Chapter 6

Chaos ; the aftermath after the Big Bang

Ahn ‘Katy’ Kanhie’s POV

“It’s out! Unni, it’s out!”

I was sitting by the kitchen bar, fiddling with my dSLR camera when the maknae ran over to me, waving the phone as the song I recorded with Mir was playing. Maylee sat down next to me, on top of the table, and turned the volume up. I paused what I was doing to listen to the result. The song had turned out pretty well, if I could say it myself. Mir and I made a good team. I smiled contently and kept fiddling with the camera as the song faded out and Beast’s Fiction came on.

“Turn it off,” I said, breathing out heavily and tried not to grab her phone and throw it on the floor, smashing it with a frying pan or something. She shook her head disobediently and hopped off the table, grabbed her phone and went back to her room. At least I didn’t get to hear his voice anymore. I thought I had gotten over him, gotten over his ty attitude, but every time I heard something related to Beast it instantly reminded me of him and his ugly face. Ugh, so annoying. He was supposedly older than me too; shouldn’t he be more mature then? Oh wait, I forgot. He’s a boy. A male. They usually mature slower than females, but there are of course some exceptions where males are as mature as most females, Hyunseung for example.

I sighed as Aya walked into the kitchen and gave me a worried look. I shook my head but she didn’t let it go that easily. She kept looking at me for some more minutes before turning her attention to the sink and got herself a cup of water.

“What do you think of Beast?”

“What do you mean?”

“Is it their music you don’t like, or is it them personally?”

I sighed and turned to look in another direction. I really didn’t want to have this conversation right now. Aya turned around and faced me, sipping on her drink, raising an eyebrow and waited for me to answer. I sighed again and placed the camera back in its purse before I faced her.

“Their music is, as much as I dislike to admit it, quite good for an average boy group—“

“Who are you to judge how good their music is?”

The two of us jumped at the voice. Correction, I jumped at the voice. Aya didn’t seem the least surprised but I knew she was, she just didn’t make it as obvious as I did.

“Trainer Hwang, what brings you here?”

“Oh, me?” I’m here to discuss your girls’ diet. Good thing the two of you are here. Where are the others?”

“Hiding away from you, where else?” I mumbled under my breath but he caught it and gave me a glare. I sheepishly smiled and pointed in different direction while slowly slipping down from the chair.

“I’ll go look for them,” and with that I quickly ran away from the kitchen, leaving Aya alone with trainer Hwang.


allkpop | MBLAQ's Mir releases MV for "Shouting Out the Memories" featuring Chaos' Katy


Earlier today MBLAQ’s Mir released his first digital single as a gift for his fans which featured Katy, a member of the rookie girl group Chaos. Now, the music video for the song has been released!

The MV shows how Mir is trying to take back the love of his life by creating shoes which can bring you back to the future if you run with it. But by the time he reached her, it’s already too late as she has already gotten over him and moved on.

Check out the MV and stay tuned on allkpop for more about MBLAQ and Chaos.


Im ‘Nana’ Jinah’s POV

I watched him as he ordered our food. The cashier seemed to recognize him but didn’t cause a big scene and took his order and tried to treat him as a regular costumer but it was obvious she was a huge fan of him by the way she stole glances at him. Holding a drink in each hand, he made his way over to our table and placed one of the drinks in front of my. I smiled back thankfully and took a sip.

“Good, isn’t it?”

I nodded and his smile grew wider. We spent the time talking about our group activities and when he mentioned his new single featuring Katy, I forced a smile and congratulated him. I was really happy for him because he seemed genuinely happy that he finally got to show off his musical talent, but the fact that she was featured in his song made the little green monster inside of me grow by the second.

“When are you guys heading for Japan?” I cut him off mid-sentence when he was babbling about how well they worked together as a team and looked daringly into his eyes. He paused for a moment and took the hint, then proceeded to tell me about MBLAQ’s plan to conquer Japan in the latter half of the year. He was once again interrupted, by his phone this time. He excused himself, telling me that it was his manager. I nodded understandingly and he left the table to answer the call.

I looked out the window and saw a couple holding hands as they walked towards a shop. The boy held the door open for his girl and she giggled, giving her boyfriend a kiss on the cheek before she entered the shop. I sighed and rested my elbow on the table, my head supported by my arm. How I wished I had a boyfriend like that. How I wished Mir would stop looking at me as just a friend and start taking the first step. It wasn’t that he was dumb in any way, he was quite bright despite how dumb or clueless he presented himself as on variety shows, and like earlier, he could read people easy and pick up hints faster than his group members (Joon in particular, but everybody knows Joon is a moron by nature so he doesn’t really count) but for some reason he just didn’t get it when I dropped hints. And they were quite obvious and straightforward hints too, even Joon was able to tell that I liked Mir, and that says a lot.

