Fix them up yourself, you spoiled brat. Kris snapped and turned around to continue to walk.

 

The video was as if there was an earthquake when Chen ran to catch up with Kris.

 

“Yah~ Kris hyung~”

 

Kris shook his head.

 

“Wo zhe shenme?! Aisht!” Chen ranted.

 

Kris suddenly burst out in laughing. He laughed at Chen’s little accomplishment to mutter a Chinese phrase he has been learning since forever. And he never knew it was adorable to hear a Chinese phrase and a Korean expression at the same time until he heard Chen’s rant.

 

“And now you’re laughing at my broken Chinese.” Chen pouted.

 

Kris used his forefinger to play with Chen’s lips. “Stop pouting. It’s scary.” He smirked.

 

“B-bwoh?!”

 

“And now your broken Chinese adds up to the list of reasons why I love you, you spoiled brat.” Kris knelt down to his knee to fix Chen’s shoe laces.

 

“You have a list?”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

“Let me see.”

 

“No.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you’ll be crept out with what was written there, haha.”

 

“You really had a list?” Chen asked.

 

“I won’t give it to you.” Kris snapped in advance.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why not?”

 

Kris laughed, “Aigoo,” he reached for Chen’s chin again and shifted his gaze to the video again. “I can’t compile all the videos that you have taken with yourself and with me because man, that would be an all day long movie marathon. You were such a camera Chen, like seriously. But I have saved the best for last. Let’s watch it.”

 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Chen imnida.”

 

“Neh, Hi, I’m—“

 

“Shut up and introduce yourself using a human language.” Chen cut him off before Kris could even spit another word of English.

 

Kris softly laughed. “And I am Kris.”

 

“And we are KrisChen!” Chen smiled at the camera as he initiated a half heart and it was Kris to complete it and so he did.

 

“So, yeah, today is November 30! And guess what’s the occasion Kris hyung.”

 

Kris raised an eyebrow and pretended to think, “All I know is this is my birth month.”

 

“That’s all?”

 

“I think that’s all.” Satisfied smile crept across his face.

 

Chen pouted. “Let’s stop this, you’re not cooperating with me—“

 

Kris pecked on Chen’s cheek and stayed his lips there. “Happy 19th monthsary!”  he mumbled under Chen’s skin. Chen smiled.

 

“Now give me a kiss to my lips.” Kris mumbled the seductive words under Chen’s skin again. Chen immediately pulled his head.

 

“Stop that! You’re ruining the video.” Chen whined as he laughed. Since they were filming on Kris’ bed in the same apartment, and Chen’s body was leaning against Kris’ as well, while Kris’ protective arms wrapped around Chen’s shoulder, Chen couldn’t escape that easily.

 

The video became shaky again when Kris attempted to get his Kiss. The video cam was obviously tossed on the bed. It was already steady.

 

“Yah! Stop,” Chen laughs at the background. “Stop ruining my video,”

 

The video cam was grabbed by Kris. Kris was on the video now. “Hi, I’m Kris. And the video is finished—“

 

“Yah, what are you doing?!” the voice of Chen, whining, came through background.

 

“I’m finishing the video because I want a kiss from you.” Kris smiled at the camera again, “Is this still recording?” he leaned closer to the lenses. “Anyways, I’ll love Chen forever and ever. Next time will be our 20th monthsary. Annyeong!”

 

 

“You were such a minnie back then,” Chen commented and laughed.

 

“You were such a camera back then.” Kris shot him back and laughed along with him.

 

Kris stood up and then he knelt in front of Chen.

 

“Now, what?” Chen smiled and covered his smile.

 

Kris locked Chen’s face between his palms as he leaned closer. Inch by inch, he’s moving closer. Kris looked straight to Chen’s eyes. Chen stared back. He blinked at his reflection on Kris’ eyes. He felt an amusing feeling surrounding his heart. He blinked once again. And a video was played in his mind, just like how it played on the white wall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I want to have a relationship with you.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“I am in love with you.”

 

“Chen, are you trolling with me?”

 

“Do you want me to troll?”

 

“Shut up.” Kris hissed. Because if Chen is not trolling around, then Kris is the happiest man alive. He’s in love with Chen. But Chen doesn’t reciprocate his feelings… or did he even ask him?  Or even confessed? Kris tilted his head as he remembered that he was such a coward for not confessing to Chen.

 

“Am I getting rejected here?” Chen pouted.

 

“….”

 

“So this is really a rejection.” Chen concluded and hopped off from the flat form he was sitting. He started walking away but utterly stopped when his arm was grabbed by Kris’.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I’m going home. You painfully rejected me so I’m going home and sulk in my room, why?” Chen answered monotonously.

 

“…”

 

Chen pulled his arm away. And Kris has to hold them again. He locked Chen’s face between his palms and leaned closer to Chen’s face. “If our lips meet, then we’re in a relationship.”

 

“Then hurry up and just kiss me.”

 

Kris immediately pulled away. “You’re really trolling with me Kim Jongdae.” He stepped backwards. “I won’t let myself fall into this prank. I’m telling you, it’s not good to play with someone’s feelings.”

 

“Bingo!” Chen suddenly exclaimed.

 

“What?”

 

“You have feelings for me, Kris hyung.” Chen sang happily.

 

Kris just mentally face-palmed and cursed himself. He rolled his eyes at Chen. Chen is ing playing with his feelings. And before he knew it, Chen was already in front of him, grabbed his red shining scarf, and tiptoed to reach his lips. It was a soft lips contact because Chen had to pull away.

 

“Now that they’ve met, then we’re officially together.” Chen smiled and pinched Kris’ cheeks.

 

“What the hell?!” Kris was dumbfounded. He never expected this. He never expected this. He never… who cares? When they’re already officially together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chen blinked at Kris. He could clearly see his reflection on Kris’ eyes. When he blinked again, he felt some tears in his eyes. He reached for Kris’ eyes and covered them with his palm. Chen’s tears fell and Kris didn’t see that. He just let Chen to cover his eyes.

 

“Hyung,” Chen mumbled. “Kris hyung.” He muttered again and broke his voice.

 

Kris felt something wrong so he removed Chen’s hand on his eyes. He got worried when he saw Chen crying.

 

“Why? What’s wrong? Does your head hurt?”

 

Chen shook his head vigorously as his tears flowed endlessly.

 

“W-what? What’s wrong? You want to go home?”

 

Chen shook his head. “Hyung,” he continued to cry. “Hyung, it’s me. I’m back.” He cried.

 

Kris’ eyebrows met. “Huh?”

 

Chen touched Kris’ face, every corner of Kris’ perfection. His fingers traced Kris’ eyebrows, eyelashes, cheeks, nose, lips…

 

“Chen, what’s wrong? What do you mean?” he asked again softly.

 

“I’m back.” He continued to cry, still out of words to say. Kris still doesn’t understand a thing. “I love you, Kris hyung.” He muttered between his cries before closing the gap between their faces and glued his lips against his.

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

A/N: I'm sorry for the VERY LONG chapter. It was really hard writing this chapter. I started writing this earlier this 4pm and now I was done and it's already 1am... TT.TT So if you saw any errors there, OTL i'm sorry... it was very long, it was like 3x of the normal update...and it was very difficult... OTL
Anyway, don't forget to leave some comments <3333 I love you all.. Happy new year!!!