Protector

Dreamgirl

When I look at you my face gets red,
When I see you my heart goes thump thump,
I talk with shyness like a kid
When I look at you I just smile out of nowhere,
Like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me

Finally, Yonghwa was able to start composing the lyrics.

"What do you guys think? Should I start over again or what?" Yonghwa asked his friends. After all, they'll be performing this as a band.

The three applauded him. "Hyung, you're a genius!" Minhyuk complimented him.

Yonghwa felt proud by how his friends reacted. "What do you expect from someone smart like me?"

Jonghyun laughed so hard. "Hyung, please. Don't overdo it. Just a week ago, you can't even write a single word. If there's someone we should thank, it's Seohyun." After Jungshin & Minhyuk told Jonghyun the whole story, he kept on teasing his hyung to Seohyun.

---Flashback---

"You don't know how red our hyung can get! He doesn't even look like a person!" Jungshin, as usual, is exaggerating what happened at the grocery store.

"But seriously hyung, I thought it was the girl focused on the picture that you're interested with." Jonghyun told Yonghwa.

Yonghwa replied, "Well, Taeyeon is pretty too..and cute. But Seohyun caught my attention. Even if it was blurred, I can see her widely smiling wile riding her bicycle. It was cute and beautiful and lovely and amaz...."

"Stop it, hyung. We already get it. You're in love!" Jonghyun .

"What? NO! How can I be in love if I've only seen her twice?"

------------------

"Aish, come here so I can punch you!" Yonghwa jokingly punched his dongsaeng.

"We just find you cute, hyung. I've never seen you so...delighted? Is that the right term?" Minhyuk said.

Since he's the oldest out of them, he takes care of his dongsaengs and so, normally, they see him as someone independent, reliable, anything that exudes a strong image as someone older...even if it's just a year or two.

"It's love, Minhyuk, get used to our hyung being like this." Jonghyun just can't stop teasing his hyung. It's been a while since Yonghwa had a girlfriend...or even just a crush. He doesn't go on dates or whatever. He just thinks that it will happen if it's meant to happen.

"By the way, I saw Yoona while I was jogging earlier today." Suddenly, all eyes and ears are on Minhyuk.

"What did she say to you?" Jungshin asked.

"Well, she said good morning..."

"And?"

"She also said thank you for the chips. She saw that it was the last stock and I still gave it to her..."

"And? And? And? WHY CAN'T YOU TELL EVERYTHING?!"

"She asked if I want to go out with her."

The three guys were shocked. "REAAAALLYYYYY?"

Minhyuk just nodded. "But it's not only me. She said that I should tag you guys along."

Jonghyun, Jungshin and Yonghwa's hearts fluttered.

"Finally! I'll meet all nine of them!" Jonghyun, who wasn't with them when they went to the grocery, will finally have a chance to meet them.

Jungshin asked, "I hope Sooyoung-ssi will come!"

Now all eyes and ears are on him.

"So, you've finally chosen your girl? I have six girls left to choose from? Is that so?" Jonghyun teased his dongsaeng but..

Yonghwa reacted, "They're not just something you can just choose! Aish...jashik!" He was definitely annoyed.

The three guys laughed at him. "What's wrong hyung? We're just joking! Don't be so defensive!"

Yonghwa blushed. What's happening to me? Why am I like this? He asked himself.

He tried to change the conversation, "When and where did she say we should meet them?"

"She said we should meet them at Cafe by the Bay tomorrow. 9AM"

-

"What did he say?"

"He said yes."

"OH MY GOSH SERIOUSLY?!!@#1@#$%T^%$#@!@#$%^"

After her jogging, Yoona immediately went back to their school dorm. Although the other girls didn't know about it, they were excited about it.

"Omooo~ I really wanna meet them again! They're from Busan All Boys School right?" Sooyoung really likes it.

"I think so." Yoona casually replied.

