Better Off

Key to Your Heart

***Your POV***

 

"Baby, please tell me, why are you being like this?" Key sighed heavily, he's been trying to talk to you. 

You've been ignoring him for the past two weeks, you thought he'd just be fed up with you and break up with you. Apparently, after that big fight you had two nights ago, here he is, standing in front you, looking so helpless like never seen before. 

"I told you, we're over" you fold your arms, keeping your guard in front of him

"We're over? that's all you have to say?" he doesn't sound satisfied with yout answer, of course. 

"yeah, what do you want me to say anymore?" 

He took a step closer to you and grabbed your arm, "Take back what you said, you don't know what you're saying." He looked straight into your eyes, if not for your stubborn being, you'd feel his stare drilling holes into your eye sockets. 

'Keep yourself together ______!' you told to yourself. 

"I've had enough, Kibum!" you raised your voice, trying to get away from his grip. He looked taken aback a bit, he knew when you start calling him by his real name, Kibum, you are no where near joking. 

"Can't you see? We're growing apart, we've been drifting apart from each other. We're or I think I am just only holding onto something that's definitely not there anymore. I don't know what you've been doing, where are you going, what are you thinking, it's like you've become a stranger to me now. You and celebrity lifestyle, we knew it won't be easy since the first time. But that difference is getting bigger now, you have your own circle now. It feels like you're out of my reach now." your inner self is still trying so hard not to break in front of him.

"Well?" you didn't realize that your voice has gone to another level

"What are you saying right now. We're always like that and we're fine. I know we've been apart recently, but...why now?" 

"How long do you think I can keep on being like this...." 

"Baby, please...I'm sorry I've not been good to you, I love you ok? I'm sorry, please don't go" He wrapped you in his arms from behind, you froze in his embrace. He buried his head in the crook of your shoulder. 

You turn around to face him. There's such great sadness in his eyes.

"No, that's enough. Do you know I had sleepless nights, just thinking about my insecurities when we're together. I loved you, but I can't keep going on like this. I loved you so much, till it hurts. If you do love me, please let me go. I do not wish you to keep forcing yourself to try so hard." Your voice quivered, a tear rolled down your face.

"Why are you talking in the past?" Key wiped your tears away, his act made you cried even harder. You're going to miss him so much, his kindness, his thoughtful acts, his blunt words and straight-forwardness. Yes, those are all sweet memories. 

"Because it is the past, I loved you, Kibum" You stood on your toes and lean on to kiss his lips for one last time. 

 

***Key's POV***

"Because it is the past, I loved you, Kibum" she said and she kissed me. It was bittersweet. She lingered for a bit before we break apart. 

That moment, I know everything is over, there's no turning back to the way things were before.

"Okay, I'll let you go. I know I haven't been the best for you. My words were cold and flat, you deserve better. I'm sorry for every tears I caused you. If only I could be so selfish and keep you by my side, but I know what would come out of love that doesn't exist anymore." 

Stupid me, now she's crying even worse. I can feel my shirt is wet from her tears. 

"I'll miss you a lot....I hope that one day, you can look back at us and smile at the happy memories we had. I was happy, thank you.." I tightened my embrace on her as a tear slipped off my face.

---

"Are you OK now?" I let go of my embrace, it feels like a part of me is gone. 

She sniffed and wiped her cheeks, "I'll be OK from now on" 

"Good, if you're sad, you're still not used to being alone, you need someone to talk to, I'm always around. I'm always here for you until you're ok, you can stay by my side as long as you want." I prepare myself to leave, she choked a tear, I know she might cry again.

"I can go by myself, you don't have to send me." I wore my shoes, she stood at the door.

"I will always love you, _________, please be happy. Goodbye" I kissed her forehead and left.

I didn't leave after the door shuts. I stood behind that door for quite a while. I knew she's still there....on the other side of this door, slouching on the floor, hugging her knees, crying. 

It hurts me to see her tears, well at least she didn't know that I cried more than her. It'll hurt her evenmore, it's okay if I'm the only one hurting. 

She's better off without me...

 

=========================================================================================================================

Wishing you a blessed christmas and new year!

Happy holiday!