Seven.

Alive

Leeteuk knocks the brown wooden door in front of him. “Come in.” Leeteuk follows the demand coming from inside the room. He turns the knop and opens the door. He makes some steps in. He pulls the chair out, sitting on it. “Something’s wrong, Sir?” A big man who sits facing him seems so busy with his papers. He doesn’t even give a look at Leeteuk. He’s just there, reading all of those pieces. He shakes his head. “Not really.” He puts down the papers he has been holding since before. His eyes are now at the same level with Leeteuk’s.

“I’m just wondering if it’s really okay or not, you know, letting her hold that thing.”

“I’m not sure as well, but she insisted.” Leeteuk sighs. “But I can ensure you, there’s nothing going to happen with her, Director Kim.”

“I know.”

The phone rings interrupts their talk. Director Kim directly answers the call. “Yes?” His eyes widen up. His face become so serious yet worried. He nods several times during the call. He hangs the phone up and looks at Leeteuk. “What is it?” Leeteuk asked curiously. Director Kim shuts his lips, leaving Leeteuk with questions. “Get your gun. I need all the best kids you have. Make them ready and meet me in 5 minutes. We’re playing the game today.”

“What? Could you at least tell me what happen?”

“We don’t have enough time.”

“Sir, I need to know the situation.”

“And I need you and your guys to be ready in 5 minutes. Do you understand?”

“Yes.”

“Good.” Director Kim runs out of the room. He shouts, demanding his men. Leeteuk takes the stairs down. He’s panting. He moves his feet as fast as he can. He fishes out his phone from his pocket. He types Hyojoo with his fingers and pushes the green button. He keeps running while holding his phone. “Hello?” Hyojoo’s voice comes out from the speaker. “Make yourself ready. I’ll be there in a minute.” Leeteuk puts his phone back in his pant pocket. He looks at his watch and runs faster.

Hyojoo stands from her seat. She grabs her belongings, jamming them all into her bag. She checks her gun and tucks it in her pocket. She ties her shoelaces. She approaches Sora who stares at her with confuse eyes. Hyojoo pats Sora’s shoulder and smiles calmly. “I got to go for now. I’ll make sure you’re going to get your Dad’s map back in your hands.”

“But..”

“No. I’m sorry, but I can’t let you come with me. Well, not now. It’s too dangerous. You know, I don’t train you this thing yet. I don’t want something bad happens with you later.” She moves her face. “Minhyuk, take a good care of your sister. Will you?” Minhyuk shakes his head up and down. Hyojoo smiles at the siblings. She turns her head when someone hardly bangs the door behind her. “Hey. You’re okay, Leeteuk?” Leeteuk tries to breath. He holds his chest, nodding to Hyojoo’s question. Hyojoo turns back her head. She gives Sora a smile then runs catching Leeteuk up.

“What is it now?” She asks Leeteuk when she finally reaches him. “He didn’t tell me anything. What I know is we’re going for that bastard.” Hyojoo opens her car and swings in. She tucks the key in and starts the engine. Leeteuk sits beside her. She rushes the car, driving it out from the parking area. She can see Director Kim’s car and follows it. Leeteuk feels his phone vibrates.

“Sir? Yes. Yes. I get it, Sir. Hyojoo, the airport.”

“What did he say?”

“Jaeshik is going to board in 30 minutes. Director Kim wants us reach him first. You think you can make it?”

“I have to. I mean like, he had successfully escaped from us for about, I don’t even remember the exact amount. We can’t lose him this time.”

“Then, step on it!”

“I am!” Hyojoo steps on the gas pedal. Her car runs really fast. Leeteuk holds his car seat tightly. “You’re out of the speed limit!” Leeteuk turns his head at Hyojoo, shouting at her ears. Hyojoo doesn’t give any cares on Leeteuk’s warn. She keeps driving crazily fast while Leeteuk is holding his own fear. “You’re insane!” Leeteuk s Hyojoo another shout. Hyojoo suddenly brakes the car. She faces Leeteuk, shooting his eyes with hers.

“We have 25 minutes left to get Jaeshik and you want me to follow the hell yeah speed limit? Geez, Leeteuk, are you a granny or something? So, you better shut the up, fasten your seatbelt, and pray. Got it?” Leeteuk nods. “Great.”

-&-

Minhyuk grabs his sister’s hand. “Let’s go.”

“Where are we going?”

“Just come with me, okay?” Sora stops her move. “What? You don’t believe your own brother now?”

“That’s not it. Is it okay if we just go like this?”

“I don’t care. Look, we need to go, like, right now. Okay?” Sora stays in silence. But, she finally nods, losing from her brother’s stare. Minhyuk pulls Sora out. Sora turns her head slightly and sees the room before she’s leaving it one more time. She can barely see what inside it as Minhyuk runs while holding her hand, making her far from it little by little.