Chapter 5

Chaos ; the aftermath after the Big Bang

Aya Izumi's POV

Today was just like all other days; wake up early, eat breakfast, head down to the studio and then to dance practice and vocal practice, lunch, more practice, maybe some variety show practice or acting classes, dinner, more practice and then home again. I, for once, got permission to skip the rest of the day to visit my grandmother at the hospital because I had gotten a call from them, telling me that my grandmother wanted to see me. I stayed in the hospital until visiting hours ended and bid farewell with my grandmother. Outside the hospital, I was waiting for Chin Hwa to come pick me up but he was running late so I called him again.

“Where are you?”

“Sorry, Aya, I’m stuck in the traffic and it might take a while. How long I don’t know. Why don’t you try calling Katy to come pick you up? She should be heading home by now.”

“Ok.”

I ended the call with Chin Hwa and called Katy instead. It turned out that she had decided to stay over at J Tune Camp longer to finish recording the song so by the time she would be finished and came to pick me up, Chin Hwa would also be able to come pick me up too. I sighed and called Saebyul but she didn’t pick up her phone. She was probably out with her friends or in the recording studio, composing songs.

Seeing no other options left, I started walking home. I had been walking quite the distance when I heard somebody honk their horn and I turned around to see a black car pull up beside me. I furrowed my eyebrows, getting ready to fight if I needed to when the window on the passenger seat was rolled down and a familiar face poked out of the window. Seeing his big toothy grin, calmed down my nerves and I smiled thankfully at him.

“Hey, need a ride?”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

“You’re lucky I was driving by, or else you would have to walk home. And at night too! What were you thinking?”

“I was thinking my manger would pick me up but then he called and told me that he would be late because he’s stuck in traffic.”

“Don’t you have a driver license?”

I nodded.

“Then why don’t you use it?”

“Because one I don’t own a car and two prefer to walk rather than to drive.”

“Yeah I can see that.”

We laughed at his comment and suddenly I blurted out a random fact about myself.

“That and I got a speeding ticket for driving 60 in a 50 zone.”

Taecyeon let out the loudest laugh I had heard so far. He laughed so loud and so hard that for a second I thought he was going to lose control over the steering wheel and crash into something or someone. I threatened to throw him out of the car and drive from him if he didn’t stop laughing immediately. He shrugged it off, saying that I couldn’t possibly drive without a driver license, but calmed down after I pulled out and showed him my driver license.

“I still don’t get why you don’t drive when you’ve got a driver license.”

“As I said, I don’t have a car—”

“…and you prefer to walk rather than to drive,” he said, finishing my sentence. I gave him a smile and he returned it with a goofy grin, a glint of mischievousness evident in his eyes.

“On top of that, you also got a speeding ticket. Wow, Aya, I didn’t know you could be so badass.”

I shrugged nonchalantly, giving him the “whaddya gonna do about it?” attitude and he shook his head, a grin spreading on his face.

“So, Princess Aya, we have arrived at your dorm.”

I stepped out of the car and gave him a grateful smile.

“Thank you. I’ll see you around, Taecyeon oppa.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bang ‘Mir’ Cheolyong’s POV

“Mir, someone’s here to see you.”

I ignored GO and kept reading. When he didn’t get any response from me, he walked over to me and stood right in front of me, with his arms crossed in front of his chest, repeating the message again but I still ignored him.

“If you don’t put down that book now, I will burn all your mangas while you’re asleep and use it to keep myself warm in the winter.”

I quickly put down my manga and went out in the hallway to greet the person that had come to meet me. When I saw the familiar face, I was slightly taken back by her appearance because she was the last person I had expected to see here at J Tune Camp. Nevertheless, I was glad to see her again.

“Nana sshi, hi. What brings you here?”

She gave me a shy smile and only nodded her head as a greeting. She had both her hands behind her back, and when she brought her hands forward I saw what she had been hiding. A bracelet. Or more specifically, my customized leather bracelet with my name on it, which I had gotten as a present from my sister when I first debuted. I smiled upon seeing the item I held dear to my heart (next to my mangas, but I didn’t dare say it in front of my sister, afraid she might flay me alive).

Nana handed me the bracelet and I gratefully thanked her several times, not knowing how to repay the act of kindness. She just giggled and told me that it was nice to help a friend in need, so it wouldn’t feel right if I had to repay her in any way. I nodded and wrote a mental note to myself to buy her flowers and send it to her when she least expected it.

