Approved

Dreamgirl

“I’m almost done!” Yonghwa happily said.

The song they’re going to submit for the songwriting competition in their school is 90% done.

“Looks like your day went well.” Jonghyun .

Yonghwa blushed. He doesn’t know why but he got the sudden urge to write lyrics for the song.

“Should we thank sister-in-law?” Jungshin joined Jonghyun in the teasing.

“YA! Who are you calling sister-in-law?” Yonghwa blushed even more. “We’re not even close to that yet.”

“LOOK WHO’S DENYING~” They more. Even if Yonghwa denies it, he knows who they’re talking about.

Minhyuk then interrupted them. “What happened when you visited Seohyun~ssi?” Jonghyun and Jungshin stopped playing with their hyung.

Yonghwa tried to remember every little detail, making him smile like a fool. Jonghyun playfully tried to kiss his hyung and just in time, Yonghwa snapped back to reality. He immediately stopped Jonghyun. “YAAAA!”

His friends laughed. “If you only saw how you looked, hyung.”

Yonghwa felt embarrassed. “So, do you wanna hear the story or not?”

His friends quickly stopped. “WE WANT!!”

---

“Yonghwa is such a nice guy. You should date him.” Yoona said to their youngest.

“UNNIEEEE!”

Taeyeon laughed. “Ya, how can you say that to our maknae? If there’s anyone that needs to date, it’s us.”

The girls just laughed.

“But seriously, you should get to know Yonghwa~ssi even more.” Tiffany told her. “He seems….good.”

“But Seohyun just knew her for a day…not even a day..” Jessica mumbled while eating her favorite chips.

“He already proved how trust-worthy he can be.” Tiffany added.

“Yeaah. Unlike Kyuhyun. They knew each other since childhood and yet he still cheated on maknae.” Hyoyeon bluntly said making everyone shut their mouth.

Seohyun broke the silence. “Hyoyeon is right. It’s not about how long you know him. It’s about how he treated you for the span of time you knew him.”

Her unnies smiled at her.

“Well, I think you already made up your mind~” Yuri told her.

---

“AND? AND?” His dongsaengs kept on asking for details.

“Well….she said I was definitely different from Kyuhyun…”

“WHY?”

“Because I don’t wait for a year to apologize.”

After what Yonghwa said, they squealed like girls. “Hyung, you’re lucky!”

“Seohyun’s really charming.”

Yonghwa quickly grabbed Jonghyun. “DON’T YOU EVER DARE!”

“YA! I have Jessica, you know.”

Yonghwa quickly let go of Jonghyun.

“Not that we like Seohyun for us…we just think she’s charming….like you! You two are a match!” Jonghyun explained.

“What do you mean? She’s…like the opposite…of me.” Yonghwa doubted.

“BUT OPPOSITES ATTRACT!” Minhyuk childishly said.

“That’s why you should get to know her more…” Jungshin said.

“Yeah. Try texting her since you already have her number right?” Jonghyun grabbed Yonghwa’s phone. “Here, let me do it for you.”

“YAA!” Jungshin and Minhyuk quickly held Yonghwa, making sure he won’t be able to let go of their grip.

“Don’t worry, hyung.” Jonghyun laughed and started typing.

---

“Unnie~” Seohyun held Yoona’s arm tight.

“Wae?” Yoona asked.

“Ottoke?” Seohyun said while showing her phone.

“Seohyun~ssi, annyeong! – Yonghwa”

“OMOOOOO~ UNNIESSSSS!!!”

---

“Do you think she’ll reply?”

Now all four of them are seated on Yonghwa’s bed. Yonghwa calmed down after realizing that he can’t defeat these three went it comes to these kind of things.

*beep* *beep*

“Omo! Maybe that’s Seohyun!!” Jungshin exclaimed.

“Yong~ don’t forget to unplug all appliances okay? – Omma.”

“Aish~” They were all disappointed.

Maybe she doesn’t want to reply? Yonghwa thought.

*beep* *beep*

They were startled.

Jonghyun was the first one to look at Yonghwa’s phone.

“Don’t tell me it’s his father~ Aigooo~” Jungshin said.

