In hopes you're on the other side.

When you got home

Note: You talking. Hyori talking. Your thoughts.


 

“…there was an accident. There’s a lot of blood, a person’s lying on the ground…”

“Miss, someone called for help already. Are you hurt?” You couldn’t reply back to the worried stranger. Nothing made sense, your head was a mess, and you could only stare at the lifeless Yukwon lying next to you.

The ambulance came and took Yukwon inside on a stretcher, while you just sat down on the side bench. Paramedics were trying to perform CPR on him when suddenly everything turned pitch black.

End of flashback.

You look in the mirror, almost finished getting ready to meet Hyori. Blow-drying your hair you noticed the light coming from your phone, “I’m downstairs. Want me to go up?” “I’m almost ready, five more minutes and I’ll be down. So, just wait there…”. Truth be told, you didn’t want her to see how messed up your apartment was, so she wouldn’t nag you, again.

After you pressed the elevator button, you lean against the wall just standing there blankly looking at the numbers showing that it was coming up. When the doors opened, the insides were full of blood. Shocked you looked around to see if there was somebody close, you just wanted someone to help you, but you weren’t even sure with what you needed help with. When you looked back inside it was normal again, hesitating you went inside.

Hyori was sitting on a bench close to your apartment building. “YAH!____-ah, couldn’t you at least have putted some nicer clothes? Maybe some make up too?” “I don’t think I look that bad. And I even brushed my hair so chill out. Let’s go then? Where are we going by the way?” ”Let’s go get some coffee first. I found this amazing place, it’s really good, especially your favorite. Still cappuccino, right?”. Lighting up a cigarette and taking a smoke, you let out an empty smile “I’m only drinking black now…” “I thought you hated black coffe. And when did you start smoking again?” “Yeah I used to, now I like it.” I hate it! “Some time ago, I can’t really recall when.”

Both of you started walking down the street, Hyori kept on talking about the past few days went for her, how work was hard and the clothes she saw, going on and on, but you weren’t really listening to it. You just looked at the sidewalk, then the sky, you would, sometimes, stare at her, on how Hyori had this many expressions to her.

“YAH! Stop! We’re here…” she said while looking at the you who kept on walking when she had stopped already, “Wait here, I’ll go get our drinks. Black, right?” “Yeah.” The place looked nice. It was quite, not that many people inside; the ones there were studying, listening to music or reading books. Why am I so amazed by it? Life hasn’t stopped, at least for most of them. “Should we go?” “Where?” “Let’s just keep on going, till we reach a nice park to sit.”

Hyori and you left the place and kept on your walking. “So, have you went there?” “Are you sure you want to go that way?” “You know… the boys have been asking for you…” “Hmmm, geurae?” “Hm! Minhyuk and JiHo are really worried about you. I’m not saying the others aren’t, but you know, JiHo is always worried about you…” “I’m sure of someone who isn’t. But I understand him.” “Pyo is worried too. He didn’t mean those words back then… he was just sad and worried.” “I’m not mad or anything at him. He was right… you can tell them that there’s nothing to worry about, I’m fine.”

Suddenly you hear honks and the sound of breaks. You immediately turn around. Nothing happened, just some car trying to scare a cat that crossed the road. When you noticed, Hyori was staring at you, “What?” “____. Are you sure you don’t need anything? That everything’s okay? Cause you sure don’t give off that image…” “I’m fine. Actually, thank you for your help this past few months. For pulling me out of the house a lot of the times, but I just sent some asks for part-time jobs. I’m really getting back to life. I’m fine.” I hope she believes it… maybe I’ll actually do that, but not for now. As long as she stops bugging me about the help thing. I said I was fine. I AM FINE. “If you say so…”

Some few steps ahead, you reached the park. “We’re here, isn’t it nice?” Hyori said while looking around, “Oh there they are… Hi guys!”


So, Hi there lovely readers~!

I know, as always I took forever to update, mian~

I tried to make something good, but i'm not fully satisfied with this chapter, but still I hope you like it~! I'm also trying to make this a longer story by making the members showing up, and mixing the memories and stories of the past with how they are living now, know what I mean?

 

Well, I hope you guys let me know how you felt about this and the overall if you feel like it~ Thank you!!