thisonehasnotitleeithersorryhehe

Retrouvailles

"Well, it's getting late. I should probably head home."

"Oh... You're staying at your parents'?"

"No, I found a place in Jongno. I like it there, better than Gangnam anyways."

"Going traditional I see."

"Hm, yeah. How about you? You were so eager to live alone, don't tell me you're still at your parents'."

"I moved out a few years ago and had few roommates but I live alone now."

"Is that an invitation?"

Finally, a smile.

"Ah, hyung...Y-you'll call me soon, ne? It's weird seeing you again... It feels surreal. You were gone for so long and all of a sudden you're back..."

"I promise it'll never happen again. I'll call you later this week, okay? "

"I hope you keep your promises."

"You know I always do. Come on, give me a hug."

Seunghyun opened his arms to Jiyong but was taken aback when he felt the younger one's weight push him backwards and give him the tightest hug ever. They stayed like that for a while. On the sidewalk. Until Seunghyun felt something wet on his shoulder.

"You left me alone. You were everything I had, yet you decided to leave me all alone." Jiyong said between sniffles and cries.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm here now. Ji, if you knew how much I wanted to contact you and-"

"But you didn't. No, you chose to isolate yourself from everyone and everything. And then you come back and expect things to be just like when you left? Things changed. I changed." Jiyong was now looking at Seunghyun with red eyes full of tears. 

"I'M SORRY OKAY?" Seunghyun yelled. He knew he had no right to be angry but he couldn't help it.

"I know my reaction to your confession wasn't the best but try to understand. Your best friend tells you he loves you, not as a friend, but as a lover. I got scared. I knew that deeply inside I liked you too Ji, but I was't ready to face it. I couldn't face the truth. I didn't want to. So yes, I ran away. But trust me, I never meant to hurt you."

There was a long silence before Jiyong took a deep breath and finally said something.

"We're both fools, aren't we? I tried to forget you by hooking up with some married guy and you ran away from your feelings. Can we be happy now? Why can't we just live happily ever after?" Jiyong sighed, resting his cheek on Seunghyun's chest.

"Because life is not made to be lived happily ever after. We make mistakes and we get hurt only to enjoy the happy moments even more ." Seunghyun calmy said, slowly Jiyong's hair.

"I say we made enough mistakes and got hurt long enough. I want my happy moments to begin now..."

"You're so cute when you pout. And I say you come over to my place. How's that? I need help with all those boxes."

"A-alright... But I came here by foot, so we need to use your car."

"Hop in then."

The ride to Seunghyun's house was silent but pleasant. Some glances were exchanged and a smile or two appeared  on their faces. When they arrived at Seunghyun's house, Jiyong was already asleep.

"Yah, Jiyong, wake up. We're here"

"U-uh? Oh, yeah." Jiyong yawned and ruffled his hair before getting out of the car.

The house was just like one of those traditional Korean houses; wooden gates and wall, rooms on the sides, leaving a roofless garden in the middle.

"This beats Gangnam's skyscrapers anytime. Omo, we have so much work to do though! Look at all your stuff!"

"Yeah, I know... And we have to clean too."

"Aigo, what did I get myself into..."

And just like that, they started unboxing. 

Throughout the years, Seunghyun traveled a lot. Most of the boxes contained books in various languages.

"Woah hyung, did you read all these?"

"Anyeo, it's just that I bought books in every country I visited. Once I retire, I'll spend more time on learning other languages."

"Pff, don't talk about retirement. You're only twenty-seven! By the way, you didn't tell me where you worked! Or in what field."

"I'm teaching Social Sciences at Sungkyunkwan University. I'm starting next week, so I hope we can spend some time together this week before I start working." Seunghyun answered with a smile.

"Of course you'd get a job near your house... So you can sleep more in the morning."

"How'd you figure it out!"

"Aigooo, what a child! And I'd love to spend more time with you but I'm working all day."

"It's more fun at night anyways, right?"

"H-hyung, what are you saying..." Jiyong blushed at Seunghyun's comment.

"Joke, joke... Come on, let's finish our job!"

"Yeah..."

And they did. After hours of cutting tape, opening boxes, placing objects on shelves, dusting, moving furniture arround, cleaning and making sure everything was at it's place, the two men collapsed in the living room.

"I'm not moving. Ever. Again."

"And I'm not helping you. Ever. Again."

They stayed there, panting, until Jiyong turned his head only to see a box with the FRAGILE mention all over it.

"Hyunnie, I'm afraid we still have one box to go."

"Hm? Oh."

Oh. 

That box.

 

Author's note

Hi! Sorry I wasn't there for like two weeks...

I'm sososososo sorry ):

After BIGBANG's concert I got a HUGEEEEEEE post-concert depression and a writer's block.

So yeah, I'm back now :)

FULL GTOP MODE.

Don't worry, I should update this week.

And make the next chapters longer... (Yes, I know they're pretty short...) 

It took me a whole day to write this one lol

I'm so slow... Please forgive me! 

Please leave comments <3

I love reading them :)