We stood in the hallway and chatted for a while when another familiar face appeared. She looked a bit lost so I waved at her to get her attention and when she finally saw me, her face brightened up. Nana turned around to see who I looking at and almost immediately she turned back around. Katy politely greeted us, bowing a perfect ninety degree bow and asked us to take care of her.

“No need to be so formal here, Katy ah, we’re all friends, right?”

I saw Nana nod slowly, giving Katy a sweet smile as she agreed with me. I grinned and told Katy to wait for me inside the recording room. She nodded, bid farewell to Nana and went inside, leaving me and Nana alone again. When Katy was gone, I could feel the atmosphere had become tense and I asked Nana if she was okay.

“I’m fine.”

I nodded, “Okay, good. But, I gotta go know. It was really nice of you to stop by, and thank you, again for finding the bracelet for me.”

“Don’t worry about it. You would’ve done the same for me.”

“That’s true.”

“And about repaying me… I think I’ve changed my mind.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“How can I repay you back then?”

The next word she spoke totally caught me off guard.

“Go out on a date with me.”

I didn’t respond, only stared at her in shock and disbelief. Nothing against the girl in particular, I just never thought she would actually wanted to go out on a date with me. Hell, I didn’t even think she liked me in that way!

“Only if you want to, that is. I don’t want to force you to go out on a date with me, which would be mean.”

I shook my head and stopped her from saying more.

“No, it’s just… I don’t know, I was just surprise I guess. I mean, wow, I didn’t expect to… I… yeah, okay, sure. I’ll go on a date with you. If that’s what you want me to do, then I’ll do it.”

A huge smile appeared on her face and she nodded enthusiastically. I chuckled and promised to give her a call so we could plan our date further. With a satisfied look on her face, she bid me farewell and walked away, leaving me a little puzzled, standing in the hallway. Did that just happen? Did I just agree to go on a date with the Nana from After School? The girl I had a huge crush on ever since I saw her in the “Because of You” music video?

I walked back inside the recording studio to see Katy sitting calmly on the couch, skimming through the song I had written for us. When she felt my presence, she lifted her gaze from the paper and looked at me. I smiled as I walked over to her to sit next to her.

“What do you think of the song?”

“I think… it’s really good.”

“It is?”

She nodded, a shy smile appearing on her face and I smiled back, feeling good.

“That’s good. I’m glad you like it! I was afraid you wouldn’t so I was really nervous.”

She let out a small laugh, shyly covering her face with one hand, which I wish she hadn’t done but that something I kept for myself. I could feel she was a bit uncomfortable so I tried lightening up the atmosphere by cracking some not-so-funny jokes. She, surprisingly, found some of my jokes to be funny (ha, take that hyungs!) so the recording went smoother than what I had expected it to be.

“Want to take a break, Kanhie sshi?”

“That would be nice, and I told you to call me Katy. I feel more comfortable with that name.”

“Oh, sorry I forgot. I’ll call you Katy from now on.”

I call my manager and asked him if he could buy some food for us, or more specifically donuts, because Katy was craving for some while I was craving for pizza. I could feel him rolling his eyes at us on the other line before he hung up on with a quick ‘whatever’.

“Remind me to never ask my manager to buy me food ever again.”

“Why?”

“I have a bad feeling he’ll do something to the food before giving it to me.”

She shook her head and laughed at my crazy assumptions.

“That won’t happen. Don’t worry about it.”

“How do you know it won’t happen?”

“Because your manager loves you,” she cooed and I fake gagged.

When my manager came in with the food, I noticed the change in his behavior and tone he used was less strict than when he was talking to me or any of the other MBLAQ members.

“I hope Mir is treating you well, Kanhie sshi.”

I had the urge to punch him right there and then for his sickeningly cute act but pulled myself together when I felt him giving me a hard look. Katy just smiled and assured him that I was on my best behavior, and I couldn’t help but to proudly puff my chest up, earning a smack on the back of my head.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Park ‘Nova’ Saebyul’s POV

Because she said I had been neglecting her (she was the one who had been neglecting me because of her busy schedules), Chaerin brought – she had to practically drag me out the dorm because I refused to go at first – me out to go shopping. The shopping was done mostly on her behalf because she told me she needed to buy some new clothes or whatever she needed, while I was happily following her around as long as I had something to eat or drink.

“I saw this awesome Jeremy Scott jacket that I really, really want. It’s limited edition, though.”

“I’m not sure if you can get it here in Korea either,” I chimed in. She nodded, looking a bit sad.

“I know, but I still want to check out the store— oh, here we are.”

