Chapter 12: How?

You're mine. Forever and always.

You and L.Joe've finished buying all the listed ingredients and you're now elbowing your way outta the mall as there're too many people and the crowd is suffocating you. L.Joe held your shoulders, indicating you not to take another step and yelled, 'Move, people. Can't you see this is the exit and not an entrance?!'

The crowd instantly dispersed. A couple was leaving as well but before they leave, the girl whinged at her boyfriend, 'Oppa, see how sweet that couple is? why can't you be like that as well?' The remark was so 'ear-captivating' that you actually turned around and clarified, 'He's not my boyfriend.' 

L.Joe would have felt better to feel nothing than to feel this. This awful pain, deep inside his chest. He forced a smile and muttered, 'It's raining now and we didn't bring an umbrella along with us. Wait for me at the bench and I'll go buy one.'

*Raining?* You stopped him, shaking in your shoes, 'Let me do that. It's my job after all.' 

'NO!' He yelled though he realized you were slightly shaking and you were absolutely shocked. He then soften a little, 'It's fine.'

You nodded and sat on the bench. It's raining and you could feel a few droplets of rain dripped on you. Memories of you and Daehyun instantaneously invaded your mind. You recalled the memory of him saving you and confessed to you after that. You were crying mentally. You had to bury your face in the dingy fabric of your bag to muffle the little noise you were making. The world didn't feel stable anymore. It was shaking violently, undergoing an evil metamorphosis as it did. 

On the other side, L.Joe was holding back his tears, knowing the fact that he isn't your boyfriend but just a.. master of yours, which wasn't what he wanted. He's willing to give up on his wealth just to be named as your boyfriend. He hit his left chest, where his broken heart is located right underneath it.

He then saunter to you after he had paid for the umbrella. He saw you putting your hand in your head and he could immediately feel that it's related to the rain and Daehyun. He advanced towards you and hugged you. You lifted your head, surprised, 'W-What's wrong?'

He uttered, 'I'll cover your eyes by hugging you so you wouldn't see the rain. Now, close your ears as well if you don't want to hear the raindrops.' *And listen to my heartbeat that's racing quickly for you* 

You covered your ears and wondered. *Could L.Joe really read my mind? And, and this L.Joe is so much more different from the one I knew!* 

[HOME]

You've had your dinner and went upstairs, back to you room. You put on your earphone in case Daehyun's face came invading your mind again. You had your ipod on shuffle so you had no idea what the next song would be. 'Sesangi eoduwojigo. Joyonghi biga naerimyeon. Yeojeonhi geudaero.' B2ST's 'On rainy days' was played.

You pulled your earphones. *Rain? Rain again? Everything about rain is just so, soo torturing* Daehyun's face came to your mind and you hugged your knees. You whispered with tears trickling down, 'Daehyun, I just can't seem to get over you.'

[IN THE LIVING ROOM]

L.Joe was telling his mum about everything that happened to me for the past few days, 'Mum, can't you treat __________ a little better? Her heart is already torn into pieces and yet you choose to tear it more. You're heartless!'

Mrs. Lee startled, 'I'm sorry and what exactly happened to her? I mean, why did she break up with her boyfriend?'

L.Joe emphasized, 'It's her EX-boyfriend. And, I don't know. I didn't want to ask her. She had enough of all these bull.'

Mrs. Lee sighed, 'Baby, take good care of her, alright?'

L.Joe frowned, 'Duh. Of course I would.'

[Morning, Daehyun's house]

*There has to be a reason. How did _______ know about that?* Jiyeon then came to his mind. He clenched his fist, 'It must be Jiyeon!'

Daehyun changed into his uniform and ran to school without even having his breakfast. *_________, it's not over yet, not until you know the truth* He flung the door open and advanced towards Jiyeon, 'Jiyeon, I just wanna ask you something. Are you related to my break-up?' Jiyeon grabbed his hand and lied, 'No, of course not.'

Just then, you and L.Joe arrived the class and both of you saw Jiyeon grabbing his hand. You couldn't hear that conversation as they were too far away from you. *Daehyun, is that your explanation?*  You could feel as if your heart had been ripped out. The sudden, deep pain was so bad, you feel like your whole world had come crashing down on you, and you collapsed to your knees, sobbing in your distress. 

However, Daehyun didn't notice that. He was too busy dealing with that evil witch, Jiyeon. But, L.Joe did. He held you up carefully and lead you the stairs nearby. He frowned because he hated seeing you cry, 'Instead of wiping your tears, you should wipe him away from your heart or make him regret for losing you.'

You lifted your head, 'Wipe him away from my heart? It's impossible. Regret? How?'

He pressed his lips into a firm line, 'I have an idea.'