Revenge

Listen To The Voice Of My Heart

Myungsoo's Point Of View

"L, another job well-done," my boss smiled at me, satisfied with my work. I nodded.

"Do you want your paycheck now?" He asked me.

"Tell me who murdered my parents 2 years ago," I said.

"Straightforward, hmm, I like that," he got up from his chair and stared at the view outside the window.

"Well? It has been two years and I have done a lot of work for you, would it kill you to tell me who murdered my parents?" I asked impatiently. Ever since my parents were murdered in their house 2 years ago, I wanted to take revenge. I had no one besides my parents. And they were wonderful people, they were angels compared to everyone else in this society. Our family are not particularly rich or poor, just average. My parents have never done anything to upset other people, they should be the last people on earth to die. Yet they passed away so early, I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye when I walked into our house that night and found the both of them died on the floor.

I am going to take revenge. I am going to kill whoever murdered my parents, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. So I started my job as an assassin. For the past two years I wanted to know who really killed my parents, so that person's family can be just as upset and devastated like me when I lost them. If other people think it is okay to take away my parents just like that, then I can too.

"Tell you what, you do this one more job for me then you can take as much time as you want to revenge," my boss said.

"No," I said.

"Then no deal," he said.

"Then I am not going to do that job you want me to do," I said and walked towards the door.

"Nam Woohyun," he said and I froze.

"Nam Woohyun, he killed your parents two years ago," he said.

"Why...... did he do that?" I asked, trying to keep calm.

"I don't know, probably under the instructions of his boss. His boss is also a chairman of the company, and I guess your parents worked in the rival company and Nam Woohyun's boss probably doesn't like how your parents crushed his company with their plans. After all, your parents made big contributions to the company they were in before they died," he said and lit up a cigarette. I sighed and clenched my fist. My parents did not deserve to die. Because they made their company successful and crushed the rival company, that doesn't give them the right to kill my parents. My parents have done nothing besides keep contributing to the company, but they died because the rival company was pissed at their success. That doesn't make any sense.

"Nam Woohyun....... Recently killed one of our prized assassin, because he killed Nam Woohyun's mother few years ago. So now I need you to finish him off," my boss said.

"You want me to kill Nam Woohyun?" I asked.

"Did I say that? Oops, I meant his sister," he said.

"Are you joking with me right now?" I asked coldly.

"Calm down. I mean it, I want you to murder his sister," he said.

"What good does that do to Nam Woohyun?" I asked angryly.

"Nam Woohyun is an experienced and nearly just as talented assassin as you, L. It's almost impossible to murder him," he said.

"I can," I said.

"Nam Woohyun is not as easy as you think, you have only been here for 2 years. We have people who have been in this field for so many years and still can't successfully murder him. Nam Woohyun is that good. You are good too, but I don't want you to take that risk. However, one thing or in this case, person, that Nam Woohyun cannot live without is his little sister, Nam Sojeong. Now she is an easy target, even though Nam Woohyun is extremely protective of his sister, but she is a much easier target than him. Nam Woohyun got into the assassin business only because of his little sister. He is willing to kill people so he can raise up his little sister. Now, his little sister is the same age as you, and you both go to the same school, so I want you to get close to her, earn her trust, then murder her. Then that will be the end of Nam Woohyun, because I am 100% certain that he cannot live without his sister, then you can finish him off when he is in despair," he said.

"Fine, I will do it," I said. If I finished off his sister, he would be just as devastated as me when I lost my parents, and then I can finish him off.

"Good, here's some photo of her and basic information of her, I will get you to have every single class with her and things like that. All you have to do is get close to her and get the job done," he said and gave me an envelope.

"Okay," I said.

"You can go now," he said and I left his office and went home. I shut the door and tossed the keys on the table and crashed onto the sofa. I opened the envelope and took out the contents in there. There were several pictures of a long and straight hair girl with short height.

"Nam Sojeong......" I murmured as I look at each one of the picture. I looked through the things in the envelope, in there was some basic information like her age, birth date, height, weight, blood type and also her timetable for school. Then I looked at the pictures again. She is my next target, I thought to myself. She is the sister of the guy who killed my parents, and I am going to take revenge. I am going to kill her, no matter how difficult it may be, I have to take revenge. I fell asleep by telling myself that over and over again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived at the school the next morning and made my way to the class that Nam Sojeong is suppose to be in right now, which is also the class I have at the moment. I knocked on the door and went in. I handed the professor the note and he looked at it.

"Is there a reason why you transfer to this class?" The professor asked.

"I was bored in my chemistry class," I said in a monotone voice.

"You were bored in chemistry and so you want to switch to advanced chemistry?" He asked.

"Yes," I said, not caring about the stares.

"Okay, then. So you wouldn't mind if I asked you a couple questions, just to make sure you really know it all," the professor asked and I shrugged. I answered all those questions one by one, and they were surprisingly easier than what I have been expected.