We entered the store and were greeted by, surprise, surprise, Jeremy Scott items from the ceiling to the floor. Chaerin looked like she was in heaven and I was just bored of her endless shopping spirit, though I had to admit some of his creations were really good. While at the shop, I momentarily forgot about the incident that had happened earlier and Chaerin and I kinda went crazy, trying on different clothes, shoes and accessories.

“The jacket that you want, why don’t you just buy it from the internet?”

“Can’t. Manager took away my credit card when I spent too much on internet shopping last month.”

I laughed, imagining Chaerin late at night when all the other girls had gone to sleep, but she was sitting in front of her computer, eyes glued to the screen, drool running down her chin, buying all the possible Jeremy Scott items available. I wrote a mental note to myself to hook Chaerin up with Katy so they could go out on a shopping date together; the two of them were the shopaholics of each group.

“Hey, did you call him back or what?”

“What?”

“I’m talking about that Eli kid who tried to hook up with you at Chaos’ after-debut party.”

Images from that night came flowing back to my mind. Even without the alcohol, the party was still a huge success – just like our debut stage. The alcohol was banned mostly because four out of five Chaos members were, and still is, underage. During the night, however, someone managed to sneak in some beverage and the party was on, for real this time. I remember Chin Hwa keeping an eye on us but eventually was occupied by something, or should I say someone, for the rest of the night so we escaped his hawk eyes following us all night long. I remember Eli suddenly standing beside me, obviously drunk, and tried these stupid, cliché pick-up lines on me like “was that an earthquake or did you just rock my world?”, “are you a magnet, cuz I’m attracted to you” and the lamest yet to date, “you’re so hot when I look at you, I get a tan.”

When I pointed out how drunk he was, he started waving his hands like crazy telling me “I’m not drunk, I’m just intoxicated by you” (his words not mine). I rolled my eyes and went to get another drink when he suddenly pulled me in a hug, mumbling how nice it was if I could give him a kiss. Fine, two can play this game, Mr. Pick-Up Line, I thought silently for myself. I turned around and gave him a wink, which he took as a go ahead to keep flirting with me. I soon dragged him on the dance floor and we became the main attraction for the night for some minutes before Jo Kwon, Kevin, Min and Maylee stole the spotlight with their kkab dance to SNSD’s Gee. Upon seeing this, I ditched Eli and joined them instead. When the dance show was over, I couldn’t find him anywhere, so I assumed I had gotten rid of him which, at that moment, I was glad for. Luck was not, however, on my side that night as the found me standing alone on the balcony. He seemed a bit sober, but I could still smell the strong alcohol when he spoke.

“You thought you could get rid of me that easily?”

“I’m not trying to get rid of you.”

“Then why did you run away from me when we were dancing earlier?”

I turned around and gave him a look.

“I didn’t run away from you, Mr. Pick-Up Line, you didn’t follow me so we could keep dancing together.”

“Mr. Pick-Up Line?”

“Besides, it looked like you had a lot of fun with Krystal and I didn’t want to interrupt you guys.”

“How considerate of you,” he sarcastically remarked and I smirked. I heard the balcony door open and close, and suddenly a heavy arm rested on my shoulders. I looked up, ready to elbow the intruder in the ribs before I recognized his stupid grin and let him be, turning my attention elsewhere.

“Yah, why are you guys out here alone? It’s kinda cold.”

“If it’s cold then why don’t you go inside?”

“Easy there, Byul. I’m just outside for some fresh air. Besides, I thought it was kinda suspicious that the two of you were outside alone. I wanted to make sure that Eli here doesn’t do anything to my best friend.”

“You know that I wouldn’t dare do anything to her. I’m taking your warning seriously, hyung.”

That got my attention and I turned my attention back to Chansung and Eli.

“What warning?”

“The warning about how one should never ever mess with you because you’re able to kill if you are provoked.”

I scoffed, a smirk forming on my lips and I nodded.

“True that.”

“So, yeah, since Eli wanted to get to know you, I thought I could introduce you guys to each other since I know you both fairly well.”

“Oh really? What’s the color of my ?”

“You’re not wearing , you’re wearing boxers and they’re green – your favorite color.”

“Nice one, Chanana.”

“Thank you, thank you.”

