Meeting

Change

Honestly, I haven't been sleeping well for the past couple days. I don't know what it is. My schedule is basically the same as always, in that it's constantly busy, but even when I get some time to rest, i'm just generally uneasy. It's getting really frustrating.

Ok, I'm lying, we both know the reason. It's Nicole. She hasn't been calling as regularly and it's freaking me out a little bit.

We still talk daily, but now it's more through texts than phonecalls and before she was always the one initiating it, now I'm the one doing it, and I don't like it. I was always more comfortable with our relationship when she relied on me more, but now she's taken it away from me, and somewhere inbetween it all, I started to rely on her. And the main problem is, is that I want to be her support. I know she's going through tons of issues with DSP and I just want to be the shoulder she leans on.

Because if she isn't using my shoulder, whose is she using?

Either way, today I'm going to be seeing her, a bunch of idols from SM and JYP are meeting up today just to hang out, probably most of the 91-liners, which means Nicole and Key will both be there. And so will my ideal girl, Seohyun. The 91-liner guys have been wanting her to join, Key, Dongwoon, Mir, and especially me. I mean, we're friends and we talk once in a while but I'd really like something more. She's just so smart and sweet, I just can't wait to spend some real time with her. Really get to know her, since I know she doesn't make friends with people outside her group easily and I'm already closer to her than any of the guys. So I hope that I can really talk to her this time, and really get to know her. And maybe if I can finally talk to her, I'll be able to put Nicole farther out of my mind.

All the 91-ers, or most of them at least, were able to get the rest of today off for their schedule's and were all meeting up to eat some samgyupsal, the cheapest meat we can buy. By the time I had showed up, Nicole and Key were already there, sitting next to each other. Granted everyone else was with them, it's not like they were secluded, but still. She brightened as soon as she saw me, motioning for me to come and sit with them but I was feeling petty so I ignored her and walked to Seohyun. She was up at the counter asking for another drink for herself. I joined her at the counter where she 90 degree bowed to me and so I did the same back, I had been hoping we were closer than that but apparently not yet. Since she had seen me coming she asked the man for another drink for me, the same as what she was getting. I didn't like that flavor very much, but it was definitely sweet of her to think of me. I accepted it with my trademark eye smile and lead her back to the table with everyone else.

There was a seat next to nicole open and two seats across from her and key. When me and Seohyun returned, Nicole looked up again and continued to motion next to herself, inviting me to join again. I diligently ignored her and saw her trade a look with Key, I really didnt like that. Now I was the reason they we communicating silently. Great. I pulled out one of the two chairs across from them for Seohyun and sat in the other one myself. Nicole called out to me, showing me that she had bought my favorite drink for me, before I had even got there. I liked that she had been thinking of me and I was about to accept it when Seohyun interrupted me and showed Nicole that she had bought something for me already. Nicole looked hurt and put the drink down while Key, always there to rescue her, took in her response and grabbed the drink and started to chug it down, making loud noises to make her laugh.

"Wow Cole-ah" he said between gulps, "this is the best drink I've ever tasted."

She laughed and smiled at him, happy that someone had appreciated her effort. I turned away from them, scowling, wishing Seohyun had just let me take it, but she didn't know the situation and I couldn't blame her. So I smiled at her and choked down the drink she got me, noticing Nicole and Key watching from the corner of my eye and smiling all the brighter for it. But after a few minutes of doting on Seohyun, I noticed that Nicole wasn't watching me anymore. I mean, I was trying to keep my attention on Seohyun but I just kept hearing their laughter. Everyone knows it when Key is laughing, you can't miss it, and Nicole was too. Her attention wasn't on me anymore, and I didn't know what to do. I tried to make myself completely focused on Seohyun but Nicole just kept popping up. I couldnt stop myself. Eventually I was able to immerse myself in Seohyun, she was as sweet as I remembered and liked to read and knit. It was in the middle of a conversation about knitting that Nicole interrupted to ask me a question, I admit I was a little bit relieved. She came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder. She asked me if I could take her home that night since none of her unni's could take her and her manager would be picking Hara up from a schedule.

"Why don't you have Key take you home?" I asked her. I knew I was being petty but I couldnt help it.

"He has a schedule tonight, plus I miss my best friend." She replied. I started to get angry at the first half of the sentence but softened at the second.

"Alright, no problem, I miss you too, just tell me when you're ready to go." I told her and she nodded about to add something when Seohyun called out to me to continue our conversation. I gave her an apologetic smile and turned away from her. It wasn't until about an hour and a half later that Seohyun finally decided that she wanted to go home. Don't get me wrong, I really liked talking to her, Iove her innocence, but I had been keeping my eye on Nicole and she had disappeared for the last 10 minutes and I was wondering where she had gotten to. After Seohyun had annouced that she was about to leave, I gave her my polite greeting and stood to go find Nicole, but Seohyun stopped me. She asked me to take her home. I was excited at the prospect, spending some alone time with her, but I knew I had already promised Nicole that I would take her too. Hopefully she was still having fun and would be OK waiting for me to go back. I told Seohyun that I would and asked her to wait a minute so I could get her jacket.

While I was getting her jacket I had to find Nicole to tell her, and I spotted her in a line at the bathroom. I quickly ran over to her and told her the situation. She smiled like she always does, and told me it was OK. But as I was walking away I saw her frown a little bit, when I asked her if everything was OK, she just asked me not to be late.

"And Jinwoon, don't forget about me OK?"

I just smiled and told her of course I wouldn't.

I went back out and gave Seohyun her jacket, helping her put it on and leading her outside. She lives close to where we were so we decided to walk there. While we walked we talked about a lot of things, nothing that really excited me but it was comfortable conversation and it was nice. Even though she may not be the most laid back person, I love her innocence and adorableness. Plus we're both the maknae's of our groups and could relate a lot on those points. When we got to her dorm she asked me if I was tired. I said I wasn't and she invited me to have some coffee with her at the coffee house across the street. I immediately agreed without thinking, liking the idea of spending even more time with her. When we went in there it was playing a song we both like and we began to talk about music. It was a subject we were both passionate about and we both got really involved into the conversation. After some time she yawned and said it was getting late. Saying that she needed to sleep soon. I laughed, thinking she was joking, saying how she sleeps so early...until I looked at my watch.

Two hours had passed since I had left the restaurant.

 

. I had forgotten about Nicole.

 

 

--

Author: First of all, sorry if the last one had seemed like a cliff hanger, totally unintentional. It was meant to be her filling him in on her life. Also- sorry guys, this chapter is kind of all over the place. Also, there isn't much direct Jincole interaction but that is half the fun.