Ice Princess Sica told them, "We're nine and they're four only. Looks like five of us will have no partners for tomorrow."

And then it was icy...awkward.

"We're not really going on a date." Yoona explained. "It's a get-to-know thing."

"It's the same." Jessica answered back making it...awkward again.

Yuri broke the silence. "If that's the case, then, do I need to choose one from them now?" Sooyoung and Hyoyeon tickled her.

"If anyone of us have a sure partner, it's Yoona." Sunny .

"Unnie!" Yoona blushed. She actually thinks that Minhyuk is cute.

"Do you know all their names? He introduced them to you, right?" Tiffany's curiosity is on the rise.

Yoona tried to remember. "Well, if I remember it right, they're Minhyuk, Jungshin, Yong...hwa? And Jonghyun, I guess."

"I think the tallest guy and I are a match, since we're both the tallest." Sooyoung exclaimed.

"YA! Why are you so assuming?" Hyoyeon angrily replied.

"Yoona unnie..." Seohyun held her hand.

"Oh, wae?"

"Can I just stay here? I don't feel like going out tomorrow."

"Aigoooo..." Taeyeon heard them. "Our maknae is shy! Don't be! All of us will be there!"

Suddenly, all of the girls are staring at their youngest.

"You don't really have to talk to them. Just stay with Sooyoung since most probably, they guys won't talk to her...she's intimidating." Tiffany jokingly said making Sooyoung pull Fany's hair.

"YAAA! What are you trying to say?!?!!!"

*laughs* "Anyways, Seohyun~ah...you'll come with us, okay? I'm pretty sure it'll be fun!"

---The next day

"Hyung's not answering. What should we do?" Jungshin slept at Minhyuk's place last night. He knows he'll be late if no one wakes him up.

Minhyuk's panicking. He doesn't want to leave a bad impression on the girls. "Call him again!"

"You guys are too obvious." Jonghyun came early.

"What do you mean hyung?" The two didn't get him.

Jonghyun laughed. "You guys are so early. It's so obvious that both of you are excited."

-

"Oh my..it's already 8:15!" Yonghwa's alarm didn't wake him up. It's a good thing Jungshin called him.

He went straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

--

"Unnie~"

"I'm almost done!" Sunny replied to maknae.

"Aigooo...what's taking her so long?" Tiffany complained.

"I don't wanna be late. It'll be the first time we'll be officially meeting them at once since one guy wasn't around last time." Yoona explained.

Taeyeon , "Why are you so upset and so sensitive? It's not like we're actually going to date them!"

-

"HYUUUUNG!" It's about time when Yonghwa arrived. Good thing the place is near and Jonghyun brought his car.

"How can you be so late? Aren't you excited to meet your dream girl again?" Jungshin never forgets to tease his hyung.

"No time for this, let's go!" Minhyuk hurriedly said.

-

"We're just in time. Whew." All of them sighed.

It's still better if they're the first one to arrive.

-

"I think they're already here."

"It's better if they are so that we won't look too excited." Sooyoung said.

"You're the most excited one here. LOL" Jessica jokingly remarked.

They all went out of the van one by one.

"Seohyun~ah! Faster!" Hyoyeon called her out.

"Yes!" Seohyun nervously said. She really doesn't like this idea. She's not really into guys at all.

-

"Aigoo, they're here!" Minhyuk panicked and so did the other three.

"Do I look good?" Jungshin asked them.

"Do I smell nice? or not?" Jonghyun asked.

All three are busy fixing their hair and everything except for Yonghwa whose hands are shaking.

I'm going to see her again...finally. He said to himself.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" The girls greeted them delightfully.

The boys stood up, bowed, and greeted them back. "Annyeonghaseyo! Please sit down."

The girls smiled at them making the four feel shy.

"Annyeonghaseyo Minhyuk-ssi!" Yoona greeted Minhyuk specifically.

"Annyeonghaseyo Yoona-ssi!" He greeted back.