“Annyeonghaseyo! ^^ – Seohyun”

“OMOOO OTTOKEEEE?” Jonghyun panicked and gave the phone back to Yonghwa

Yonghwa pushed him. “YA!!! WHO INITIATED THIS?!”

“But I didn’t know that I’ll get this far!” Jonghyun was still panicking.

“Quick! You don’t want Seohyun to wait for your reply, do you?”

Without a choice, Yonghwa just sighed and started texting.

---

“Bye Seohyunnie!”

Her unnies laughed at her. They immediately left after knowing that Seohyun and Yonghwa are texting.

“We’ll sleep together tomorrow. I bet you have a lot of story to tell tomorrow.” Yoona .

Sunny added, “I know you want us to leave…for your privacy…right?” she chuckled.

“Unnie!” Seohyun felt even more embarrassed.

“Just be yourself, okay? Good night!” Sooyoung patted her head. “You’re the best when you’re just yourself.”

“Thanks unnie!”

Seohyun immediately closed the door and went to her room. She locked it, making sure that her mom won’t just barge in.

*beep* *beep*

Seohyun’s phone suddenly rang as soon as she lay down on her bed. She quickly sat and opened the message.

“How are you? After meeting Kyuhyun again, are you fine?”

Seohyun didn’t know what to reply. She lied again and thought of what to text.

After fifteen minutes, she heard her phone rang again but this time...it’s different.

♫ I don’t know you, but I want you all the more for that. Words fall~♫ It’s her phone again but this time, it’s a call. She quickly looked at the screen to see who’s calling.

Jung Yonghwa.

Seohyun gulped. Ottoke? She doesn’t know if she should accept or reject the call.

---

His dongsaengs left, leaving him waiting for Seohyun to reply. It’s been about fifteen minutes since he texted her and she’s still not replying. Did I ask her questions that are too personal? He immediately grabbed his phone and without thinking, he pressed the green button.

Omooo, she’s not answering. Did she fell asleep or something?

---

Seohyun was still deciding whether or not she should answer it. She was about to press it when the call was cancelled. Seohyun was worried. Maybe he thought I was being sensitive?

---

He ended it. Maybe she was sleeping. He prepared his bed and then his phone rang.

Lee Seohyun.

She’s calling?

---

He rejected the call. Ottoke? Seohyun was panicking when suddenly, her phone rang again.

Jung Yonghwa.

Without thinking, she pressed the green button.

“Yeobuseyo?” She said while trembling.

“Annyeong!” Yonghwa cheerfully greeted her but his heart was about to explode already.

“Why did you reject my call?” Seohyun was confused. If he was going to call anyway, why not accept my call?

“I just don’t wanna add to your phone bill.” Yonghwa’s simple reasoning was shown.

Seohyun thought it was absurd….but sweet. “Ah…” and she slightly let out a laugh.

Yonghwa, on the other side, was getting nervous. “Why didn’t you reply to my message?” He went straight to the point. “Were you mad at me for asking you such questions? Just tell me.”

“Aniyo!” Seohyun quickly denied it. “I was just…I was..just contemplating on what to reply to you.”

And both lines were quiet.

“Mianhae.”

“Mianhae.”

The two of them unanimously said making the both of them laugh.

“I’m fine.” Seohyun interrupted the silence. “I was nervous at first when he was there…but when you came, I felt safe.”

Seohyun didn’t know how red Yonghwa was when she said that. It’s not like she confessed her love but Yonghwa was happy to know how Seohyun sees him.

“Thank you.” He suddenly blurted out.

“For what?”

“For trusting me.”

Now it was time for Seohyun to blush. “It’s nothing. I should be the one thanking you.”

“Ani~ after a painful breakup, I bet it’s hard for you to trust guys anymore but when you trusted me…I feel special.” He laughed. “But seriously, thank you.”

“We’re both grateful.”

And there was silence again. Yonghwa wanted to say many things but he doesn’t know how to say it. “Uhhmmm…Seohyun?”

“Yes?”

“Uhmm…can we…uhm..how should I say this? Uhm..I…I…” Yonghwa was unable to say it.

Innocent Seohyun didn’t get it. “What is it?”

“I…” Yonghwa let out a deep exhale and said it. “I want to get to know you better.”

