Until Death Does Us Part

Dreaming Of You.

 

Hyunwoo's Pov
 
"Le? Lena?" I called out my wife's name to find her sleep. "Maybe it was too much too soon." I said brushing her sweaty hair out of her face. I covered her with a blanket and smiled. I was finally married to the girl of my dreams. I laid back down and pulled her closer to me as I drifted off to sleep. A loud knock on the front door woke me from my slumber. I checked the time and it read 12:59 am. "Who the hell could this be?" I said pissed off. I slowly stood up and looked at the bed. "Le? Where are you?" I called out putting on pajama pants. I heard a commotion from the front of the house. "Daddy, will you please leave? I'm married now and I don't want nothin to do with you!" Lena shouted.
 
     I quickly pulled my pants all the way up and made my way to the living room. "Daddy? What are you doing?" Lena's voice sounded worried. I silently cursed myself for buying a large house and not being able to get to her quickly. "You not gonna leave me like ya mama did." He said pulling a trigger. "LENA!" I screamed as she dropped to the floor. I rushed over to her side and held her in my arms. Blood pooled from her head and covered me. "Lena! Wake up baby! Please! LENA! Don't leave me! Please wake up. Come on Yeobo, I need you." I screamed slipping in and out of English. Her eyes were vacant and she felt colder that I was used to. "Please give her back to me. Wake up Le. I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry. I'll do anything if you just wake up." I sobbed. I completely dropped the English and just rocked back and forth as I held her tightly in my arms. "Serves her right for picking a chink over her own damn family." He said giving her body a kick.. Something in me snapped as I gently laid my wife's lifeless body on our living room floor. I faced the man who had the nerve to call himself her father. "Oh? You want to die too chink? Is that it? want to join my of a daughter in hell?"
 
He said waving the gun in my face and laughing. I nodded my head and punched him in the face. He fell to the ground and groaned. I jumped on top of him and continued punching him until he stopped moving. "Oh my god! Help! Police! Someone help!" Someone screamed from the door. I ignored her and continued to beat Jimmy to death. I felt strong arms grab me and pull me back. I fought them off and lunged for him again. "Stop boy! What do you want to do? Kill the man?" A neighbor asked holding me back. "Yes! He killed my wife. His own flesh and blood because she chose me! I'm the reason why my wife is lying dead in our home!" I said breaking down and looking at Lena's body. "No. Oh my god. Poor child." Everyone whispered when they finally saw her. "Le, baby. Please. Just wake up. I can't live without you." I said crawling to her and holding her. "We can have all the babies you want if you just wake up. Le, you can't leave yet. We just got married. We hadn't even began out lives. Please." I begged in her ear. "Son. She's gone. I'm sorry but she ain't comin back." A Police officer said sadly. I let out a scream and laid her back down and quickly grabbed for Jimmy's gun and held it to my head. "Don't do it son! She wouldn't want you to do this! It ain't right." Everyone yelled at once. "She's dead. My wife is dead because she chose to love me. She'd be alive somewhere if I had never met her. I love you Yeobo." I whispered as I pulled the trigger.