One Fine Day

Key to Your Heart

(The timeline in this story is not continuous from one chapter to another, I told you in the forewords didn't I ;D)

NOTICE : since this chapter takes time somewhere in the future, we don't know what will happen. I don't know how SHINee members will act in this kind of situation. These stories are fictional and for entertainment purposes. I hope you read them with open mind, ok? Names of OCs are also fictional, you can insert whoever's name in this chapter.)

10 years later ...

 

***Taemin's POV***

"Kyaaaaaa Taemin-oppaaaaaa!!!!!!" I smiled and waved back to the screaming fans as the security and my bodyguard ushered me to my car.

"Thanks hyung" I rolled down the window, and slowly pulled back. 

"Don't mention it!"

I zoomed off to the busy streets of Seoul, it's been 15 years since SHINee's debut and I'm really thankful that our fans are still as enthusiastic as ever. SHINee is still going strong, we'll be having our 15th year anniversary concert soon. ((A/N : I'm thinking SHINee is like SHINHWA now, they're working independently now, not under contract management anymore)) it's been a while huh? I feel like they've grown with us together. This path isn't easy, you know.

Onew hyung released a solo album after he came out from the army, he's planning on a new drama at the end of this year.

Jonghyun hyung now worked as a producer and song-writer, I guess he really lives up to his dreams huh? He has a solo album on his own as well ^^ he's been on and off with girls, I've always known that he's a womanizer, I just never thought that it's up to this point.

Minho hyung made it to the A-list actors now, his fans kept growing more and more day by day. I think the whole nation cried and wished him good luck and he went to the army last time.

Me? I'm still Lee Taemin ^^ well I've been doing this and that. I lend my voice to some drama and film OST, I shoot 1-2 dramas these few years. I still think dancing is like walking to me. But, I've fallen head over heels for Eunsook recently, she's my Juliette. Frankly speaking, I'm rather worried, I'll have to go to the army soon, and I'll have to leave my baby Eunsookie. But I believe in faith! Key hyung and ________ noona made it through all of that.

Can you believe it? Key hyung is still going strong with ________ noona. Their relationship is like...almost as long as china's great wall! They had ups and downs but well they're still together. We told Key hyung that he should just get married already, I'm sure the fans would understand his decisions. He was hesitating a few times because : one, he had to go to the army, two, about SHINee.

Key hyung is a TV personality, he often comes out on TV shows... well you can say he's an entertainer indeed. He still loves fashion as he always does. He collaborated with a few designers/brand and launched a clothing line on his own. _______ noona works as a freelance interior designer now, she was the one who helped Key hyung designed his store at Apgujeong. They've went separate ways a few times but somehow they got back together again.

Speaking of which...isn't that Key hyung? I stopped my car at the side. I saw an familiar looking guy with hat and Sunglasses looked around as if he's scared that he's busted ... in front of a jewelry store?!? Well Jonghyun hyung once told me there's only one reason a guy would go sneakily into a jewelry store....

I quickly texted the other hyungs, oh they're going to like this....

---

***Author's POV***

"Good morning, sir, what can we help you with?" said the shopkeeper.

Key nodded but said nothing, he looked around and he found the rings section. 

"Are you looking for rings, sir? we have some varieties to choose from." the shopkeeper tried to be friendly to this odd looking customer. Key said nothing but wander around each display window.

"Yah who's that?" said one of the shop keeper to her friend.

"I don't know, he hasn't said a word. Could he be a psycho or something?"

"Aniya, he must be a celebrity."

Key just kept looking around, ignoring the two shopkeeper. He might looked calm as still water but inside he's no different than shaken soda water.

Key was so focused on looking at the display he didn't realize who walked into the store..

"I think this looks like a nice one." a deep voice interrupted Key's focus. 

"WHAT THE F---FUdge are you doing here!" Key yelled when he looked whose voice it was.

"Hyung, hyung, I think this is nice" Taemin called over his hyung to one side of the store.

"Oh Taemin-ah that's nice." Jonghyun replied.

Key was speechless, he looked extremely baffled at s' presence at the shop.

"Oh key! Finally huh?" Onew appeared out of nowhere and tapped his dongsaeng's shoulder.

"Why are you guys here!!!!!! I can't believe this oh my goooood. I can't even shop at peace?!?" Key nearly pulled out all of his hair.

"This is a public place, Kibum. Shut up" Jonghyun retorted.

Meanwhile, Minho has bribed the shopkeepers not to tell anyone about this. He took photos with them and give them autographs.

Key has no choice besides to bear with s. "Well since you all are already here, hurry up and help me pick something!"

"What about this one? this is pretty" Jonghyun suggested, a golden ring with stones.

"She doesn't like gold, hyung." Key shook his head.

"Well ok, this one is nice!" Taemin pointed to a silver ring filled with ornaments.

"Nah, she likes something simple. That's too much" said Key.

"Should I buy this for Eunsookie than?" said Taemin to himself.

"Kibum-ah, what about this one? _______ likes blue right?" Onew suggested a silver ring with a heart shape sapphire on it.

"....err I don't think that's her, you know like...it's not her style" To be honest, Key is almost desperate himself on which ring to buy for _______. He wanted everything to be perfect.

"I think this is pretty good" said Minho after thinking for a while.

"Yeah, it's pretty too!" Jonghyun approached Minho to look closely at the ring.