To make it less awkward, Tiffany tried to liven up the atmosphere. "We're so glad you were able to come!"

"Yeah, and all of you came!" Sunny cutely said.

Jungshin smiled and said, "It's nothing. We're the ones who should be glad all nine of you came today."

"What are we supposed to do?" Jessica said making it...awkward again.

Taeyeon smiled and said while looking at Jessica, "Why don't we order now?"

All of them nodded and Yuri called the waiter.

"What are you doing?!" Sooyoung whispered madly at Jessica.

"WHAAAAT?" Jessica didn't know that she made it awkward.

Hyoyeon tried to start another conversation. "Where do you guys study?"

"Busan All Boys School." Jonghyun replied.

Sooyoung smiled and said, "The counterpart of our school! Daebak!"

"Oh, so you guys are from Busan All Girls School?"

All nine nodded.

Yuri asked, "How old are you, guys?("Universal" Age..not purely based from their real age)"

"I'm 22." said Jungshin.

"Same with him but older by months." Minhyuk replied.

"I'm 23." Jonghyun said.

She's really beautiful... "Uhm, what?" Yonghwa didn't hear the question for he was daydreaming. The girls laughed at him. After knowing the question... "I'm 23. The oldest. Sorry." Yonghwa felt embarrassed.

Seohyun, who haven't said a word since they sat, shyly laughed making Yonghwa's heart beat faster.

"How about you guys?" Jungshin asked. All of the boys focused their attention.

"Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny and I are all 23 while Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona are 22. Seohyun's the youngest, she's 21." Hyoyeon summarized.

"Here are your orders." The waitress carefully placed all their orders. "Enjoy." And left.

-

"Waaa~ It's been a while since the last time we're here." Tiffany reminisced.

Yuri laughed and said, "Yeah. It was so long ago. Seohyun and Kyuhyun are still together that -- AAAAW!"

Yoona elbowed her, "Sssssssh!"

"Sorry!" Yuri mouthed. It's been a year already since Seohyun and Kyuhyun ended their relationship. Seohyun thought that their relationship will last but Kyuhyun, unexpectedly, fell in love with another girl. Ever since their breakup, she and her friends never went back to that Cafe for it was there that Seohyun spoke with Kyuhyun for the last time. Yoona forgot about it when she said to Minhyuk that they should meet there.

Aish...babo! Yoona thought while scratching her head.

Upon hearing it, Yonghwa focused his look on Seohyun. Seohyun didn't notice him for she was trying to hide her emotions. Even if it's been a year, she can't get over the fact that Kyuhyun cheated on her. Even Kyuhyun's hyungs didn't expect it.

Seohyun faked a smile and said, "Aniyo~ it's okay. It's a good feeling that after ending something here, I'm going to start a new one...I hope we can be friends." *genuinely smiles and looks at the guys*

Taeyeon smiled. Our maknae really knows how to brighten things up. She said to herself.

Everyone was casually talking to one another except for two people who haven't spoken to each other.

What should I tell her?

Should I go talk to him first?

"So what do you like to do?" Yonghwa and Seohyun said in unison making the both of them laugh.

"You go first."

"No. Ladies first."

Seohyun shyly smiled and said, "Well when I don't have anything to do, I usually read a book, go out and listen to music whether I'm jogging or riding a bike. Sometimes I also play the piano...how about you?"

"I like to compose songs since I can freely say my true feelings." Yonghwa truthfully said.

Seohyun was amused. "Wow, I bet you're really good." *smiles*and then she suddenly remembered "Ah! I heard there's a songwriting competition in your school, is that right?"

Yonghwa nodded, "Yeah, actually, we joined."

"Waaaa~ daebak! Are you finish with the lyrics?"

"Aniyo~ But I already started." *smiles*

"Can you show it to me?" Seohyun said while showing her aegyo making Yonghwa unable to resist.

Yonghwa started to sing.

