Chapter 6

My Anonymous Admirer

"Wow.. Noona!"
I turned around as my lightly waved hair bounced along, as it rested on my bare shoulders. I smiled as I looked at my brother, Hyunseong as he walked in my room admiring me.
"Thanks Hyun!" I ruffled his hair as he chuckled and sat down on my bed.
"Do I really look okay?" I asked him as I fiddled at the end of my dress, which was just above my knees. 
He stood up and examined me once more. "No.."
I pouted and was about to speak up when he ran out of my room. A few seconds later, he came back holding a small red box. 
"I was going to give it to you on your birthday, but I figured you need it now." 
He handed me the red box. I carefully opened it, revealing a silver swarovski necklace. I looked up at him as he smiled cheekily.
"Hyun..This must've cost tons!" I exclaimed as tears threatened to fall down. 
He chuckled, "Noona, I have a job, unlike you."
I laughed and slightly punched his arm, "Whatever. Thanks bro."
He took the necklace and put on me. "Now, you look really pretty!" 
I laughed and was about to say something when we were interrupted by my mother's voice.
"Jin-ah! Your boyfriend is here! He's really handsome!" She squealed.
I rolled my eyes and so did Hyunseong. Only both of us knew what kind of person that byuntae is.

I wore my heels and followed Hyunseong down the stairs. I looked up and saw Baekhyun, all..handsome. I didn't even know it was possible.
His mouth was agape as his eyes travelled up and down.
"Poopface." I greeted him with a blank expression.
He stood still, no words coming out of his mouth. What's wrong with him?
"Um. You..Y-You look b-beautiful.." He mumbled quietly.
Did I just hear what I just heard? THE Byun Baekhyun, MY enemy, just call me beautiful? 
"Are you okay?" I asked, taking notice of his unusual behaviour.
He ignored my question as he suddenly looked at my mother and father, "I will take her home before midnight."
My parents smiled and nodded, "Take care of our daughter. We trust that you will be a gentleman to her, alright?"
He obediently nodded like a puppy, and placed his hands around my waist gently, making me stiffen from the sudden contact. 
"We'll going now, Mr and Mrs. Kim."
He bowed to them and gestured me to go, "Um, bye umma! bye appa! See you at the dance Hyun!" I waved to my family and entered Baekhyun's expensive looking car.

 

The drive was surprisingly silent, but it wasn't awkward. I actually enjoyed the fact that poopface didn't utter a single word. 
We entered the dance hall with Baekhyun's arm around my waist. 
"Take your hands off me please." I stated calmly to him as I looked up, meeting eyes with him.
He scoffed, "As you wish, milady." He roughly removed his hands around my waist and tucked his hands in his pockets.
We walked towards our table as he started to speak, "I haven't heard a compliment from you since we saw each other. I'm waiting..?" He crossed his arms as he walked beside me.
I laughed sarcastically, "Like that'll happen."
He suddenly became quiet again. Geez. Baekhyun is really strange tonight. I felt guilty and spoke, "Fine. You're handsome tonight. Just tonight."
"I knew you'll crack. You can't resist my irresistable charms."
I scoffed, "Conceited much."
We were suddenly interrupted when a loud squeal bursted beside me. Chaerin was running towards me, dragging a completely uninterested Chen. Although, what caught my attention was how they were linked; Chen's hand was intertwined with Chaerin's. I'm going to discuss it with her later.
Hyerim on the other hand was with Chanyeol. They were sitting in our table as they continued talking, oblivious to their surroundings and stuck in their own little world. 
Yixing was sitting beside Chanyeol, with his girlfriend, Huiyan beside him. On Huiyan's other side was Suho who was with his younger cousin. I think her name was Minhee? I'm not particularly sure. 
"You look gorgeous!" Chaerin squealed once more.
I laughed, "You too!"
She shook her hand off Chen to hook arms with mine, but before she could link her arms, Chen took her hands once again and held onto it.
Chaerin glared at him while he blankly stared at her. He gave me a slight smile and pulled Chaerin back to the table.
"Hey Soo- Little bum."
"What?"
"Why are you just standing?"
I stared at him in confusion. He sighed and suddenly took my hands and pulled me to the table. 
I quickly retrieved my hands away from him and sat down on the chair beside Hyerim. 
Baekhyun looked disappointed but still sat down beside me. 
I looked around the dance hall to find Luhan, but he wasn't in sight. There were two empty seats between Baekhyun and Chaerin.

 

