Happy Ever After? No?

Talking To The Moon

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

“Kris hyung,” Chen smiled and a tear fell. Kris’ long fingers immediately brushed it off. He looked at Chen, still bewildered.

 

“What? Can you tell me what’s happening?”

 

Chen smiled and eventually, he softly laughed. He pulled the older’s nape and met his lips for a quick one second kiss. He let go of his grip and softly shoved Kris away for him to stand up. Kris just followed Chen with his gaze as the fragile man went to the corner of the room. He stopped in front of a wooden table with a wooden drawer. He softly pulled the drawer and reached something inside it. When he turned to face Kris, he was already holding the video camera.

 

Kris was a little astounded. How would Chen know it will always be there, it has always been there, not unless…

 

“Ehem,” Chen faked a cough. He strectched his arms as he smiled at the lenses. “I am Kim Jongdae.” He started and he really can’t help his tears but to fall.

 

“I am Chen Chen. Wu Fan ge calls me Chen Chen.” Chen’s voice cracked as another tear escaped from his eyes. Kris blinked for a moment. He eventually stood up from the bed. He looked at Chen with curious eyes. Everything is vague. Chen makes everything vague. Nothing makes sense.

 

Chen shifted the position of the camera and directed it towards the bewildered Chinese man. “He is Kris,” he smiled at Kris through the lenses. “And we are…” he paused and gazes the taller man, who is bewitched, bothered, and bewildered. Chen smiled, gazes still locked. That kind of smile that could literally light up Kris’ world even on his darkest hours. Kris’ heart skipped a beat. He hasn’t seen that smile for a while. Chen mouthed something at him. And Kris caught that one.

 

I love you.

 

One glance was all it took. And Kris got it.

 

Two voices muttered a certain word. Two voices, high and low, muffled through the thin vast air.

 

“KrisChen.” The younger whispered.

 

“KrisChen.” The older muttered audible enough.

 

Kris tears streamed down his cheeks as he closed the distance between them. He locked the others’ face between his big rough hands and he didn’t hesitate to even close the distance between their faces. The longing for each others’ presence was finally answered with a kiss.

 

Chen unconsciously dropped the video camera to the floor, causing it to make a loud noise and break into pieces. Both of them were startled with the sudden sound and pulled away. When their gazes met, both of them chuckled. When Chen pulled his gaze away, it landed on the broken camera on the floor.

 

He knelt to pick up the little pieces. “It’s broken.” He sniffed.

 

“It’s okay.” Kris muttered and stopped him from cleaning the small mess.

 

“But our videos are there. We have so much—“

 

Kris stopped him leaning forward and planting a small peck on his lips. “We don’t need the past videos anymore. We don’t need to recall everything what happened in the past.”

 

“Kris hyung,”

 

Kris responded him with a smile. He pushed Chen until Chen’s back was arched against the cold wall.

 

“We will have all the time. We will be happy without the memories of yesterday. We will only be looking forward to what life can give us for the endless tomorrows.”

 

Kris smiled once again, “I love you, Chen Chen.”  

 

Chen tried to hide the smile that’s slowly creeping through his face. He bowed his head because he’s sure that his cheeks are already tainted with creepy red crimson. He felt soft delicate fingers on his chin. Kris cupped the younger’s chin and made him look right through him.

 

“I will spend every single day of my life with you.” Kris pressed his lips against the other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris clutched unto the wheel as he concentrated on driving. Chen, who was sitting beside him, was taking advances at him by snatching glances at him.

 

Kris, suddenly chuckled. “What are you looking at?”

 

“I missed you.” Chen answered with all honesty and continued staring at him.

 

They are on the road. Or probably inside a whale’s belly since it’s very dark. They are driving along the highway, trying to find a nearby beach where they can see a beautiful sun rise. It’s pass 2 in the morning and they are travelling inside the dark belly of a whale.

 

When they arrived to the place, Chen was so excited to see the water. He ran towards it and even soaked his with his shoes. Kris just trailed behind with his hands on his pockets.

 

“Yah, you cheater!” Chen accused him as he tried to get rid of water inside his shoes. Kris just laughed at him. “No cheating and soak your shoes here as well!”

 

“How much to do you remember?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“Do you remember everything?”

 

“I do. Everything I’ve been through. Everything we’ve been through. Everything was almost everything about you.”

 

Kris chuckled in amusement. “Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

“So when’s my birthday?”

 

“November 6.”

 

“When did we meet?”

 

“Junior high school. You’re the loner kid and I was the one who approached you.”

 

“What did I say to you?”

 

“You look like an idiot who smiles like everything’s fine.” Chen mocked him casually. “I was even the one who taught you how to smile. You were a loner bi-polar kid back then who have so much drama in his life, Kris hyung.”

 

“Bwoh?!” Kris laughed. He immediately walked towards Chen and intertwined their fingers. Chen was a bit startled but eventually adjusted to the sudden warmth he felt with Kris’ touch.

 

“Why? Can’t I hold hands with you?” Kris asked confidently and held on his hand a little tighter.

 

“No. I was just wondering why you hands are so big. Look, it’s even bigger than your face!” Chen lifted up their hands and showed Kris his point. Kris just pouted and ignored the teasing he got from the younger.

 

Deep inside him, Kris is really happy. He’s so happy that he can already die. He never saw this coming. Waiting for Chen was the most painful decision he made but the result was the best gift he has ever received.

 

They brought a blanket with them and spread it in the sand. Kris and Chen lay on the cloth. Chen’s pillow was Kris’ arm. They patiently waited for the sun to rise and one of them unconsciously dozed off to dreamland.

 

Kris is facing the other side and his back faces Chen. Chen was looking at blue sky. His gaze was shifted to the fair back view of Kris. His hand reached for Kris’ back and he smiled at himself because he could touch Kris. That pretty means that this is all real and nothing of this is a dream. He shifted his position and wrapped his slender arms on Kris’ body. He glued his chest on the older’s back. He smelled his hair and was intoxicated by it.

 

“I’m sorry for everything. I’m happy that everything is okay.” Chen whispered at the crook of the older’s neck. “I love you.” He whispered again and closed his eyes. He tightened the hug on the tall man’s waist.

 

Kris woke up because of the cold breeze and found himself locked in Chen’s arms. He shifted slowly his position and faced Chen. He carefully wrapped his protective arms around Chen. His peripheral vision caught a glimpse of a shooting star but he didn’t bother to wish for someone. He just tightened the hold on the fragile man. He doesn’t need to wish when all he was asking for is sleeping on his arms. He doesn’t need to wish when he could clearly hear Chen’s heart beat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They weren’t able to watch the sunrise the way they planned. They went back home to Chen’s home. Hand in hand, they breathed and exhaled air before having the right courage to knock at the door. Chen’s sister must be worried to find the house empty without Chen.

 

The door swung open, revealing Chen’s worried sister. “Where were you? Are you okay? I called Luhan, but he said you didn’t call him for a company. Have you eaten? Should—“

 

“Noona,” Chen whispered and smiled at his sister. “I was with Kris hyung.”

 

Chen’s sister’s brows furrowed. “Huh?”

 

Chen opened the door widely for his sister to see Kris. Kris forced a smile as he met with her eyes. “Good Morning.”

 

“I remember everything, noona. Everything there is to remember, I remember.”