Jiyong's letter

Retrouvailles

After staring at the ceiling for what seemed like days, Seunghyun finally got up and walked to his desk. He opened the box and took out the letter:

 

Seunghyun,

Hyunnie,

Hyung.

Sorry for the sudden confession.

I know it seemed out of the blue, but believe me it wasn't.

It took me so much time to acknowledge that  I liked you, even more to confess.

Remember when I asked you if I should date that girl?

I was kind of hoping you'd tell me I shouldn't, but I didn't know why.

After a few months, I realized the only thing I thought about when I was with her, was you.

Where were you?

Were you happy?

Were you having fun with someone else?

Were you also thinking about me?

Then it hit me.

I liked you.

I liked your smile, your laugh, your arms, your hugs, your dorkiness, your reassuring words, your kindness, everything.

When we went to Busan, it killed me to no be able to tell you how I felt.

I thought it was too soon.

Then school started and we got more distant.

You had to prepare for your entrance exams and I volunteered for the art club.

I missed our hangouts after school.

I missed our long talks about the future.

I missed our long bike rides.

I missed "us"

But I missed you the most.

Now, I'm not expecting a " I like you too Ji" but if you tell me there's a tiny bit of hope, I'll wait until you're ready.

Because I like you that much.

I also understand if you don't want to be friends anymore... If you don't, then I hope you'll forgive me one day for ruining our friendship.

Until then, take care of yourself.

 

Jiyong

 

Seunghyun read the letter again and again. How could he have been so oblivious? It's true that Jiyong gradually changed over the past few months. He got a bit more distant, less physical, quieter... He didn't look at him in the eyes anymore... His head was almost always down when he was talking to him.

Ding dong.

A door bell interrupted his thoughts. Of course, it had to be Jiyong. Who else would ring at three in the morning. Seunghyun slowly made his way downstairs to open the door.

"Hyung... I just wa-" A red eyed Jiyong whined.

"Hurry, get in before you catch a cold." Seunghyun hushed him in the living room before closing the door.

"I wanted to apologize... For confessing... I should've just kept it to myself. I feel bad for you, two confessions in one day and you have to reject them bo-"

"Who said I rejected you? I was surprised and I shouldn't have ran away like that, I'm sorry."

"So, I still have hope?"

"I really don't know anymore, Ji. I don't want to tell you that there's no hope but I can't assure you that I can like you back... And I'm leaving Korea in February for I don't know how long."

"Did you read my letter?"

"Yeah."

"I said that if I had just a bit of hope, I'd wait. Because you're worth waiting for Seunghyun." 

Seunghyun hugged Jiyong so hard. He really was lost. Jiyong was his best friend. He couldn't imagine his life without him in it. But could he see themselves as lovers? He reluctantly let go and smiled at Jiyong.

"Are we going to be able to stay friends?" He asked.

"Hopefully, I don't know." Jiyong answered.

"I hope you know that even if I did tell you there was no hope, I'd still want us to be friends no matter what. You mean so much to me Ji."

"This is not helping me you know..." He said sobbing.

"Aigo, I'm a bad hyung... Always making you cry." Seunghyun sighed.

Jiyong left Seunghyun's house with tears in his eyes. 

After that night, they both tried to act like nothing happened. Of course it didn't work. Jiyong avoided Seunghyun as much as possible. He didn't want to face his friend and make him feel bad. Meanwhile, Seunghyun was sad that he didn't get to see Jiyong as often as before. Winter went by so fast, yet no words were spoken aside from "Hello, How are you, Good, Have a nice day" It was already February and Seunghyun was having his graduation ceremony. He scanned the crowd for a certain pair of brown eyes but he didn't find them. Jiyong wasn't there. He didn't know if he was more disappointed at himself or Jiyong. At himself for not taking care of their friendship, or what was left of it. Or at Jiyong for avoiding him. When the ceremony was over, his parents and sister were waiting for him outside.

"Congrats little rat, you finished high school! Can't wait to have you out of the house." His sister said with a smile.

"Yah, if you knew how much I ju-"

"Seunghyun, HyeYoon, come on. It's your brother's graduation and you two are still arguing?Aigo... Congratulations my dear!" His mother hugged him.

"Thank you Umma."

"I can't believe this... All my kids finished highschool!" His father said with a gentle laugh.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either... Did any of you see Jiyong?"

"About that... He called this morning, right after you left. He said something about meeting him near the ice cream shop after the ceremony." His sister answered.

"Oh. Eh, I'm sorry but we'll have to celebrate later, okay? I don't want to make him wait too long. See you later!" 

"Be home by seven okay!." His father yelled but Seunghyun was too far to hear him. He ran as fast as he could and almost got hit by a car. When he finally got there, he looked arround only to find Jiyong already sitting at a table laughing at him.

"Hey, what are you looking at." Seunghyun stuck out his tongue.

"You, duh. Come on, let's order first. Then we'll talk."

Seunghyun sat down and ordered a large yanggeng ice cream.

"Your treat, right?"

Jiyong nodded with a smile.

They awkwardly stared at each other until the server came back with Seunghyun's order.

"Not eating?"

Jiyong shook his head.

"So huh, why weren't you at the ceremony?" Seunghyun asked between two bites of ice cream.

"I thought you wouldn't want me there... Your family and your older friends were there so..."

"Ji, you know you're practically like family. And these people are not my friends, they're just classmates. I was sad when you didn't show up."

"I'm sorry hyung... Not only for today, but for the last few months as well..."

"It's alright. You wanted space, nothing wrong with that... It's just that I'm leaving really soon and we didn't spend a lot of time together these past few months."

"W-when are you leaving?"

"Thursday... I know three days will never make up for the three months we spent away... That's why we should spend the next three days together."

Jiyong smiled at that. 

"Let's start tonight. Come over and have dinner with my family."

"I tell you I didn't come to your graduation ceremony because I didn't want to in and you invite me to have dinner?"

"Ji, I bet my mom's already making an extra portion for you. Come on, let's go."

Author's note

Sorry... crappy chapter >__<

Crappy week.

Crappy life

I promise the next one will be better :3

And longer.

Not satisfied with this... But I'm so tired these days... 

Goodnight!