And there was silence again.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to..It’s just that---”

“Sure.” Seohyun coolly said to him.

Yonghwa was shocked. He didn’t know Seohyun would answer him straightly based from what he saw from her. “Can uhm…can we meet, somehow?”

“Sure. I hope our schedule doesn’t conflict with one another.” Seohyun laughed.

“I’m getting sleepy, can we just talk about this tomorrow?” Seohyun was really sleepy. It’s past her bedtime already.

Yonghwa quickly replied. “Sure! Uhm…is it okay if I call or text you?”

“It’s okay!”

“Well…talk to you again…good night!”

“Good night!”

---

Seohyun finally got a hold of herself. She didn’t know what she was saying.

Ottoke~ Did I just say yes? Ottoke~ Waeyooo~ She just went with the flow without realizing she said yes.

---

Seohyun, you’re so unpredicatable. Yonghwa said before lying down on his bed. She was just fine with it? She was so cool while I was trembling. Maybe she doesn’t like me so it’s fine with her? Many thoughts ran into his mind as he tries to sleep. He thought Seohyun would probably be shy and all but she was rather bold. As he was contemplating, he didn’t know he fell into a deep sleep.

---

“Seohyun~ah, wake up! Breakfast is ready!” Her mother called her out.

“Ne~” Seohyun politely answered as she stood up, trying to wake herself. It was eight in the morning…nothing unusual since she really wakes up this early. Although she feels a bit dizzy…probably because she stayed up later than her bedtime.

Am I dreaming? Seohyun rubbed her eyes as she went downstairs.

Ottoke?! Seohyun quickly placed her hands on her face.

---

KRRIIIIIING~!!

Yonghwa was startled making him fell down on his bed. It’s not usual for Yonghwa to wake up this early. He’s not a morning person but today, he should be. He quickly grabbed his alarm clock to look at the time. It’s seven in the morning. It was too early for him but he tried to wake up his body and mind. He went downstairs to look for food but ended up with none. He looked for his coat to go out and buy food.

He went inside the grocery store to look for an instant ramen. He accidentally bumped at a cart of a lady.

“I’m sorry.” He politely bowed at the lady.

“Ne~ It’s okay.” The lady smiled and looked at him. “For a young guy, you wake up early.” She complimented him.

He bowed again. “Kamsahamnida! I don’t usually wake up this early but I have too.”

“Oh is that so? Well, my daughter wakes up early. Maybe you’ve seen her since our village is not that big.”

“May I know her name?” Yonghwa politely asked.

“Seohyun.” The lady answered.

Yonghwa was fully awake. “Oh! Annyeonghaseyo! I’m her friend, Jung Yonghwa.”

Seohyun’s mother was shocked. “I didn’t know you were his friend? She never told me about you. I’m sorry.” She felt regretful.

“Aniyo~ It’s okay. It’s not been a while since we became friends.” Yonghwa explained.

“Oh is that so? Well, I think today’s a great day for me to know you better. May I invite you for a breakfast at our place? Don’t buy that instant noodles, just eat at our place. I think you’re home alone, aren’t you?”

“Oh, ne~” Yonghwa bowed again.

Seohyun’s mother laughed. “Aigooo~ you’re a really polite person, aren’t you? That’s why you’re Seohyun’s friend. Let’s go!”

-

Yonghwa helped Seohyun’s mother by carrying the bags she bought. She was pleased by how polite Yonghwa is.

He carefully placed everything on the table and just stood there.

“Please sit down. I’m going to cook our breakfast. You may roam around the house if you like.”

“Thank you! But may I know your name, ma’am?”

“MinAh. But just call me auntie.” *smiles*

Yonghwa bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo auntie!” he awkwardly said.

“Aigooo~ You’re such a polite guy! I hope both of you will get along well.”

Yonghwa answered by bowing.

---

“I invited him. Sorry for not telling you earlier.” MinAh said to her daughter who’s hiding her bare face. Yonghwa just smiled thinking it’s cute.

Seohyun, without a choice, sat on her chair. And didn’t say a word.

Yonghwa was mesmerized. Despite the fact that Seohyun’s not wearing any makeup, she looks like a goddess. She’s a real natural beauty. He said to himself while looking at her.

