Chapter 26: Liar.

You're mine. Forever and always.

____________ was lying.

That was the conclusion Daehyun reached after the conversation he had with you at the hospital. As he emerged from his house, he let out a resigned sigh.

[FLASHBACK]

You shoved L.Joe and plainly asked, 'Who are you?'

Daehyun could obviously see that you were terribly quivering. He knew something was amiss but he just didn't know what it is. He paced towards you and laid his hand on your cheek, hoping it would help to sooth you a little. 

'Daehyun?'

He was shocked as you still recognized him. *You remembered me but not L.Joe?* He was assure at the same time though 'cause you remembered him. Daehyun smiled in relief, '_________, you remember me?'

You giggled, 'Do you think I'd forget my boyfriend?'

'But, we broke up and I'm here to apologize. I'm really sorry I misunderstood you as L.Joe's girlfriend.' Daehyun tried to explain as he read your facial expression - You weren't surprised by the fact that we broke up. *Why?*

You sneered, 'Apology accepted and I really couldn't imagine you actually take me as that guy's girlfriend. How is that even possible?' 

Daehyun had a serious look on his face. *But you didn't even remember L.Joe earlier. You're deliberately doing this. Your lie is exposed, _________ and I wonder how dumb could L.Joe go for not realizing this. I'll ask you about this later. I guess I'll just help you with this show*

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

 

 

Daehyun walked into the classroom and you, who were propping your chin with your palm caught his sight. He walked forward, intending to ask you about the reason you lied but he hesitated. *I'm now her boyfriend but if I do ask her about it, I probably wouldn't stand a chance anymore*

Daehyun took a deep breathe and smiled. '__________', he called your name. 

You turned your head around and saw him. You exclaimed in surprise, 'Daehyun! Hi.'

You tried really hard to act as if you were alright. The anticipation that always swell up in you when you see Daehyun was gone. You don't feel that way anymore. Probably, because you're still in love with L.Joe. In love? Wait, you're not really sure about that.

Daehyun acted normal, 'Daehyun? You haven't called me oppa for once. Well, try it.'

'Oppa?' you widened your eyes. 'Do I really have to do so? It's pretty awkward.'

He pinched your cheeks, giggling, 'You're still cute as always. And yes, you have to.'

You gulped, 'O-Oppa..'

The moment you said that, you felt your hand being grabbed by someone. You snapped your head up in bewilderment. *It was L.Joe* You thought as you peered closer at his face. He was mad, totally mad. His face was contorted in fury. His normally calm and pleasant demeanor was gone. Probably because you just called Daehyun oppa.

'Follow me.' L.Joe dragged you outta the classroom.

Daehyun reached his hand out. He wanted to grab your wrist but the lied you made up that day held him back. 

 

 

You shook his hand off. 'What is wrong with you? Why did you bring me to your room? Can't you see that I'm spending my time with my,' you gulped. 'Boyfriend. I don't-'

Before you could finish your sentence, you collapsed on your knees onto the hard, solid ground as you saw something that caught you off guard. Tears welled up in your eyes and you didn't know what to say no more. Tears then formed a stream down your cheeks and your heartbeat stuttered...