Mir came back with an apologetic look on his face, telling me that he had to go because there was a sudden change in his schedule; there was a change in tonight’s Inkigayo line-up and an artist pulled out of the show, only to be replaced by Mir’s solo stage featuring… her. If she was going to be there to perform with him or not, I did not know because she was under YG, and YG rarely let their artist collaborate with other artists outside of the company so it was a miracle that they let Katy collaborate with Mir, but I certainly hope she wasn’t. I fake a smile and tried to hide the disappointment in my voice, but once again, he saw right through me and patted my shoulder, promising that he would make it up to me another time, before he dashed through the doors, leaving me staring out the window, looking after him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Seo Eun Mi’ POV

“…and if they ask you to do aegyo, tell them that you refuse to because aegyo doesn’t suit you.”

“And then show off my dance skills!”

“Yeah whatever just don’t do aegyo or else I’ll have to confiscate your Nintendo DS.”

We were backstage for our first variety show recording on Strong Heart and Saebyul was giving me a lecture of what to do and what to not do – aegyo was one of the no-no’s. I had also taken some lessons from Seungri at his Seungri Academy, which in this case, was the cafeteria, and I was ready to show off my talking skills as well as my dance skills. As the face of the group I had felt I was getting more attention from the public, but along with that attention I also got few more haters than the other girls. People thought being the face of the group only acquired me to stand there and being pretty but that wasn’t it. I was more than just a pretty face; I was the lead vocalist and main dancer of the group and there’s a reason to why I was given these positions. I just needed the people to know that too.

“Chaos, take your places. Two in the front row and three in the back.”

We quickly shuffled towards the stage and sat down, Saebyul and me in the front, the other three in the back. When other artists, actors and just about everyone else who was our sunbaes passed by, we stood up and greeted them with a ninety degree bow. Correction; Katy and I greeted our sunbaes with a ninety degree bow while the others didn’t even come close. They still showed respect to a degree though so I didn’t think it would be a problem. Before the recording started, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk approached us and we started talking.

“If there’s any problem at all, just let us know, and we’ll try to help you guys.”

“I’m sure there’s no need to, but thanks for the offer anyway.”

The boys were slightly taken aback by Aya’s straightforward answer. Eunhyuk didn’t manage to hide his surprised expression unlike Leeteuk who simply brushed it off by laughing out loud.

“Yah, Teukkie ah, you sound like a maniac laughing like that,” Boom remarked and the set erupted into laughter. Leeteuk sheepishly rubbed the back of his head and Eunhyuk patted his back empathically. Once all the guests had taken their place, the PDs signalized that the cameras were rolling and the show was on.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aya Izumi’s POV

It was weird being far apart from the girls. I was used to working alone as a CF actress, but this time it wasn’t just far apart as in different studios, but different countries. Chin Hwa had told me that a production team was doing a short movie called Sydney in Love which was about a girl and a boy meeting in Sydney, falling in love with each other and so on. It was the usual cliché thing that I was totally against but Chin Hwa convinced me to take the part because they showed a lot of interest in having me in the film and the producer was a long time friend of sajangnim or something.

I was in Incheon Airport with Chin Hwa, reading my manga and eating grapes as I waited for my plane. Chin Hwa was typing away on his computer and cell phone, his attention balancing between the two devices. I had seen Chin Hwa multitasking, and it’s true what they about boys not being able to multitask as skillfully as the girls. Still, I was proud of him for being able to keep up with so much information at the same time and not going crazy, yet.

“After the shooting, you’ll meet Seo Mi in Japan. You don’t have a huge job in Japan except for guiding us through the city with your Japanese so you can use your time rehearsing for the summer special as well as your comeback.”

I nodded and let out a sigh. The schedules were crazy, but not nearly as crazy as the other YG Family members. If we compared our schedules to say, SE7EN or Big Bang, our schedule was nothing but free time in their eyes. Even with their minimal variety show appearances, they were still tired. Imagine how it must’ve been for other artists who appear on many variety shows.

“They’re doing a last minute change on the album; the last song is being replaced by You Look Good. They want to know if it’s okay with you.”

I nodded and Chin Hwa quickly replied their message. By "they" he meant the producers who helped us with our album. Whenever we made an album we always made sure that everyone was content with the tracklist so whenever we performed on stage, we would always enjoy performing the songs we chose ourselves. We would not only enjoy the songs, but the songs would also let our talents shine and not being overshadowed like how your typical cutesy-bubblegum-pop songs and aegyo-filled dances would. Ugh. Thinking about it made me shiver.

