3

.unfinished finale.

Couple days later, there were no signs of Jaehyo; Suho felt a little relieved about it, a little relieved. Jaehyo came by once again and asked the same thing.

"Are you free for coffee now."

All Suho wanted to do was go home snuggle up with his child and lover and watching TV, but Jaehyo just had to ruin that. He refused a couple of times while walking away, but Jaehyo wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Just one cup of coffee. That's all I'm asking for." Jaehyo said as he stood now in front of Suho, blocking his path. All Suho did was sigh; he pondered for a bit. Maybe if he went, Jaehyo could leave him alone now. Suho looked at his former best friend and nodded.

"But I get to choose." Suho stated. Jaehyo nodded and followed Suho the nearest coffee shop.

Suho chose a place that was filled with a lot of people.

'At least there will be people…' Suho looked around. 'If he tries anything, there are many who will be the witnesses.'

Both took their seats; a waiter came by with a bright smile on his face.

"Hello! I'm Mir! And I'll be your waiter today." He whipped out his small notepad. "So what would you like? Our drinks specials today are pumpkin spiced latte, salted caramel hot chocolate, and pumpkin spice creme frappuccino. And for baked goods, we have pumpkin scones and pumpkin cream cheese muffins."

"Oh wow." Suho said with amazement. "They all sound good. Um…I'll try the pumpkin spiced latte."

Mir nodded his head and turned to Jaehyo, who ordered just black coffee. With that Mir nodded to the both of them and went off to place his order. It was an awkward moment for the both of them; Jaehyo would glance here and there at Suho while his head was staring down at his hands which were on his lap. Thankfully, Mir came by and gave them both their drinks.

"Thank you." Suho nodded at Mir, who smiled back. Suho paid for the both of them and told him to keep the change.

"I could have paid Suho." Jaehyo said.

"Thats okay."

It was awkward again.

"So…" Jaehyo started. "How are you?"

Suho looked up from his drink. "I've been great. Um, how about you?"

Jaehyo shrugged. "I've been okay. I'm currently in school." Suho nodded.

"Thats good."

"Yeah."

Suho brought his drink up with his left hand, making Jaehyo notice a ring on his ring finger.

"Is that…" Jaehyo pointed at the ring. "…a ring? You're engaged?"

Suho brought down his drink and gently placed it on the table.

"Erm, no…I'm married."

"Oh…to who?"

"Yixing."

"What?!" Suho jumped and a few people stared. Jaehyo apologized and looked back at Suho. He was of course shocked. He just thought that they were just friends, shopping together last time he saw them. He shook the thought away and tried his best to smile.

"T-Thats great Suho. I'm h-happy for you both."

"Thank you."

"So…are you planning on adopting any children?"

Suho shook his head. "We already have one."

"What?"

"Um, I got pregnant."

Jaehyo's eyes went wide. "Pregnant?! But…you're a male! How can you get pregnant?!"

Suho shrugged. "I just happen to have both." Suho rubbed his stomach. Jaehyo fidgeted; he couldn't believe what he just heard. The one that he loved got pregnant and it wasn't him. He shook the image of Suho and Lay having physical intimacy. He tried hard not to cry and put up a fake smile.

"Thats great. Boy or a girl?"

Suho stopped rubbing his stomach and looked at Jaehyo. "We have a boy."

Jaehyo nodded. "It was that kid right? The one that ran up to you the other day when Lay picked you up from work." Suho slowly nodded.

"Yeah."

Jaehyo sighed and his cup of black coffee. It was hard for him to hear that.

"He…he is handsome boy."

Suho slightly smiled at him. "Thank you." He sighed and stood up from his seat. "I'm sorry, but I have to go." He leaned over and patted Jaehyo on the shoulder. "You will find someone better than me. Okay? So keep on trying…" With that, Suho left Jaehyo, still sitting with his black coffee.

Jaehyo sighed and shook his head.

"You were the one…and I lost you." He whispered to himself. "It should've been me…not Lay."