“Aren’t you even going to greet your friend, Seohyun~ah?”

“How did you---?”

“We met at the grocery store and he said he was your friend so I invited him. He seems home alone…he was going to buy instant noodles which is not good for his health.” Her mom explained.

“Good morning Yonghwa~ssi.” Seohyun greeted him.

“Good morning!” Yonghwa cheerfully greeted her back.

Her mom placed all the dishes on the table properly. “Done! Let’s eat now.”

-

Both Yonghwa and Seohyun were quiet. Her mother noticed it and so she started a conversation. “So, how long did you two become friends?”

They didn’t answer.

“Not that long, mom…” Seohyun shyly said.

“How exactly long is ‘not that long’”?

“Two days.” Yonghwa confidently said but after blurting it out, he felt embarrassed…and so was Seohyun.

“Aigooo~ that’s why. I’m glad Seohyun’s finally making friends with guys. She’s already old enough to mingle with guys. Ever since Kyuhyun and….” MinAh saw her daughter’s face and stopped. “Sorry.”

Yonghwa smiled. “It’s okay. I already know about it.”

Her mother was surprised. “B-but…you only met for..two days right? How did you make my daughter open up to you easily?”

Yonghwa was unable to answer. He doesn’t know either.

“He’s trust-worthy, mom.” Seohyun finally broke her silence.

Her mother smiled. “I know, Seohyun~ah. From the moment I saw him on the grocery store, I knew he was someone….nice. I was thinking of introducing him to you since I want you to get exposed to guys more but I ended up knowing you two are already friends…what a fate.” *laughs*

-

After their breakfast, her mother pushed her to go out with Yonghwa for a walk.

“OMMMAAAAA!”

“Just go!” Her mom quickly closed the door.

She was happy about it. Ever since her daughter’s breakup with Kyuhyun, she never wanted to meet guys again making her mom worried.

---Flashback---

Seohyun locked her door. She can’t believe Kyuhyun would do that to her.

*knock* *knock*

“Seohyun~ah…open the door~” Her mother pleadingly said.

But Seohyun didn’t open it. She was ashamed. She thought he already knew Kyuhyun but no, there’s still some parts of him that were unknown to her. Ever since childhood, they’ve been together and Kyuhyun was a very romantic guy. She wasn’t his first girlfriend but he was her first boyfriend. He saw Kyuhyun breaking up with other girls and he always gave her one answer.

“I just don’t love her anymore.”

She wondered if that was really the reason or he cheated on them too.

After that heartbreaking relationship, Seohyun became stiff. She doesn’t talk much to guys and when she does, it’s nothing personal. The closest guy friend is probably Jinwoon but because he’s in Seoul, they don’t talk much anymore.

Her mom pushed her to go on blind dates but they were all a failure. During those time, she doesn’t talk comfortably and just answer their question making her date feel awkward.

“I told you I don’t want to.” Seohyun would always answer her mother like that.

---

“I’m really sorry. My mom complied you to walk with me.”

“Ani~ I’m fine with it. Actually, I like it.” Yonghwa smiled at her. “It feels like we’re getting closer fast.”

Seohyun nodded. “I don’t know why either but I feel comfortable with you.”

Yonghwa tried to hide his red cheeks that are about to burst. “Your mom is really nice.”

“You don’t know my hardships whenever she sets me up on blind dates.”

“You’ve gone to blind dates?” Yonghwa was surprised.

“Ne~ Surprising, isn’t it? I’m not really that type of person but ever since my breakup with……….ever since my breakup, my mom pushed me to go on such.”

Yonghwa smiled. “Your mom’s probably worried about you.”

“Ne~”

“Your mom knows Kyuhyun?”

Seohyun nodded.

“What was her reaction?”

---Flashback---

“I’m really sorry, MinAh. I didn’t know why Kyuhyun would do such a thing to Seohyun. I really didn’t.” Kyuhyun’s mother felt apologetic after what her son did.

“You don’t have to be sorry. You’re not the one who did anything wrong.”

The two mothers are friends with each other. They were once neighbors until Seohyun’s family moved to a bigger house.