“Yah are you freezing or something? Are you getting sick? Are you sick? Let me check your temper. Do you need some painkillers? Should we cancel the shooting?”

I rolled my eyes at Chin Hwa’s worrisome questions and shook my head, telling him that I was fine I just thought about something I shouldn’t think about.

“Then stop thinking about it, jeez, you scared me there.”

I huffed and popped a grape in my mouth, chewing slowly as I looked out the huge windows. I could see my airplane by its lane but they wouldn’t let us in just yet. My thought then wandered to Taecyeon. The last time I talked to him was when he drove me home from the hospital and that was probably months ago. He hadn’t called nor texted me even though he had my number. What was up with that boy? Did he ask for my number so he could sell it to some obsessive fanboys of mine? I pushed the thought aside. No, Taecyeon wasn’t that type of guy. I was sure of that. I didn’t know him that well, but all this time he had acted as the perfect example of a gentleman.

There we have it.

Acted.

He was acting nice so he could get closer to me and then… then what? What did he want to do with me after he got close to me? me? Use me? For what? He barely dared talking to me, let alone trying to seduce me. I huffed at all the ideas and put the manga down. I wasn’t in the mood for reading anymore, all these thoughts I had in my mind was annoying and bothersome, and I wondered how I would survive the ten hour flight. Maybe I could get use for that painkiller after all.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kim ‘Eli’ Kyoungjae’s POV

“It was nice of you to call me back again, Stella,” I said casually in English, trying to lift up the heavy atmosphere around us. I was practicing and suddenly got a call from a girl I thought had forgotten me a long time ago and asked me if I wanted to hang out. Who in their right mind says ‘no’ to hang out with the girls from Chaos? Especially when they’re the one who takes initiative to call and invite you to meet up with them.

“I only asked you to hang out with me today because I was bored and had nothing to do.”

Okay, wow. I didn’t know how to respond to that so I just sat there dumbfounded. Geez, thanks for that. I remembered Chansung’s warning about not to mess with her, so I assume keeping my mouth shut was the smartest thing I could do right now if I didn’t want to flip her off. She was like a ticking bomb. If you pushed the wrong button, you would be dead. The problem here was that I didn’t know which button to push and which not to because honestly, they all looked the same to me.

“Chaos is pretty popular nowadays.”

“Thanks for the info, Captain Obvious.”

Silence.

“Okay Stella I seriously can’t do this anymore. I—“

“Nobody told you to.”

I mentally rolled my eyes at her. I let out a sigh in defeat.

“You called me out here to hang out. Why don’t we do something fun? What do you like to do? The amusement park? The—“

“I’m not a ing five year old, anymore.”

“—arcade? The roller skates hall? The pool hall? The food court?”

I smiled a little when I saw a change in her attitude. Her eyes lit up in interest and she seemed to pay more attention now. None of us said a word until she suddenly spoke up.

“Let’s go.”

And off we went. I made a mental note to myself to take her to the food court on our next date. I mean the next time we meet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jang ‘Chris’ Chin Hwa’s POV

“What do you mean they cancelled it?”

The first thing that happened once we landed in Sydney was a phone call from the management department back in Seoul, telling us that they had cancelled the shoot. Wow, great. That’s exactly what we need right now. I glanced over at Aya who stood next to me, giving me the “you better not be kidding me” look through her sunglasses. I tried to focus on the conversation but I was way too frustrated and tired to even bother keeping up with the voice on the other line. When the conversation finally came to an end, I sighed and shook my head at the inconvenience. Aya was still giving me a look, waiting for an answer to hear unspoken question. I didn’t want to be the person delivering the news to Aya because everybody knew how much she disliked it when people gave her information at the very last minute.

“They’re cancelling the shooting, something about doing major changes on the plot as well as the actors.”

I left out the part about the possibility of Aya being replaced by another author because that’s where my limit goes. Any further and I would probably beg the president about letting me off the job.

“So it means that I might not be a part of the project anymore.”

Okay, wow she was quick to catch up with things. She didn’t even say it as a question. It was more like a statement. I slowly nodded and she sighed, crossing her arms and turned away.

“What do we do now?”

“We stay here, what else? Use your time here to practice – I’ll see if I can find you a decent practice room somewhere – and then we’ll meet Seo Mi in Japan.”

She nodded, picked up her baggage and climbed into the black van when it appeared in front of us. The rest of the small team followed suit and I climbed into the driver’s seat, heading towards the hotel we had booked to get some well deserved rest.