One.

Alive

Seoul, February 14th  2012

It’s still an early morning. Most people are still growling on their bed, making up with their pillows. The sky is still dark. Seems the sun also doesn’t want to wake up. The trees dance nicely. The wind made them. The cold stabs everyone who dares to open their house door.

Some noisy sounds, suddenly come from this one house, the one that at the end of the block. The really bright white walls are surrounding it. It’s the biggest one. The sounds are getting louder. They surely are able to wake the whole neighborhood. A girl with a body full of chocolate sighs. Her experiment is all failed. Burning smell is filling the kitchen. Dark spots are everywhere. The kitchen is a mess. There’s another sigh coming out from . “This can’t be happening.” She stands up, settling all the messes she made.

“What were you doing with my kitchen?” A half-old lady stares confusedly. She crosses her arms. She gives the girl an interrogation look. “I’m sorry. I was just trying to make some cake but, you see, I didn’t make it. I was just making a mess in the end.”

“Why didn’t you ask me?”

“Well, a girl wants to give her prince charming a cake baked by herself, not by her mother.”

“What date is today?”

“14.”

“You know, it doesn’t have to be a chocolate. Give him something else. Something he likes.”

“Whoa, did you do all of these? You’re a master, Sora.” A boy coming from nowhere laughs loudly. “Oh, shut up.”

The boy ouches after Mom hit him. He rubs his head, clucking at Mom. “You better go take some bath, Minhyuk.”

“I know, Mom. Hey, Sora, great job!”

Minhyuk runs as Mom tries to hit him again. Sora gives another sigh.

“I should give him something else.”   

!@#$%^&*

Sora sticks out her neck. Her eyes broom the whole campus, searching for someone. Someone who has been The Most Beautiful Creature God Ever Made for her. Someone who always shows up in her dream. Someone who smiles brightly every each second. She never talks to him, not even a ‘hi’. She’s not even sure whether he knows her. The probability is just too small. So small she doesn’t dare to count. Well, every girl in campus tries to catch his attention and most of those girls are the pretty-prada-popular type. What makes it worse, Sora is, like, nothing. She’s pretty, that’s what her mom said. 100% no prada. Popular? She only knows her brother in this huge area.

Her eyes catch something, err, someone. “Oh. It’s him!” Both of her eye balls transform into a couple of bug-eyed right away. She takes a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. She can feel her heart beats faster than before. Her hands start sweaty. She holds the box tighter, worriying it will slip from her grab. She moves her foot, left first then right. She walks toward him. She tries to make herself confident, convincing herself.

She almost reaches him, just another couple of steps, when someone suddenly pulls her in.

Then,

“BANG!”