7

.unfinished finale.

--- (LAYHO) --- (SULAY) --- (LAYHO) ---

Everything felt still. To Suho it felt that time stopped. Jaehyo gulped and his hand started to shake. He dropped his gun; the clank of the gun hitting the floor echoed through the whole warehouse. Jaehyo looked down and saw blood on his shirt. It was growing at a fast rate. He got shot.

Lay turned to where the gun shot came from and his eyes set on Kai. Kai did prepare himself when he went with Lay and Suho. Thankfully he had a licensed gun in his car. Kai was holding onto a gun, shaking. Of course, he never shot anyone, he mostly did practice shots in the range with his mentor and classmates, but shooting in real life was so different; so new for Kai. 

"Su-Suho…go get Joonxing…" Kai let out a breath. Suho didn't move from his spot on the ground. He was too much shocked to do anything.

"Suho!!" Kai yelled in a stern voice at him which made Suho turn his head quickly to face Kai. "Get Joonxing! Now!" Kai dropped to his knees and started to shake even more.

Jaehyo coughed up some blood and it started to drip from the corners of his mouth. He fell to his knees; slightly loosening his grip of Joonxing. The child took the opportunity to run to his mother.

"Mommy!!"

Suho got up and ran to meet up with his son. He knelt down and hugged his son tightly. He gave kisses on his son's head and tears of happiness waved over him.

"My baby!" He rubbed his cheeks against his son's head. "I'm so glad you are safe!"

Jaehyo glanced at Suho and Joonxing hugging each other. He coughed more blood out and saw his gun near him. He reached out for it, but Lay noticed what he was about to do. He quickly ran over to him and kicked the gun out of his reach.

"Don't even…" Lay hissed at him. He turned to Kai who was now getting up from the ground. "Kai! Call the police!"

Kai nodded and took out his phone from his pocket and started to dial. Lay ran over to Suho and Joonxing and gave them a hug.

"I'm glad you two are safe." He started to get teary eyed. He his son's head and laid a kiss on his head. "Thank god." He whispered.

Jaehyo pressed on his wound to try and prevent blood spilling more. He started to cry. All he wanted was Suho to be with him. That is all he wanted. He wanted to make him happy and smile like before when they were still best friends, he wanted to be the one, not Lay. He glanced at Suho to see him smiling and tears in his eyes while nuzzling his cheek against his son's head, then looking up at Lay with happiness. Jaehyo saw his smile; he did miss it.

'Suho…'

Tears started to stream from his eyes. True, he did want Suho to be happy. Guess Lay is truly the one to make Suho happy. Jaehyo was about to say something to them, before he felt his strength slipping away. He tried his best to crawl over to them, but he collapsed; he coughed more blood up. He glanced once more at the family before him and slowly closed his eyes.

Kai ran over to Jaehyo to check his pulse.

"He…He's dead." Kai said as he turned to the family. Suho looked at Lay, who looked back at him. Suho breathed and held his son tightly.

--- (LAYHO) --- (SULAY) --- (LAYHO) ---

The police came with the ambulance; Suho carried Joonxing, while his other arm was supporting Lay. Kai wobbled behind them carrying a now dead Jaehyo on his back. The medics rushed towards them and tended their injuries. Kai recognized one of the policemen; it was one of his mentors.

"Ah! Sir Minho!"

Minho turned. "Kai!" Minho jogged towards him. Kai told Minho everything that happened and the history of Jaehyo from what Suho has told them. Minho nodded, understanding the situation they were in. He respected Kai's decision; after all Jaehyo was planning on killing them all, except for Suho. He patted him on the shoulder.

"For a trainee…you did okay. How was it?"

Kai coughed. "S-Sir…honestly…it was scary…" Kai looked at his hands. "If I didn't pull the trigger…Suho and Lay's child would have been shot before my eyes."

Minho nodded. He motioned him to go to a medic and get bandaged up.

Meanwhile, Lay, Suho, and Joonxing were being checked up. Suho and Joonxing were done being checked and they went to see how Lay was doing. They saw the medics wrapping a bandage around Lay's torso. He received a big bruise on his torso and a couple of cuts on his cheeks. Suho nodded at the medics, thanking them for helping his husband. He placed his hand on Lay's cheek, in which Lay nuzzled against it.

"I told you…you would get hurt." Suho sighed, trying to hold back his tears. Lay looked at Suho's eyes and smiled.

"It's fine. I'm glad you two are fine…this whole nightmare…is finally over." Lay breathed out.

--- (LAYHO) --- (SULAY) --- (LAYHO) ---

A couple of months later, Lay shut the back of Kai's car and grabbed the luggage in his hand. Both families were at the airport; Kai, Kyungsoo, and Jongsoo were dropping Lay,Suho, and Joonxing off. They were moving to China, more specifically, where Lay grew up. Lay and Suho decided that they wanted to start anew.

"Thanks Kai for driving us." Lay patted Kai on the shoulder. "And congratulations on graduating! We are proud of you." Lay smiled at Kai. Kai, couple months back, graduated and now is part of the police force. He was currently wearing his uniform, feeling proud.

"Thanks Lay." Kai responded. He gave Lay a hug and told him that he was going to miss them.

Kyungsoo hugged Suho and told him to call once they landed. Suho nodded and hugged Kyungsoo tighter. Both kids hugged each other and even switched EXO rangers as a little remembrance of each other; Joonxing gave his EXO purple ranger: Lulu to Jongsoo while he gave his EXO yellow ranger: Chenchen to him.

After doing another goodbye, the Zhang family walked inside of the airport. Once in the plane, Suho took the window while Joonxing sat between his parents. Lay grabbed Suho's hand and smiled at him; Suho smiled back at his husband. Joonxing stared at both of the parents and placed his hand on top of them; he smiled at them both. Suho giggled and placed a kiss on his son's head.

"Have you practiced your chinese yet?" Lay asked as he his thumb on Suho's hand. He nodded.

"I have!" Suho said proudly. He started to say a sentence in chinese, but it came out weird, in which Lay laughed.

"Hey! I'm trying okay!" Suho pouted. Lay nodded and leaned over to give Suho a sweet kiss.

"I love you." Lay whispered. Suho smiled and whispered back that he loved him in chinese, in which Lay smiled.

Joonxing wiggled in his seat. "I want kisses too!"

Both Suho and Lay chuckled and leaned to their son to give him a kiss on the head.

"Attention everyone." The pilot spoke over the intercom. "This is your pilot Siwoo, we will leaving in a few minutes and we be arrive at our destination in a few hours. We will be serving lunches in a few minutes with drinks. Thank you for choosing Exotic Airlines, so please sit back and relax."

Suho smiled and looked out the window.

'Goodbye Korea…' He sighed and looked back at Lay who was checking out a magazine and Joonxing laying his head on his dad's arm playing with his EXO yellow ranger ChenChen. Suho smiled; He was truly happy that his husband and child were safe, and especially the whole nightmare that happened months back is now finally over. He exhaled. He couldn't wait to start anew in China.

--- (LAYHO) --- (SULAY) --- (LAYHO) ---

And I am done. I was gunna edit ch.3 - 5, but I just got home...so I'll do it sometime later.

Hope that you enjoyed it~

OH and even though I used Jaehyo as the bad guy, I do not hate him. I absolutely adore Jaehyo...the real one!

He was randomly picked from a list for the 1st story, so yeah. Real Jaehyo = good, Fanfic Jaehyo = big meanie.

Comment if you like~

More stories here [ x ] [ majority are fluffy ]