“I’m really sorry. May I talk to your daughter?”

“She locked up herself at her room. It’s been more than a day since she was there.”

Kyuhyun’s mother felt worried. “Omo, I’m really sorry. I already grounded him to at least make him realize his mistakes. Although I can’t dictate him who to love…”

“I still need to prepare..you should go home now.”

She just nodded. Despite the fact that MinAh talked to her, she felt her being distant. She knows that it will be totally different now. It’s not because of the breakup but rather because of how Kyuhyun cheated on Seohyun. She left Lee’s residence without saying a word.

---

“It’s hard on both of you…”

“Yeah. I just wished it was only hard for me.” Seohyun reminisced those times when her mother and her would ignore the Cho family every time their paths crossed.

“Are they okay now?”

Seohyun nodded. “I guess. But it will never be the same.”

♫ I don’t know you but I want you.. ♫ ♫ I don’t know you but I want you.. ♫

Suddenly, both of them stopped.

“Falling Slowly?”

“Falling Slowly?”

Both of them said together.

“So we have the same ringtone? Interesting.” Yonghwa jokingly said.

Seohyun laughed. “Wait, I’ll just get this call.”

Yonghwa nodded. “Me too.”

“Yeobuseyo?”

“Seohyun~ah, where are you?”

“Oh, Yoona unnie! I’m out for a walk. Waeyo?”

On the other hand…

“Oh, Minhyuk, wae?”

“Hyung! Where are you?”

“Out. Wae?”

“Are you alone or with him?” Yoona curiously asked Seohyun.

“Are you with Seohyun?” Minhyuk asked Yonghwa.

“NOOO!” The two of them said together again making both of them laugh.

“Unnie, mianhae. I’m actually with him.” Seohyun replied.

“Yes, I’m with her why?” Yonghwa answered back.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US?”

“Unnie, I have all the time to tell you later!” Seohyun explained.

“Do I have to tell you everything?” Yonghwa coldly replied.

“I have to go now, unnie. Catch you later bye!” Seohyun quickly ended the call.

“Call you later.” And so did Yonghwa

The two looked at each other and laughed.

“How come both of them called us at the same time? By any chance are they…” Seohyun’s curious mind thinks Yoona and Minhyuk are together.

“I don’t think so. Minhyuk’s probably in his bed until now.”

---

After an hour, they went back to Lee’s residence.

“Thank you for accompanying me.” Seohyun smiled at him.

“Ani~ I should be the one thanking you. I had fun.” Yonghwa said.

Seohyun bowed at him.

“So…I guess I’ll be seeing you around more often?”

Seohyun nodded. “Thanks again. I enjoyed it.”

“Don’t be. I’m glad you weren’t uncomfortable or it’ll be a disaster.”

“Yeah. You made me feel comfortable.”

“I’ll just text you.”

“Ne~ See you around! Take care!”

Yonghwa bowed at her and left. His wide smile was visible even until he was already walking.”

“He’s a really great guy, you know.” Her mother suddenly interrupted her gaze at Yonghwa who’s already heading home.

“Ya, omma. Why didn’t you even tell me?”

“It wasn’t planned! We just happen to see each other at the grocery store.”

“He’s awake at seven?!”

Her mom laughed. “Yeah, but he said it’s not his usual wakeup..he just needs to. I wonder why..instant ramen doesn’t need to be cooked that long…anyway, how was your walk with him?”

“I had fun!” Seohyun cheerfully said.

Her mother showed a smiled on her face. “I’m glad you did.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5!! ♥ As much as I want to end this on chapter 6, I don't think it's right since they're only starting to like each other more -__- but I promise I won't reach 10 chapters for this story! XD And as a treat for you gogumas, I'm currently making a one-shot YongSeo ff because it's their 1000th day! Happy 1000th day to YongSeo and to all the gogumas in the world! One of the best OTP fandom EVEEER ♥ How can I describe this fandom? Nice and approachable but willing to defend the couple when there are antis attacking/disrespecting. :)

 

I wanna know your feedback! Comments are appreciated :""""> And subscribe if you want, I'll hug youuuu :DDD

 

Again, Happy 1000th day gogumas! May the sweet potatoes be with us all the time! :]