When I look at you my face gets red,
When I see you my heart goes thump thump,
I talk with shyness like a kid
When I look at you I just smile out of nowhere,
Like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me

All of them clapped. He didn't realize that all of them were already listening. Seohyun was looking at him, smiling widely like how he first noticed her. Rather than being embarrassed by everybody's attention, he felt good seeing Seohyun like that.

"Yaaa~ Yonghwa. You're really good!" Tiffany complimented him and so did the other girls.

His dongsaengs felt jealous. All the attention of the girls were on their hyung.

-

After they finished drinking what they ordered, they decided to go out and walk for a while. Little by little, they unknowingly grouped themselves - Yoona & Minhyuk/Jungshin & Sooyoung/Taeyeon & Tiffany/Hyoyeon, Yuri & Sunny/Jessica & Jonghyun/Seohyun & Yonghwa

"Aigooo.." Taeyeon exclaimed. "Look at them..(Yoona & Minhyuk/Jungshin & Sooyoung)"

Tiffany smiled, "They actually look like real couples. Although I hope one of them would approach me." she said while feeling disappointed.

"Uhm, miss? I think this is yours." A guy suddenly approached them.

"Oh! That's my hanky! Gomawo~ Oh! Siwon oppa! Annyeong!"

"Fany~ah! Annyeong! Taeyeon~ah! Annyeong! I haven't seen you guys for ages!"

The two nodded. "Yeah..it's weird."

The others noticed that Taeyeon and Tiffany stopped and so they approached them.

"Hyuuung!"

Suddenly, Seohyun froze to where she was standing. She knows that voice. That voice that was once sweet and endearing to her.

Yonghwa felt confused. Did I do something wrong? He thought.

"Oh! Annyeonghaseyo!" Kyuhyun politely bowed at them.

Upon hearing the name of the guy, Yonghwa knew what's going on with Seohyun.

"Uhm, Seohyun?"

Seohyun tried to hide her nervousness, "N-ne?"

"Can I hold your hand?"

Seohyun was shocked. "W-what?"

"It's not for me." He bravely grabbed her hand. "Just go with it."

"Kyuhyun~ah, it's been a while." They all greeted him.

"Oh! Siwon oppa, Kyuhyun oppa. Annyeonghaseyo!" Seohyun greeted them while arriving holding Yonghwa's hand.

Siwon & Kyuhyun were shocked - even her unnies. Ever since they broke up, she always try to avoid him but it's a different case now.

"Oh..." Siwon can't say anything. "Annyeong!"

"A-an-annyeong!" Kyuhyun stuttered. He saw how Yonghwa was holding tight of Seohyun's hands. Am I too late? He asked himself.

Seohyun faked a smile. Yonghwa politely bowed at them.

"Well, we better get going. It's nice to see you guys again. Annyeong!" Siwon quickly grabbed his dongsaeng who's a bit dumbfounded.

After they left, all eyes were on Yonghwa and Seohyun. They let go of each other's hand after noticing the stares they're getting.

"What was that?" Hyoyeon asked them.

"Uhhh.." Seohyun can't answer. She doesn't know either.

Yonghwa stepped up for her and said, "That's Kyuhyun right? I just wanted to show him that Seohyun finally moved on, and that it was his lost."

The unnies squealed, looking for a place to hide.

"Aigooo~ Why do I have a good feeling about these two?" Sunny teased them.

Seohyun blushed, for one year she never felt this way again. Yonghwa loved how Seohyun was so shy. She's the one. He thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong! For those who thought they encountered problems, you didn't. :) I was writing this chapter yesterday but it's not yet done so I saved it but I forgot to tick the "Hide Chapter" box! OTL I even placed "jhgf" as the title LOL. So sorry to keep you guys waiting but here it is! I hope you liked it. ♥ I don't know why but I have this feeling that this story might be extended! :)) Don't forget to subscribe & feel free to comment :) Gomawo ^____^