"That is...... all correct, so I guess you do know all your stuff then," the professor said and I smiled.

"What is your name again?" the professor asked.

"Kim Myungsoo," I said. L is my work name and Kim Myungsoo is my real name.

"I will add you into the attendance list," he said.

"May I go sit now?" I asked.

"You may," the professor said and my eyes scanned through the people in the class, trying to locate Nam Sojeong. It was hard to find her so I decided to try again when the class is dismissed.

When the bell rang and I watched students one by one leave the classroom. Then a girl came into view and she looked just like the girl in the picture. She is Nam Sojeong. I looked at her and the memory of my parents lying on the floor already dead flashed in my mind. I could just kill her this moment, so Nam Woohyun will know how I felt to have someone you love killed. Then the girl's eyes met mine and I stared at her with hatred. But she turned around and walked away without another glance in my direction and left with 2 other guys.

"You idiot......" I muttered to myself. I just showed how much I hate her on our first meet, which is definitely not something I am suppose to do. I am suppose to get close to her, gain her trust, then kill her. Now she is going to stay as far away as possibly from me. I gritted my teeth at my silly mistake and ran after the girl. I followed her and the 2 other guys with her around the school, eavesdropping their conversation. I have to find out more about her in order to get closer to her. Also, I wanted to find out more about her brother, who is the one that murder my parents.

"........that new guy in our class is probably going to be prof's new favourite now," the guy with light brown hair said.

"He is smart......" The black hair guy said.

"He is arrogant," the girl said and I was startled by her comment.

"Is he really? I didn't noticed him much," The black hair guy said.

"Of course you didn't notice, Sungjong, you were too busy copying everything down," the light brown hair guy said.

"At least Sungjong is actually learning something, unlike you Lee Sungyeol, always sleeping in class," Sojeong said to the guy.

"I was tired....." Sungyeol said sheepishly.

"You are always tired," Sojeong pointed out.

"Well at least I am better than that arrogant guy you dislike right?" Sungyeol said. Dislike? We have only looked at each other once today and she dislike me already? I chuckled and kept on listening to their conversation.

"You dislike that guy already Sojeong?" Sungjong asked.

"I don't like guys who act like they know everything, it's just annoying," Sojeong said.

"True, especially that bored look he had on his face when the professor is asking questions, that pisses me off," Sungyeol said and I scoffed and chuckled. I am not concerned about that guy's opinion about me at all, it doesn't affect me whatsoever, however, I am more concerned with Sojeong.

"But I heard a lot of girls talking about him during class," Sojeong said.

"About what?" Sungjong asked.

"They said he looked really handsome and have a bad boy style which they like a lot," Sojeong said and rolled her eyes. Ever since I was little, I don't talk much or get along quite well with other people and I lack of emotions, which is probably why I am so suited for the job of an assassin.

"Then maybe I need to start acting like him too so I will get girls," Sungyeol said.

"You could, but if it is me I wouldn't fell for that type of guys," Sojeong said.

"You are so picky, Sojeong, which is probably why you don't have a boyfriend," Sungyeol teased.

"It's not like you got any girls too," Sojeong pointed out and he left out a heavy sigh.

"Oh, I should get to class too, see you guys soon," Sojeong got up from the bench.

"See you later Sojeong!" Sungjong called out.

"Don't trip on a branch!" Sungyeol snickered as she walked away. I sighed and clenched my fists. I have trained myself to get along with other people easily so I can do my job quicker. I could get close to people easily if I wanted to, especially girls. But Nam Sojeong is........ different. It had almost seem like she could read my mind, like she knows that I could be dangerous to her and her family. She isn't like the other girls I have encountered with before, innocent and foolish. She is sharp and clever and that makes it even harder for me to complete my job. But I would do anything to get revenge, because my parents shouldn't have died, they should be at work right now like they usually are, and coming back home to meet their only son whom they cherished and loved so much. I don't deserve such good parents like them, they cared about me more than anything in the world and gave me everything. But I wasn't the best son, and fate didn't give a chance to become the best son to them. I have never wanted anything more than revenge ever since my parents were murdered, and no matter how cunning and clever Nam Sojeong may be, I am going to finish her off. Because there's nothing that I, Kim Myungsoo cannot do once I set my heart to it, and I am determinded to kill Nam Sojeong and her brother Nam Woohyun.

 


Annyeong~ Author-nim here ^____^ I hope you are all enjoying the story right now~ There's not much happening now but it's going to get more interesting so please keep reading and supporting this fic n___n (sorry if this chapter is a bit shorter than usual @___@) Thanks to all of my new subscribers for subscribing!!! *throw hearts* On the side note anyone listened to Leader Gyu's debut solo yet? It's really good :3 and I can't wait for the album to come out on November 19th!!! XDDD Anyways I will see you all soon when I update the next chapter~ *waves*