Chapter 2

Chaos ; the aftermath after the Big Bang

Park ‘Jay’ Jaebum' POV

“I heard from Chansung that you got a boyfriend? Why didn’t you tell me?”

Saebyul rolled her eyes and ignored me. I had to pick up my pace to keep up with her. Damn girl, why are you walking so fast?

“Hey, hey, are you listening to me?”

“It was for a show, bro,” she replied back in English. I rolled my eyes this time, still jogging to keep up with her.

“I know it was for a show, but you could’ve told me at least. I had to hear it from Chansung!”

“You make it sound as if it was the end of the world.”

“It is the end of the world! Kinda…”

We entered the fast food restaurant and we dropped the conversation while ordering food. We later found ourselves sitting in the corner of the restaurant, hidden from any curious papparazis or fans, enjoying our meal in peace. It had been a long time since I last saw Saebyul – how long was it again? Two years? Three years? We lost contact after my withdrawal from 2PM but after her debut we, surprisingly, found time to see each other again. Well, I had to force her to meet up with me or else I would reveal a very embarrassing picture of her to the public. Yes, I am very good at blackmailing people, trust the Leadja when it comes to this kind of stuff.

“I’m thinking about getting a new tattoo.”

“Why doesn’t it surprise me?” I took a sip of my drink and looked at her.

“I want a tattoo saying ‘Chaos’ somewhere…” she said, mostly to herself. I nodded and took a French fries from her tray. If I had forgotten how it felt when she gave me those deadly glares, then I was definitely reminded today. I slowly withdrew my hand back and avoided eye contact with her at all cost. I shrugged.

“If you want a tattoo then why don’t you just go get one?”

“I will. Care to join?”

“Sure.”

We went to a tattoo shop after we finished our meal. It didn’t take long before she had a brand new black tattoo that spelled Chaos on the front of her right shoulder. I wonder what her company would say when they noticed the new tattoo, but I guess they don’t mind as they haven’t said or done anything about her other tattoos.

“Oh!”

I quickly grabbed her and dragged her in to a manga shop and excitedly went to find some manga to read. When I found what I wanted, I went over to the cashier and found Saebyul paying for her stuff.

“What did you buy?”

“Some stuff for the members.”

I had to fight to not laugh out loud, “Why?”

She shrugged, “I just felt like it.”

I chuckled and she glared at me, blocking my way.

“Move, Byul, I gotta pay.” I tried to act all serious but I failed when I let out a small laugh.

“No. Tell me why you’re laughing first.”

It was my turn to shrug nonchalantly.

“Well, I just never thought you would to that for your members. You really are a good leader, honey.”

She scoffed at the nickname and moved away from me.

“It’s just this once. They deserve it after working hard and winning first place, exactly one month after our first debut.”

“Hmm…” I said absentmindedly as I paid for my books. We, or I, thanked the cashier and linked arms with Saebyul as we walked out of the store together. We decided to either go see a movie or go to her dorm to play some video games. It wasn’t until halfway that I remembered something and quickly pulled her in for a hug.

“Congratulations on your Inkigayo win honey! Oh my God, I’m so proud of you!”
 


allkpop | Chaos wins on Inkigayo


Exactly a month after their debut, Chaos took home their first Mutizen trophy for their debut track “Above the Sky” on SBS’s Inkigayo. The girls burst out into tears as their expressed their gratitude towards their fans and family.

Leader Nova said, “We debuted just a month ago and it’s an honour to win the Inkigayo Mutizen. We would like to thank YG Sajangnim, Big Bang oppas, stylist unnis, Teddy oppa, e.knock oppa, our friends and family. Most importantly, our fans, because without you, none of this would be possible, so thank you!” They ended their speech with the ever so famous YG Family shout “YG family family family!

Congratulations to the girls!


Kim Min Young’s POV

“This is really nice!”

“It is! I haven’t seen you for so long, sis!” Christina said in a foreign language I assumed was Norwegian. Christina and Maylee were sitting at the café my mother was running, talking and taking their sweet time to catch up to one another. Ever since Maylee and the other girls had debuted they got less and less time to come visit this café for their daily dose of hot chocolate or sweet treats.

“Hey, Minnie, why don’t you join us?”

Christina waved me over to their table, and because there weren’t a lot of customers around, I agreed and went over to their table. I met Maylee when she and Seo Mi paid a visit back when they still were trainees. We hit it off and they later introduced the other members to this café which resulted in either one of them or all of them visiting me almost every day.

“Maylee?”

We all turned our heads around and our eyes landed on a tall, black-haired boy standing by the entrance. Her face lit up when she recognized him and walked (more like ran) up to him and gave him a hug. Christina and I sent each other knowing looks as we watched the couple smile at each other.

“He looks familiar,” Christina whispered in my ear and I nodded in agreement. When she dragged him over to our table and presented him as Hwang Jae Sun or Jason as she kept calling him, I knew where I had seen him before. He acted as her one-week boyfriend on MNet Scandal and after the show ended they obviously kept in touch. He told us he was on his way to meet some friends and when he saw Maylee sitting here he thought he would stop by to greet her. I remember when they had one of their dates in this café, he ordered her favorite cake and they fed each other – it was really cute. After some time he excused himself and bid us farewell before he left to meet up with his friends.

“May, I want to see where you live. Can you take me there?”

“Right now?”

“Why not?”

Maylee shrugged at the sudden request and agreed to it.

“Min Young, do you want to come?”

I shook my head and politely declined. As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t because I had to stay at the café and take care of it. They nodded in understanding and stood up, getting ready to leave.