We started laughing at our own jokes while Eli gave us a weird look from the sidelines. It must have been very awkward for him to experience our relationship like that. We could be very intimate with each other at times but none of us cared – it was more fun that way. The three of us spent the rest of the night on the balcony until Dongho came in and told us that Soohyun didn’t feel well so he thought it was best if they went home before Soohyun threw up in our dorm. We bid him goodbye and he hurried to find s, dragging them home. When the party was nearing its end, Min Young, Chansung, Chaerin and some other people from YG family (except for Big Bang – the boys bailed on us and left way earlier than planned, those traitors!) remained and helped us clean even though we insisted we do it ourselves (note: “do it ourselves” in this context meant we would get our mentors to clean our dorm first thing in the morning). We cleaned out the worst and while cleaning I got a call from Eli. Turned out Chansung had given me his number without telling me, and I was busy at that moment so I told him I would call him back later, which I obviously never did. It wasn’t as if I forgot to call him back, I just never bothered.

“Poor guy, he must be devastated,” Chaerin said with a slightly mocking tone and I rolled my eyes, throwing a shoe at her.

“Just call him, Byul. Tell him you’ve been busy but you would like to hang out with him sometime.”

“But I don’t want to hang out with him.”

“Oh, maybe you want to hook up with him, then?”

“ off.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Seo Eun Mi’s POV

“Where’s Stella? Has anyone seen Stella?”

Chin Hwa practically walked in our dorm as if he owned the place and looked around for our leader but she wasn’t here obviously. He sighed when he couldn’t find her anywhere and plopped down on the sofa next to me, head resting on a pillow.

“Why don’t you try to call her?” I asked, keeping my eye on the sketch pad in front of me.

“I did, she didn’t pick up. Why don’t you try calling her from your phone?”

“Sorry, busy,” was the answer he got from me. He lifted his hand in the air, as if he would hit me or something, and I flinched back but the hit never came.

“Why do keep you call her Stella and not Saebyul?”

“Because I think it’s awkward when I call her Saebyul.”

“Why?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know, stop asking questions, where is Stella?”

He abruptly stood up from the sofa, bumping into me on his way up, making me draw a straight line across the drawing. My eyes widened and I opened my mouth in shock and disbelief. This was not happening to me right now. Chin Hwa, who was oblivious to the whole situation, strolled towards our kitchen in a tired manner, opened the fridge and took out a water bottle.

“Aren’t you going to say sorry?”

He turned around and gave me confused look. “What?”

I held up the drawing for him to see and he almost choked himself on the water. My mouth opened wider (if that was possible) when I witnessed his reaction.

“Don’t laugh; you were the one who did this!”

“I did not! Stop accusing me for things—“

“You bumped into me when you stood up from the sofa earlier.”

“…oh, sorry about that. My bad!”

“See, it was your fault after all! Now apologize.”

“I’m sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, naega, naega, naega, meonjeo nege, nege, nege, ppajyeo…”

He suddenly started dancing and singing to Super Junior’s Sorry, Sorry and I mentally facepalmed at his childishness, instantly regretting that I made him apologize in the first place. I stood up and made my way to my shared bedroom and plopped down on my bed throwing the sketch pad on the floor, not caring where it landed or how it landed because my drawing was ruined anyway. I dug my head into my pillow and groaned. I felt restless, which annoyed me, but the fact that I didn’t know what to do annoy me even more.

B-B-B-Bangkok city I can’t stop, deo heundeureo bwa, geunyeo tteoreo jyeo na gage

What?

B-B-B-Bangkok city I can’t stop, nal heundeureo bwa ibsuri neol bureuge tonight

Was that my phone? I pulled out the device and looked at the screen. Yup, that was my phone alright. I couldn’t remember having Orange Caramel’s Bangkok City as my ringtone, but oh, well. A smile formed on my lips when I saw the caller ID.

“Yo, yo!”

“Yah, is that how you treat Lady Hee Hee?”

“Ah, Lady Hee Hee, it is an honour talking to you.”

“Much better.”

I giggled and hugged my Chikorita plushie which I had gotten as a present from Maylee on my birthday.

“What are you doing now?”

“Nothing much.”

“So I’m not bothering you, right? Good, good.”

“Why?”

“I got something planned for you, my dear friend.”

“What it is?”

“It’s a surprise, you idiot. Where are you?”

“At the dorm.”

“Hm, okay. Meet us Café Deluxe, yeah? You’ve got fifteen minutes.”

“Us?”

“The Chocoball members. Did you think I would meet you alone?”

“I don’t know.”

“Now get your moving. Fifteen minutes, Choding, that’s all you get.”