We ate our dinner that was served and every one had already proceeded to the dance floor after resting themselves from the feast.
Still, no sign of Luhan.
I was about to get up and actually look for him when someone's hand appeared in front of me.
I looked up and saw Baekhyun smiling at me, "Care to set aside our hatred for each other and dance?"
I chuckled and shook my head, "No thanks."
He sighed and suddenly grabbed my hand pulling me up from my seat, "Ya! Poopface! I said-"
"I won't take no for an answer, Kim Soojin."
For some reason, the way he said my name gave me a pleasant feeling. I didn't bother arguing as we stood in the middle of the dance floor with other couples slow-dancing around us.
"I don't know how to slow dance." I bluntly said to him. I was about to walk away when he pulled me back, "Lies. You've been to the dances 3 times, and I've seen you slow dance with Yook Sungjae, then Woohyun sunbae, and that..that Kim Myungsoo."
I looked at him in surprised. How the heck did he know the guys I went to the dances with?
"How did-"
"Just put your hands on my shoulders."
"Answer me first."
"Everyone knew the girl who went with their oppas." He scoffed as he forcefully took my hands and placed it on his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around me as a tingling sensation suddenly swept through me.
We started swaying to the music as I stared into his eyes. I never actually took notice how good looking he actually is.
"You're such a player." My thoughts were cut off by his voice.
"What?" I asked.
He chuckled, "You actually went with kingkas in all the dances. Sungjae, Woohyun sunbae and Myungsoo, and now, me."
I raised my eyebrow at him, "You? A kingka?"
"Don't deny it."
"Fine."
"I think I know why those guys went with you though. I saw what they saw too."
I looked up at him suspiciously, "Well, obviously because my brother is one of them? Duh?"
"Nope, because they knew that you are a simply, ama-"
He was cut off when a familiar voice spoke, "May I borrow Kim Soojin to dance with me?"
My eyes widened as Luhan smiled angelicly with his hand out.
"No-"
"Yes. You may." I suddenly spoke up, letting go of Baekhyun.

Luhan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. My heart beated like crazy.
"What are you doing here?" I whispered quietly, avoiding his gaze.
"My date stood me up."
I looked up at him, "What!?"
He chuckled, "Kidding."
"Well? What actually happened?" I asked as we swayed slowly.
"She got back together with her boyfriend and went with him. So, now I'm alone."
I pouted, "First time a kingka got stood up huh?"
He laughed, "I'm not a kingka. Well, at least I don't consider myself to be one."
I smiled at him, "You're too humble."
"I'm not!" His voice shook as it mixed with a chuckle.


We danced all night, completely locked out from the rest of the world. But it soon ended and we went back to the others.
"Where's Baekhyun? He was supposed to take me home." I asked Chen who had Chaerin sleeping, her head resting on his shoulder. He had his arms around her, covering her with his jacket.
"He left early. He seemed out of it." He replied.
I nodded, slightly disappointed he didn't tell me.
"I'll take you home." Luhan offered.
"Thanks." I replied as he took off his blazer and wrapped it around me. "Um, it's cold outside." He said nervously.

 

"Thanks for taking me home Luhan." I replied as I took off his blazer and handed it back to him.
"Keep it. You can return it to me next time." He smiled.
He was about to say something to me as he stepped closer, our faces coming closer and closer.
"Little bum."
I stumbled backwards away from Luhan as I turned around and saw Baekhyun, sitting on my front porch.
"B-Baekhyun?!"
Luhan stood awkwardly and waved, "Hey Baek."
Baekhyun nodded, "Sup Lu."
"Hey, Jin, I'll be going now. I'll see you whenever I do?" He laughed and pulled me close to him. He suddenly placed a kiss on my forehead, "Bye." With that he went in his car and drove off.

I stood there frozen in place. He kissed me.
Luhan kissed me.
"I'm still here you know." Baekhyun interrupted my thoughts and pulled me to him.
"I-I..Lu..Luhan just.."
"Whatever. I don't care. Come on."
He dragged me towards my house as he rang the doorbell, revealing my parents. 
"Just in time." My dad spoke and gestured us, "Come in."
"No thank you, Mr. Kim. I'll be leaving now." He bowed to leave but my parents insisted. He ended up staying.
We both sat on the couch while parents were in the kitchen preparing tea.

"Why were you here?" I asked him, slightly angry that he just left the dance.
"You're my date, and I promised your parents that I would take you home myself."
"Then why did you leave the party?"
"I felt sick and claustrophobic." He replied simply. Lie.
"Stop lying and tell me what actually happened." I replied as I leaned back on the couch.
"It doesn't matter what my reason is." 
"Uh, yeah, it does matter to me.
"Whatever."
I scoffed in defeat, "Fine. Suit yourself. I'm heading upstairs."

I stood up from the couch when he pulled me back down, "I'm your guest here little bum. Don't be rude and entertain me."
"Entertain your , Byun Baekhyun."
I stood up once more but was pulled back down again. 
"You can't leave me here." He said, pretending to be sad.
I felt myself burn up. I hate his sick games right now. 
"You left me in the party alone. So why can't I leave you here alone?" 
I stood up as he didn't say anything. I was about to take a first step on the stairs when he spoke, "You weren't alone. Luhan was there and took you away. You left me alone for him. So don't go on saying that I left you in the party in the first place."
He was right. I felt guilt engulf me. I turned around and he was standing up. 
"Baekhyun, you're making us sound like a couple. Well, we're not and I'm sure you know that."
He completely ignored my statement, "Tell your parents I have an urgent family matter at home and that I have to leave right now."
"Yah! Byun Baekhyun!" I slightly yelled, but not loud enough for my parents to hear.
He put on his shoes and opened the door as he held onto his blazer.
"Poopface!" I called out once more.
He didn't turn back and closed the door with a slam.

I stood in the middle of the living room, feeling guilty about what just happened.
Even if I wasn't on good terms with Baekhyun, we never had an actual fight like this...ever.



 


PWAHA. Just a little drama. More brighter chapter next time, i promise.
Thanks for commenting and subscribing!

 

A/N: 
Hyungseong is 1 year younger than Soojin, if any of you are wondering. ^^