"Not bad, lemme take a look" Key was going to take a look at it but his eyes spotted the one, the perfect ring ; or so he thought.

All the boys gathered around Key, "Ooh its pretty!" Taemin exclaimed.

"It's simple, but pretty, isn't it? The diamond's also not so big." Key asked the shopkeeper to take it from the display window.

"Yeah, I think it matches ________ well" Onew replied.

"well if you say so...are you sure?" Jonghyun commented.

"You know her the best among us, so you think about it Kibum" said Minho.

....after a few minutes of discussion. "Yap! I'm buying this one! wrap this one please" Key beamed with glee.

"Woohoo!!! Someone's getting it hot tonight" Jonghyun whistled.

"You're getting married Kibummie!!!! Aaaaaaaaa I cannot believe this" Minho shook Key with all his might, and the rest of the boys joined the fun.

"In the end it is you who's going to be taken first, I'm happy for you" Onew smiled and hugged Key as well.

---

Later on that night...

***Your POV***

"Thanks for the dinner, Key" you thanked him when you're in his car. He smiled back at you, "No problem, baby"

"Say, are you doing anything after this? I mean do you have unfinished work or something" Key asked hesitantly.

"Hmm, not really, why ask?" you still not knowing a single thing.

"Good, we'll make a detour before I drop you back home, ok?" Key winked, you shrugged, maybe he's in a good mood or something.

He parked his car and opened the door for you. He brought you to a private place (think of a place ok xD you decide it, either a park or the beach or Han river or anywhere, I just can't decide on where :P)

"What are we doing here?" you're starting to get suspicious with your boyfriend. It's not your birthday, it's not his. It's not your anniversary as well. Probably something good came up on his side? you don't know but you decide to just go with the flow.

"Nothing, I just want to spend more time with you....in private." Key leaned against his car hood, he motioned you to come forward.

"Oh? really?"

Key chuckled, "______-ah you don't trust me?"

You rolled your eyes and come to stand beside him,he put an arm around your shoulder.

"The sky is pretty clear today,huh?" he looked up to the sky and see a few twinkle on the night sky.

"Uh-huh" you leaned to his shoulder, feeling his warmth, you don't know where is this leading to. But you liked this moment right now.

Key sighed, "I can't believe it's been 15 years since I debuted, which means it's almost 14 years for us?"

"I know, time does flies fast, huh?"

"We've come a loooong way. There are times when we fight and go towards different directions. There are times when I hurt you, when I yelled at you and make you cry. I was hurting too back then. But of all things, you put up with me, you face each day with hardships together with me, you didn't back out even though I'm an idol which means, obstacles are in our every way." Key sounded like he nearly cried but he wasnt, when you looked up to him.

"Kibum?" you moved so that you're standing in front of him, he held your hand and gazed to your eyes deeply. (Your insides are turning into jelly at the moment keke)

"I...I just wanted to say how thankful I am to have you. Thank you for waiting while I was away, thank you for coming back to me, thanks you for everything." He pulled you into a hug.

"Surprised?" Key asked you, he pretended a chuckle cause you know he nearly shed a tear.

"Yeah, why are you saying all of this?" Key let you off, "Why? I can't say things like this to my girlfriend? and speaking of surprises I have something for you, I hope you'll like it." He went to the car and took out a something.

Key is indeed a sweet guy but you hadn't known why until.....he put a blue velvet box in your hands.

"Kibum?" your brain can't quite process this.,.

Instead of answering you, he handed you a card

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 You rarely cried when you watch movies or read a book but your eyes started tearing when you read the card.

When Key noticed you had finished reading the card, Key took the box and opened it, he kneeled down cheekily. You nearly laughed at him, so cute.

"___________, I know I'm not the most handsome guy or the richest or the most perfect guy in the world. I'm not even a romantic guy seeing how you almost laughed when I kneeled down, but....will you marry me?"

Your eyes started tearing again out of happiness when he said those four words.

You kneeled down to hug him, he brought you up. "So, I take it as a yes?" he slipped the ring halfway to your finger.

You grinned, "Yes Kim kibum, yes I will marry you." Key kissed you as he slipped the ring all the way to your finger, you put your arms around his neck . You felt him smiling against your lips as you kissed. Key quietly shed a tear as well~

---

***Taemin's POV***

We're all very anxious to know what happen to Key hyung, so we decide to crash in Minho hyung's apartment. Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung were watching the TV when suddenly the dinosaur Jjong jumped and shouted. "IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!!!!"

All there of us gathered around him, Key send a photo via kakaotalk. A photo of him and ______ noona. Noona was showing the ring on her finger. Key hyung wrote : "you freaks better get your tux ready soon!"

==========================================================================================================================

GAAAAAAAAH hahahha I finished this china bridge long chapter!!!! Thanks for reading it, I'm sorry if I bore you but it'll spoil the fun if I divide it into 2 chapters.

I seriously have no idea about an ideal and romantic proposal, but actually I was inspired from a card I saw at a cake shop. The card says : This cake is for you because.... and it has all different sentences on the checklist and I thought it was very cute. So, Instead of a cake, I decide to change it into a ring.

What do you think? Leave a comment for me, pretty pleaseeee??? *Jonghyun's puppy eyes*

Well ok, I've been writing so much fluff for this story, I might be writing angst chapters after this.

See you soon! <3