And the line went dead. I stared at the phone for a good five minutes, just to digest the information I just got. When I thought I had wasted enough time, I reached into my closet and pulled out a pair of sneakers. I stayed silent to check if Chin Hwa was still in the living room. I didn’t hear anything but just to be on the safe side; I closed the door to my room and stuffed my pillows and plushies under the blanket to make it look like I was sleeping. Grabbing the necessities, I opened the window and quickly but carefully climbed out and closed the window once I was outside. The problem now wasn’t climbing down four floors, but I was afraid someone would recognize me and blow my cover off. Once I set my foot on the ground, I made a dash for the café, adrenaline pumping in my veins. It had been quite a while since I did this kind of thing and it honestly felt good, being able to do it again. It reminded me of my trainee days when I said I was going to buy a drink from the vending machine, and I did go buy a drink, no lie, but once I got my drink, I would ditch the rest of the practice and went to the nearby arcade.

I got away with it the first few times, but as I learned that the girls was punished because of what I did, I stopped immediately, feeling guilty about it. I felt so guilty that I started showing up at practice hours before the scheduled hours and when the practice was done, I stayed behind to practice some more. I even bough them presents as an apology, promising not to ditch practice again. It took some time before they eventually accepted my apology, but when they did, I was so happy I could’ve cried.

Panting, I pushed the door open and the scent of freshly baked bread hit my nostrils. My stomach rumbled in protest as I looked around for the Chocoball members and I saw miss A’s Jia waving her hands from the corner, trying to get my attention. I smiled and walked over to them, being greeted by the familiar faces of the Chocoball members and a cup of bubble tea and a piece of bread on the table, just waiting for me to eat them up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maylee Song’s POV

“I’m in my dreaaaaaaaaaaaam!”

“Stop, stop!”

Everyone in the room, or just everyone who was unlucky enough to hear Seungri’s desperate try on doing IU’s three-octave note, held for their dear ears and prayed that they wouldn’t lose their hearing. Something had gotten to Big Bang’s maknae and he was determined to nail the note no matter what, but it didn’t help the fact that he was hitting the totally wrong notes on purpose. He wanted his close friends to lose their hearing, didn’t he?

“Yah, get yourself together.”

Seungri only grinned and didn’t look sorry at all. He only shrugged and went over to troll on some unlucky victims he could stumble upon. I was sitting on the floor, doing the splits, when Chin Hwa walked into the dance studio with a rather familiar looking boy trailing behind him. I tried to get a better look at him but his hoodie was pulled over, half of his face completely disappearing behind the huge hoodie. I wonder how he could walk with that thing shielding his view. I got up from my position and dusted of non-existing dust bunnies off my pants, my eyes locked on the mirror, still trying to figure out his identity when our eyes met and a huge smile appeared on my face.

“Jongie!”

I turned around, ran towards him and gave him a hug, my actions attracting the attention of several people in the room but I ignored them all and kept hugging him until he pried my arms off his neck, smiling down at me.

“Long time no see, May.”

“I know right? But somehow it feels like I was talking to you on the phone yesterday.”

“That was because you were talking to me on the phone yesterday.”

“Oh… that makes sense.”

“Of course it does, silly.”

He ruffled my hair and I smiled back at him.

“So how have you been, Jongie?”

His smile turned into a frown upon hearing the old nickname and he gently pushed me. I laughed at his adorableness and pinched his cheeks, which in return he only stuck out his tongue.

“I told you already, don’t call me ‘Jongie’. Even the guys are starting to call me that and it’s annoying!”

The guys he was referring to was a group of other boys who Jongup trained along, hoping to debut soon. I had met some of them and they seemed pretty cool. Too bad I didn’t have time to hang out with them.

“Fine, I won’t call you Jongie anymore. Too bad, I really liked that nickname.”

“You may have liked it, but I didn’t,” he said as he faked crying. I patted his shoulder in sympathy and promised him that I wouldn’t call him Jongie again unless he wanted me to.

“So what brings you here, Jongie, I mean Jongup?”

I bit my lip when I realized what I just said, hoping he didn’t hear it. I looked up at him only to be greeted by his eyes shooting daggers at me. Well, so much for that promise.

 

allkpop | Chaos’ Aya teams up with 2PM’s Taecyeon for Calvin Klein Jeans


ChaosAya recently teamed up with 2PM’s Taecyeon for Calvin Klein Jeans. Not long ago, the Japanese Beauty was featured in a cute CF with her Big Bang mentor Daesung but this time around the mood was far from cute and homey.

With a black-and-white theme, the couple showcased their charismatic looks while wearing simple attires consisting of t-shirts and Calvin Klein jeans. Even with the simple attire and setting, the mood was dark and gloomy yet the couple managed to catch the fans attention with their charisma.

Check out the CF and tell us what you think. They make one y couple, don’t you think?