Chapter 5

My Anonymous Admirer

Oh dear me. It's that time of the year. 
The annual dance before Christmas break. 

This year, it's the girl's turn to ask the guys to the dance, not the other way around. Last year, it was the guy's turn. It's a rotation kind of thing. In my first year, my classmate Yook Sungjae asked me. In my second year, I asked my senior crush, Nam Woohyun. Praise the Lord, he said yes to me out of all the girls; and last year, my brother's friend, Kim Myungsoo asked me. Of course, I said yes to the pretty boy even if he was my hoobae. 


And this year? I'm not going because I realized how stupid this school event is.

 

~

"You HAVE to go!" Chaerin whined as she shook my hand violently. Hyerim simply pouted as she played with the pages in her book, "Come on Jin! It's my first year here, and I can't go to the dance with just Chaerin!"
I sighed as I felt bad for Hyerim but I couldn't give in just yet.
"Come on! Please!"
I groaned, "I don't know who to ask!"
They suddenly looked at each other as their eyes twinkled. They simuntaneously turned their heads at me, "Luhan."

~

It was finally lunch time and I headed to my locker, only to find another letter. Oh gosh, why?
I pulled it out and opened it,

Kim Soojin,
           It's the annual school dance.. It that it's the girl's turn to ask, since I wanted to ask you myself. I hope we could go together, but it'll be unlikely. :(
If it's not me, then I hope the lucky guy will treat you well tonight.
                               - :)

 

I just stared at the letter in front of me, as I held onto the lollipop that came along with it. For some reason, I'd rather go to this anonymous creeper of mine. Although, I think Luhan would be alright if I asked him right? Just..as friends.
I headed to the cafeteria only to find Hyerim sitting beside Chanyeol with Chaerin sitting in front of them watching them with a disgusted look. I guess Hyerim is going with Chanyeol then.
"Hey guys." I mumbled as I sat down.
"Guess who I'm going with?" Hyerim squealed as she held onto Chanyeol's arm who was smiling from ear-to-ear.
"That treacherous, big mouthed, giraffe?" I gritted my teeth at Chanyeol whose eyes widened.
I saw Chaerin mouth at Chanyeol saying You're Dead.
She's damn right. I suddenly stood up as I smacked the table, towering over Chanyeol and Hyerim who looked frightened as hell.
"Yah, calm down-" Chanyeol stuttered.
"YOU. BIG. MOUTHED-"
I was suddenly cut off when Chen suddenly arrived as he stood beside our table. 
"What do you want Chaerin?" He asked in an uninterested tone. 
Chaerin scoffed, "Nothing, go away."
"YAH. Chanyeol said you wanted to ask me something. Ppalli before the creepy girls get me." He replied in a monotone voice.
Chaerin glared at Chanyeol but decided to go along with it anyways, "Go to the dance with me."
Chen simply stared at her and nodded, "Okay." With that he walked away and back to the EXO table.
"I'll kill you later." Chaerin shot Chanyeol a glare causing him to flinch back.

By the end of the day, I found out who was going with who.
Hyerim with Chanyeol, Chaerin with Chen, Suho with his younger cousin and Yixing with his girlfriend. I need to move quick. Or else Luhan will be taken.
It was already next class and I was planning to ask Luhan. Maybe.

 

~
"Why aren't you going?" Baekhyun continued asking me, and I refused to answer. It has been 30 minutes in the class and he wouldn't shut up.
"I don't want to!" I mumbled incoherently as I buried my face in my books.
"You have to go."
"No."
"Why?"
"I don't know who to ask!"
"Ask anybody."
"No"
"You have to go! It'll be boring without a little bum there." He mumbled.
"No"
He suddenly pulled me up by my shoulders, forcing me to sit up.
"Ask me." 
I suddenly shot my eyes at him. I stared at his face that had a smirk plastered on it.
I bursted into laughter, "You're kidding right?! AHAHAHAHHAA-"
My laughter subsided when I saw Luhan entering the class with a bunch of girls clinging onto him, asking him out to the dance. He'll probably go with one of them.
I sighed in disappointment as I realized I never even had a chance with Luhan.
"I'm not that bad.." I heard Baekhyun mumble.
I must be crazy and suicidal.
"Fine. I'll go with you."
Baekhyun suddenly smirked, "You have to ask me."
I gritted my teeth as I forced the words out of my mouth, "Byuntae Baekhyun, Will you go the dance with me?"
"No."
I widened my eyes, "YAH WHAT THE HE-"
"I'm just kidding. Of course little bum, I'd love to."
He stood up from the chair beside me with a smile not a smirk, and made his way to his original seat. He suddenly stopped and turned around, "Oh, and be sure to announce it to the whole class. Right. Now."
"NO!" I yelled in frustration, earning looks from my classmates.
He raised his eyebrows at me, gesturing me to go on.
"Everybody! Our Soojin has something to say." He smirked and sat down as everyone looked at me.
I groaned, "Poopface will be going to the dance with me.." I quickly sat down in embarrassment as sighs and complaints of disappointment of girls filled the room.


Author's POV

His heart dropped as soon as he heard Soojin announce it.
He wanted to go with Soojin. He was hoping she would ask him.

Soojin had caught his eye ever since they met. She was different from other girls and he simply loved it when she would talk to him if she had the chance.
He smiled at the thought of Soojin but reality struck him as he heard a random girl beside him, "Oppa, will you go to the dance with me?" She asked as her eyes glittered. She wasn't as pretty as Soojin, nor as smart as Soojin. But he didn't care already. 
He simply nodded without giving a smile or emotion, but the girl didn't mind since she already  got the answer she wanted.

Next time Soojin. He thought as he looked at her one more time before sitting down with his seatmate who had a huge smile plastered on his face.

 


Yeah, so, sorry for the messy chapter. It's 11pm right now and my mind isn't quite right. haha.
It's easy to know who the person is at the last part of the chapter right? ahhaha. Next chapter will be the actual party! Please look forward to it~!

Who actually like the BaekJin couple? hahaha more of them next chapter :3