Episode 9: Your answer.

You're mine. Forever and always.

You bade goodbye at Daehyun and entered your house. L.Joe was sitting at the couch, switching the TV channels randomly, 'So how was the ball night?' He did not look at you as he didn't want you to see his leaden eyes.

You advert your gaze at your high heels as you're taking it off, 'I didn't make it to the ball night.'

L.Joe's eyes was large as saucers as he settled his eyes on you. He exclaimed, in pistachio, 'Really?!'

But the smile gradually fade from his face as he saw you being all drenched. 'What happened?' He asked, in a serious tone. His question made the atmosphere in the living room all heavy.

'Nothing.' You flatly reply, despite being surprised that that rascal would actually care for you. 

He surged towards you and grabbed your shoulders, exasperated, 'I repeat, what happened?' His eyes was dark as cave, black and expressionless. You gasped.

'It was raining and I couldn't make it to the ball night, happy?' You lied as you were lazy to explain. Plus, deep down in your heart, you know he will definitely get Jiyeon expelled despite the fact that he's a annoying rascal. He still does have his serious side.

He let go off you and the edges of his lips curled upwards, 'Oh, really? Sorry. I was just curious.' *I was freaking worried about you!*

He grimaced at you. You blurted, 'Yeah, I was dumb to have thought that you actually care for me.'

He was dumbfounded. He didn't know that you actually had the thought. At the minute he wanted to explain to you that he was actually lying, you've already gone upstairs. He let out a sigh.

You closed the door and leaned against the door. A smile lit your face as you were thinking of the kiss that you just had with Daehyun. You closed your eyes momentarily and place your index finger on your lips. You grinned like a Cheshire Cat because you could vaguely feel the warmth of his lips on yours. The scene of Daehyun kissing you just wouldn't stop replaying in your head.

[IN L.JOE'S ROOM]

There's a pink tint on both L.Joe's cheeks. He was so happy and surprised to know that you actually had that thought earlier.

L.Joe's POV:
Maybe she likes me as well. It's just that she conveys her feelings differently(?) Gaah. Guess I'll ask her about it tomorrow. Lee Byung Hun, be a man, a real man!

He then stared at the night sky. It looks like a plain black dress with pockadots. This night seems so tranquil and yet blissful. For a second, L.Joe actually wished for meteor showers so that he could make a wish that you would give him a satisfying answer tomorrow. He let out an awkward laugh for his crazy wish. However, his laugh actually lights up the entire room, just like a candle in the dark.

[NEXT MORNING]

L.Joe woke up late in the morning as he couldn't sleep last night, guessing what would your answer be. He walked down the stairs in his messy uniform and obvious dark circles. 

You were eating your toast when you realized L.Joe looked immensely fatigued this morning. You taunted, 'You look exactly like a zombie. I bet you were busy blood last night.' You didn't wait for his reply and sauntered towards the door. You added, 'I'm not gonna wait for you today. I'm going to school alone.'

'Wait!' Before L.Joe could reply you, you've already walked outta the house. He keep up with his pace to ask you the question that has been tormenting him last night. However, when he was turning the door knob, he saw you and Daehyun chit-chatting blissfully at the gate.

[IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE GATE]

You saw Daehyun leaning against your gate with his hand shoved into his pocket. You were surprised, 'Daehyun, what are you doing here?'

Daehyun advert his gaze at you instead of the ground and grinned, 'Waiting for my official girlfriend, of course. Why would I let you walk alone to school?'

You clenched your fist hard to fight the blush and rising heat, 'R-Really?'

Daehyun sheepishly rubbed his neck, 'Yeah. And is it still awkward between us? I've been trying to act normal.'

You giggled as you were happy to know that a perfect guy like him would actually put in an effort to neutralize the atmosphere, 'It's okay. I don't feel awkward anymore.'

Daehyun let out a stimulating smile and held out his hand, 'Let's go.'

You smiled but stunned, 'What's with that hand?'

Daehyun pinched your nose, 'My right hand is used to write so now, I gave my left hand a new mission - hold your hand. A-And, you've never been in a relationship?' He was wondering why didn't you know what that means.

You blushed embarrassingly and nodded.

On the other side, L.Joe was watching you and Daehyun interacting that intimately. A heavy sadness weighed on him, '________-ah, Daehyun's not your first love. It was me, ME.' He was smiling a little, a smile with a twist to it, like the smile of a child who is determined not to weep. *I just can't seem to pass you to him. I'm still in love in you and I forever will* However, he wasn't determined enough, he then bleed the salt of his soul as it poured from his eyes where his clenched fist press blocking all of the light, he saw the the darkness that will soon swallow him and he feared it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope it's not that heartbreaking 'cause I'll be giving this story a twist at the next chapter.