Five.

Alive

   Sora watches Leeteuk working with his team from her seat. He seems busy with all the mess in Sora’s house. The red-blue police lights are everywhere. Sora turns her head and sees two people bring out her father’s from the house. She closes her eyes, holding her tears so they don’t fall down. Minhyuk’s big warm hand touches her left shoulder. He sits next to her sister. “Here. Drink this. You need something to warm your body up.” Minhyuk overs a white glass full of tea. Sora takes it with one hand, giving her brother a smile, if it can be called smile. She drinks the tea up. “How did you get here?”

“I heard the bang. I saw that tall guy pulled you out of campus. Then, I just, got here. You know, my feeling told me to go home. So, I followed it. And, yeah, I received something much unimaginable. It was a big shock, though. Ha. I still can’t figure out if it’s only and not more than a ing nightmare or it’s damn real. I don’t know.”

Sora grabs her brother’s hand. “I never thought someone would fire me, either.” Sora lives in silent for a while. Then, suddenly her eyes pop out. She remembers something. She stands up, bursting into the house. Minhyuk runs following her. Sora gets her feet to her father’s office extremely fast. She looks at the whole room, searching out. She opens the table drawer. “What are you looking for?” Minhyuk tries to stabilize his breath.

“Dad’s map, the yellow one.”

“What map?”

“The map with some majorly important papers. I know Dad was hiding it from Jaeshik-ssi before he died. I’m pretty sure those papers are what Jaeshik-ssi looks for.”

“Who?”

“Jin Jaeshik. Dad’s lifetime partner, remember?”

“That fat ahjussi?”

“His men were the people who tried to kill me this morning. He must be heading for that map.”

“What are inside it actually?”

“I don’t really know, but I heard Dad talked about a formula of serum he made with Jaeshik-ssi. It can make a person stronger than the other human being, like 10 times stronger. It can also make that person who drinks it, you know, invulnerable.”

“Just like Superman?”

“Yeah, but not that powerful. That’s all I know.”

“And how do you know that once again?”

“Last month, the last time Jaeshik-ssi came to our house, I stole a little conversation between Dad and him. It was accidentally.”

Minhyuk nods his head. He, then, starts helping her sister search for the map. He opens every board that exists in that room. He pulls out the drawer his sister has opened before again. He takes out all of the papers inside it. There’s nothing yellow there.

“What are you guys doing here?” Leeteuk shocks the siblings out. He fires them with an intimidation look. “You are not supposed to be in a crime scene, you know. Don’t you see that yellow line over there?” Sora glares at him, intimidating him back. She ignores him and turns her head back to a batch of papers in front of her. She circles the table, hoping to find something hiding inside or outside but unseen by her eyes. She looks at Leeteuk who blocks her way.

“If you are here just for standing there and not helping me instead, just go away. I dare to bet your guys need you out there, Sir.”

“Well, you’re not telling what I shall help you with, Little Miss.”

“I have to find my dad’s map, a yellow map.”

“Why do you have to find it?”

“I don’t get enough time to explain. So, you’re helping or not?”

“Fine.”

Leeteuk goes to the cupboard next to him and opens its glass doors. He moves each books to the right. The first row, then the second row, until the last row. He finds nothing but dusts. He moves to the next cupboard, doing the same thing as before. He still gets nothing. He hears Sora’s sigh. He turns his body and shakes his head. “It’s not here.”

Sora looks at Leeteuk blankly. Her body gets strained. She clenches her both hands. Her shoulders are shaking.

“I must get that file, no matter how it will take.”