“He’s a nice kid, isn’t he? You should totally date him,” Christina said, referring to Jae Sun and nudged me for back up. I nodded in agreement, telling Maylee that he was worth a shot but she just shook her head at us.

“We aren’t allowed to date until three years after our debut. Besides, I only see him as a friend.”

“Aw, that must ,” I said in sympathy.

“Not really,” she answered with a huge grin on her face and gave me a hug before she walked towards the door, waving goodbye.

“Bye, Min Young unni. Take care!”

I laughed when she almost fell down the stairs because she wasn’t paying attention to where she set her foot. Through the window I could see Christina scolding her for being so careless, but in her eyes, I could see that she was worried about her little sister. I didn’t want to admit it, but I was jealous of how much they seemed to care for each other. I wish I had someone who cared that much for me too.


allkpop | Chaos releases “Super Soul” single


After their Inkigayo win not long ago, Chaos released a single to thank their fans for their never ending support.

“Super Soul” is about how, despite all the hate, the antis and the hard times they’ve gone through, they will keep fighting for their dream until the very end. The girls participated in the making of the song as oldest member Aya wrote the lyrics while main vocalist Katy and leader Nova composed it.

The girls will return back to the stage with their follow up song “Girls on Top” as well as having a special stage for “Super Soul” where it was rumored that the two maknaes of the group, Seo Mi and Lia, participated in co-choreographing the dance.

Check out their latest release here and don’t forget to support the artist by buying their CDs!


Park ‘Thunder’ Sanghyun’s POV

“Cheondoong ah, hurry up!”

“I’m coming. Why do you have to walk so fast?”

“You’re the one who’s slow.”

“Touché.”

Sandara dragged me over to Chaos’ waiting room. I had expected people to stop what they were doing and look up at us when we entered the room because Sandara had literally slammed the door open and made a dramatic entre. Only two pair of eyes landed on us but they turned away quickly when they saw who it was. It must’ve been a disappointed to see the Park siblings enter the room.

“Noona, you’re embarrassing me!” I whispered to her but it didn’t seem like she cared at all when she greeted the staff and totally brushed me off.

“What do you mean ‘embarrassing’? They know who you are.”

She walked over to the members of Chaos and greeted them, chatting away happily as I stood by the door, totally awkward. Saebyul came to the rescue when she waved me over to the sofa. Before I sat down, I introduced myself and learned that, in addition to Sandara, Aya also was a noona.

“Noona, I heard from Seungho hyung, GO hyung and Joon hyung that they know you?”

She chuckled at the mentioned of my three hyungs and nodded.

“This is such a small world!” a cute girl with bangs, who sat on the opposite side of the couch, exclaimed, her eyes never leaving the drawing in front of her. I slightly jumped in surprise at her presence because I couldn’t remember seeing her sitting there when I first entered the room.

“Seo Mi, stop appearing like a freaking ninja from nowhere; you’re scaring Thunder over here.”

Flustered, I tried to cover my tomato-red face but to no avail, they had already seen it and were laughing at me. I glared at Saebyul and hit her arm but she just returned with a triumphant smirk.

“Ah, Cheondoong is so cute!” Aya said and I felt my face heat up even more. When is this gonna stop? I was in the middle of being humiliated by girls, girls for crying out loud, and my own sister and cousin was one of them. I cannot trust anybody! The chattering went on and everybody had seemed to forget what had happened earlier, and I am forever thankful for that, so I decided to try talking to the one who looked less intimidating. I looked at the cute girl who was still concentrating on her drawing. She was so concentrated that she didn’t even flinch when the maknae was up for some trolling and threw a small, light blue bouncing ball on her feet several times.

“Uhm, what are you drawing?”

Both girls looked up at me and I suddenly felt very claustrophobic. Why were they so cute?

“Seo Mi unni is drawing…” Maylee tried to peek at the drawing but Seo Mi gently pushed her away, telling her that it wasn’t finished just yet. Fake pouting the maknae threw the bouncing ball at her and stormed away. Seconds later she came back to pick it up and then walked away again. Huh, weird. She somehow reminded me of Saebyul, just a lot kinder and cuter and maybe a bit saner. I caught Seo Mi looking at me and I gave her a small smile, which she returned with one of her cute and charming smile.

“Oh, Cheondoong ah, are you blushing?”

“Noona stop it!”

Sandara walked away, laughing and I heard Saebyul snicker in the background as well. Jeez, what a family. I looked over at Seo Mi to see her reaction, and I was expecting her to laugh at me too, but she just looked cutely at me.

“If you really want to know…” she showed me the drawing. There were many manga faces on the page with different hair styles and facial expressions. She told me that they were only drabbles but I didn’t believe her; it looked too good to be true.

“Chaos, get to the stage wings, now.”

Sandara and I bid the farewell as they stood up and headed for the stage wings. I didn’t know why, but I gave Seo Mi a hug before she left and told her to do her best. She nodded almost shyly and tucked her hair behind her ear before Katy dragged her out with the rest of the group.

“She likes you,” Sandara said when they were out of hearing range and nudged me while wiggling her eyebrows.

“No she does not!”

“She does! Didn’t you see her tuck her hair behind her ear? She only does that when she’s nervous and if she’s nervous around you that must mean that she likes you!”

I rolled my eyes at her.

“What if she was nervous to meet me because, well, I’m handsome?” I got a hit for that one.

“Stop being so arrogant. Come on, let’s go. I’ll drive you back to J Tune Camp.”

I followed her to the parking lot and I couldn’t help but think that maybe she had right. Maybe Seo Mi did like me. Only at the thought of Seo Mi possibly having a crush on me made me feel butterflies and I started grinning like an idiot.

“Cheondoong ah, stop smiling like that, you look creepy!”