First Realization

Change

Jinwoon POV

Nicole is over again.

It's still a little bit weird having a girl in our dorm but after Ga-in came over Nicole complained that she had never seen the inside of our dorm but Ga-in did. I tried to explain to her that it was for filming, so it wasn't something we could control, the camera crew had decided themselves to bring her in. She accepted that answer at first, but during our nightly phone calls she would bring it up occasionally like if I was describing something she would say, "If I had been there then I would already know what you were talking about." I didn't really mind though, I had no intentions of having her come over, we were really close but the scandal would be too much. And really, like I had told everyone 100 million times, we are not dating. It wasn't until Gyuri noona and Hara came over that she really insisted that she come over too. I mean I get that, it our other closest friends that generally cause the most tension in our relationship. Not that I'm so close to Hara but that show was pretty suggestive, as I'm sure the PD meant it to be.

I remember that day when they came over, it was the first time I really started to suspect that Hara liked me. Weeks before she had written that she wanted to be closer on their newest minialbum and I was ok with being friends. She was nice and funny and since she was in Kara too, I see her all the time when I visit Nicole. But that day she did my hair and was holding onto my sweatshirt, getting uncomfortable when we talked about how close I was with Nicole. I didn't really think anything of it but I wanted to about Nicole which is why I said that I liked Nicole better, it was also the truth. Either way, me and Hara definitely got closer around that time, which Nicole was ok with but didn't really like, especially since Nicole was under the impression that Hara was prettier. I never corrected her on this because we don't have a relationship where we can comfortably compliment each other.

But I didn't agree.

 

Anyway, Nicole was over, it was just her and me, Seulong hyung was sleeping in his room, he had schedules all day and had completely passed out as soon as he got back. Nicole brought over some snacks and we were eating as we watched strong heart. It was the most recent episode and Nicole was on with some of her other members. Nicole only took a few bites of food before she stopped and tucker her knees under her chin. I paused and looked at her, a little worried. It wasn't the first time that I had noticed and so I just asked her if she was planning on eating more. She said no and asked if I wanted what she left over. I shook my head and turned my head toward the TV where commercials were playing, so I seemed more nonchalant. I cleared my throat.

"Nicole"

"Oh?"

"Don't you think you should eat? You're thin enough now." She had lost a lot of weight for their Mister performance I knew, and that was fine, but it was getting a little scary. Nicole who loves food so much used to have to fight to not eat was now doing it so easily.

But she just laughed and said how she looks and feels so much better like this, and that people like her better this way. She also reminded me at how I used to make fun of her when she would constantly be on diets but never lose weight, and now that she has I was telling her to eat. She had a point there and I just smiled and conceded my point. But I never thought she needed to lose weight.

Strong heart was back on and we just watched it comfortably. At one point she rested her head on my shoulder like she often did when she was tired and we watched like that for a few minutes. It wasn't until a few minutes later that she suddenly sat up straighter and took her head off my shoulder, moving her legs so that they were crossed beneath her. I realized soon enough it was because her story was coming up, she turned to me half laughing in embarassment and told me that I would be surprised. For a second I thought it was going to be about me but then dismissed it because she would have warned me beforehand.

We watched together as she told her story about how an idol had told her to lose weight. I looked at her sharply and just smiled.

"Cole-ah" I whined, "people are going to think it's me again, why did you make that up?"

She laughed again and told me not to worry, that she didn't make it up and this time the person was revealed. My eyes widened as I wondered who had actually said something like that to her. It didn't take me long before I figured it out. And just as I realized I watched her on the TV almost fall to the floor laughing because someone had guessed it correctly.

"Key"

"Of course" She replied. We both chuckled, but I was a little bit bothered. Key was one of my best friends so no one knew better than me how blunt he could be but it was Nicole, another 91 line-er, I just didn't like her feeling bad. But still none of what had happened so far had bothered me as much as what she had said next. That Key was her closest friend. I knew it was just a TV show, but I also knew Nicole, so I knew that it was true. Key and her had been best friends before she had even met me. All three of us were best friends and spent a lot of time together but for some reason I didn't like it very much when they spent time alone together. It's not like I wanted to date her but I just didn't want her to like other guys more than me, because I didn't like any other girls more than her. A scandal had recently broken out with a picture of her and Key going to study together, she was going to be taking her SAT's soon for an American university. Key was considering taking them too, I didn't want to think about that very much.

But when the Nicole on screen smiled as she talked about Key being her best friend I just shut off the TV.

"What?" She asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Key is your best friend huh?" I said teasingly at her, making it seem as though I was saying they were together.

"Yahh, you know he is" she said smiling, "Just like you are."

I smiled for real now, more comfortable with this answer. "Then you should have said my name too,"

"How could I have?" she asked reasonably, "If I brought your name out of no where they would immediately think I liked you."

"Don't you?" I asked poking her in the side. She just hit me and laughed, we joked about this all the time, it was nothing new. But then she suddenly got a text and she got a huge smile on her face before she even read it. I knew it was Key, she always looked like that when she got a text from him. I looked over her shoulder to see what he wrote, and it wasn't anything big from anyone else but the emoticon that Key's friend's knew he reserved for girls he was interested in.

;)

 

--

 

Author: So sorry guys, this is rough and I don't know if I'll keep going with it. The date's of variety shows were intentionally rearranged and well, if you like it tell me and I'll probably continue.