Chapter 18: Partially revealed.

You're mine. Forever and always.

[BACK TO THE MOMENT WHEN YOU WERE 5]

L.Joe was fixing his glasses as you gazed at him. *What a good-looking guy he is. How I wish he could be my boyfriend*

*Oh my god. What am I thinking? He's my master!* You slapped your face and shook your head. L.Joe got hold of your hand as you were about to slap yourself again. He grinned, '__________-ah, what are you doing? I don't want to see you slapping yourself. It hurts me a lot.' 

He caressed your left cheek, which you've just slapped. You went stiff and all you could do was just settling your gaze on his eyes. His eyes have a certain undefinable sparkle to them. Alluring and sensual, with a touch of mischief. You gulped. The heat in your body wouldn't stop increasing.

You then felt the warmth of his breath brushing your cheeks and his lips pressing onto your red-tinted cheeks. You peered at him. *Could he possibly like me as well?* L.Joe beamed, 'Does it feel better now? Umma told me that if you kiss your wound, you'd feel million times better. Tell me how you feel. I wanna prove if it's right.'

You pouted in disappointment. *So I was wrong*

L.Joe, who received no response from you, shook your arm, 'Yaaah. You haven't answered my question.'

You shook his hands away and yelled, 'Shireeeo! Why should I anyways?'

He playfully pinched your nose, 'Because you're my bodyguard, which means you have to obey your master.'

He giggled. You ran to the garden as you were sick of being teased by him. You whined, 'I love you, L.Joe master. But, what you just did has just proven that you merely take me as your bodyguard. If this is the only way I could stay by your side, I'll be your bodyguard then, forever..'

You didn't know that L.Joe was actually hiding behind the wall and had heard every single bit you just said. He padded to you and hold your shoulders, '__________, I don't want you to be my bodyguard no more.' *I love you too. I'm sorry that I hold onto that for so long*

Tears started welling up in the bottomless pools of your eyes. You were totally shocked because you thought he hated you and was going to fired you off, 'Why? Is it because I haven't been protecting you enough? I'll improve myself! I'll do better, j-just let me be your bodyguard.' *I wanna stay by your side, forever and always*

He caressed your face and wiped off your tears, 'I didn't mean that way.'

You looked at him with your teary eyes, 'Then, what do you mean?'

L.Joe abruptly hugged you, 'I want you to be my girlfriend and let me be your bodyguard. I w-will protect you.'

'R-Really?'

You woke up in the middle of the night with the dream paused midway, felt the prick of tears behind your eyelids. You panted, 'It's L.Joe. He's the one in the dream, the one who hugged me. That was why he gave me such familiar feeling. I a-actually loved him? But what made me hate him so much ever since I was young? And why?'

You ran to his room, without realizing that it's actually only 3am. You shook his shoulders with your tears trickling down, 'Yaah, L.Joe. Wake up.'

Instead of being awakened by your arms, he actually woke up because of your voice. He thought something serious had happened to you, 'W-What happened? And why a-are you crying?'

You didn't care about his questions, 'Were we in l-love when we were young?'

His eyes widened but he kept silence because there was a terrible memory back then - the incident.

You bit your lips, 'Why aren't you answering me?'

L.Joe summoned up his courage and gulped, 'Yes! We were in love but ther-'

You hugged him before he could finish his sentence, 'Why didn't you tell me? Why did I forget everything about that? Why?'

L.Joe's POV:
She recalled her memory but perhaps not the incident. If she had totally forgotten the incident, maybe I should not let her know about it. Let me be selfish for once, I want to own her. I want to own Kim_________.

L.Joe gave you a squeeze tight and seized your waist, 'I'm sorry, _______. I'm sorry but my love for you has never changed. It has always been the same and will always stay that way.'

Your eyes bulged out. You looked at him with your gleaming eyes as he lifted your chin to meet your gaze. He slowly leaned towards you and you shut your eyes. L.Joe looked at you deeply with his lips reaching yours. His kiss made you felt so protective and secure. You couldn't help it but your heart just wouldn't stop pounding vigorously. Your blood flowed rapidly in your cheeks, making your face red as ever.  He then put his hands down at your waist to pull you closer to his chest so that you could feel his heart that was thumping like a horse's hoof on a dirt road. It was continuous and rapid.

3.07am, this might be the most confusing moment ever, but you loved it.