Chap 2

Dreaming Of You.

Alexandra Burke is so pretty, so that's who I think should play Lena. :)

Lena's Pov

"Ooh wee girl! You finally gots you a man? Child, I never thought I'd see the day that little Lena Lewis got her a man. He's a little light, but whatever floats your boat honey." An old woman said from her porch as we passed by her. "Hello Mrs. Brown. This isn't my boyfriend, we're just friends and he's not light skin. He's Korean." I said to her. "Korean? Well, he's still colored so you're just fine with him Lena." She said waving me off. I saw him blush and I laughed out loud. "We're fine together, didn't you hear?" I said jokingly and poked him in the side. He blushed even harder and hid his face from me with his hair. "Aww, I'm just playin Hyunwoo. I didn't mean to make you blush." I said seriously. He nodded but kept quiet. I felt bad for embarrassing him and tried to think of a way to get him to talk again. "How about I bring lunch tomorrow? You can try Black food? It's yummy!" I shouted excitedly. He nodded and gave me a funny look. "What?" I asked confused. "You're really beautiful when you're happy." He said softly.

        It was my turn to blush and look away. He walked me to my house and bowed then continued down the street. He gave me a small wave before heading inside of his house. "Lena? Why are you alone? Where's Stanley?" My brother Malcom asked coming out of the house. "I didn't walk with him today. I met a new friend." I said sitting beside him on the porch. "Is it a guy?" He asked looking at the girls who walked by. I nodded my head and cringed when some of the girls tried to flirt with him. "Who is it?" He questioned as he ignored the girls. "Hyunwoo Choi. He's one of the transfers from Korea." I said crossing my feet. "Oh yeah? We have a girl in my class. She's pretty cute but she's quiet. Glad you taught me Korean or she would've been lost." He said grinning. I rolled my eyes and smiled back. My brothers were some of the best people in the world. They liked almost everyone. No matter your race, religion, uality, or gender. Our mama taught us to be that way. She always says 'We're all God's chil-ren. He made us how he wanted us. If he wanted us all the same, then this world would be a borin place.' Malcom's hand in my face brought me back to the present.. "Earth to Lena! Mama is callin you girl. You space out way too much." He said with a raised eyebrow.

       I shoved him and went inside the house. "Mama?" I called out as I shut the door. "In the kitchen." She yelled back. I found her sitting at the table peeling peas. "Hey mama." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek. "You met a boy didn't you?" She said, eyeing me as I sat down. "What?! No. All I said was 'Hey mama'. How did you even get to that conclusion?" I asked blushing. "Mama knows all. What does he look like?" She asked teasingly. "Well, he's tall. He has a deep voice and he's very polite. He has long hair and uh..he'skorean." I mummbled the last part and looked away. "I still heard you child. He speak English or do you just speak Korean with him?" She asked with a smile. I smiled back. "Both. Mama, you'd like him. His voice is scary deep." I said excitedly. "Invite him over for dinner next week then Le. Gotta meet the boy whose made my baby girl so giddy. Just...don't tell your father. He ain't as open as we is." She said patting my cheek and going back to the peas. I felt my smile falter a little bit as the devil himself walked into the kitchen. "Anna, Lena. When is dinner gonna be done? I'm hungry." My father said shuffling into the kitchen.

 

"Soon Jimmy. Lena was just telling me about school." Mama said standing up to rinse the peas. "We're out of milk. Can't have mashed potatoes without milk. Come on Lena, let's go to the store." He said walking out. Mama gave me a knowing look and signaled for me to be safe. I nodded back and followed him out of the kitchen. We walked by Malcom, Zach, J.J and Leo who were playing cards on the front steps. "Le? Where ya goin?" J.J asked worriedly. "She goin wit me to the store, boy. Why are you so worried? You and those good for nothin brothers of yours should clean the house up while we're gone. Get in the car Lena." My father said angrily. I hurried to the other side and got in. I stared at the mirror at my borthers as he pulled off slowly and onto a long route to the store. I could see the worried faces dissapear as the all rushed inside the house. "Lena, I may be yo daddy but I can be much more. We can be friends and such." He said rubbing my thigh. I inhaled but didn't say a word. "You're prettier than yo mama. You haven't been marked by the world yet, still so sweet and innocent. Never been touched. Ready for the taking. Girls nowdays will give it up to any one with a new car but you a good girl. Daddy's little girl. You give yourself to me before you give it to some young fool who don't know what he doin on the streets. You hear me?" He said the last part loudly and tugged my hair with force. I nodded my head and bit back the tears that threatned to shed. He parked in front of the farmer's market and let my hair go.

        We got out of the car and walked towards the milk section when I hear Earl Sr. call him name. "Jimmy! Where you been boy? We missed you at the place. Ah, Lena. It's nice to see you girl. I remember when you were 5 years old and told me to shut the hell up." He said coming towards us. I smiled at him and nodded. "I'm sorry Mr. Earl. I didn't know what I was saying." I apologized. I actually liked Earl Sr. He was a father figure I never had. He made me feel safe unlike my own father. "Girl, you make me sound old as dirt. I done told yo little to call me Earl. Call me Mr. Earl again and we're gonna box it out in front of all these people." He said holding us his fist and boxing the air. I held my hands up in mock defense and laughed. "Sir, yes sir." My father looked at me and I stopped laughing. "Go get the milk while me and Mr. Earl talk. Hurry up." He said brushing me off and began to talk to Earl Sr. about work. I walked away quickly and found the milk and..Earlie. "Lena." He said acknowledging me and looking back at a magazine in his hand. I shrugged and got the milk then slowly made my way back to my father. I hadn't noticed that Earlie had made it back before I did and was talking lively to my father. Jimmy noticed me walk up and cut the conversation short. "Let's go. I'll see ya'll soon." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the register.

           He paid for the milk and shoved me though the door and inside the car. "What's this I hear about you talking to some Asian boy Lena? You let him touch you? You like him?" He said yanking on my hair once again. "He's just a friend daddy! We aren't doing anything." I screamed as he sped down the street. He let go of my hair and pushed my head into the window. "Don't let me hear about you messing around with him ever again. You hear me?" He said calmy as he pulled into the driveway. I nodded and flew out of the car like a bat out of hell. I put the milk in the fridge and ran to my room and locked the door. "Le? Open up, it's us." J.J called out from my door. I opened up the door and was immediately grabbed into a hug from my brothers. "He didn't hurt you did he? I swear I'll kill hih one day. He's never gonna hurt you or mama again." Malcom said pacing. J.J fixed my hair back in it's original position and held me as I cried. I told them what happened and they told me everything would be alright. "Y'all get down here so we can eat!" Jimmy's voice boomed it's way upstairs and caused me to jump. Zach grabbed my hand and told me to sit by him and Leo. Dinner was quiet and tense. Mama looked ready to kill Jimmy but she kept her cool. After everyone left me and her in the kitchen to clean she pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry baby. I wish I could do something but I don't know how he;ll react. He's gonna get his one day baby. I promise." She whispered in my ears as we hugged. I had a bad feeling that things would get worse but I nodded my head in agremeant instead.