Six.

Alive

“What did you just say?” Leeteuk’s eyes pop out from their sheaths. He looks at the girl in front of him, unbelievably. He blinks several times, trying to get what Sora said before. He puts his hands on his hips. He laughs sarcastically. He walks closer to Sora, right to her face. “Say it again. Say those words, one more time.”

“I want to be included in this mission.”

“Why do you want to be included in this mission?”

“You won’t understand. I just need to be.”

“Try me.”

Sora shuts her lips and stabs Leeteuk with her eyes. She crosses her arms. “Few years ago, my dad invented a serum. I was there watching him made that. But, I didn’t know it was powerful-maker serum, yet. Last month, Jin Jaeshik came to our house and talked with my Dad privately. I accidentally heard their conversation. Jaeshik wanted that serum, but my Dad didn’t plan to give it to anybody. It was not a serious experiment. He was just curious about something that can make a person, you know, super. Jaeshik pushed my Dad and threatened him. The formula of the serum was kept in my Dad drawer until this morning when Jaeshik’s guys took it. I don’t know what his aim stealing that formula, but I know it’s not for a good thing.”

“Wait, so your dad is not the owner of the biggest market in the city?”

“He is, but he’s originally scientist.”

“He graduated from Sungkyunkwan University with the highest score.” Minhyuk ups from his seat. “No one knows, except us and Jin Jaeshik. He’s an old friend. Well, used to be. They had been competed with each other since high school. My dad was always the first and Jaeshik was the second in everything. They were, like, really close. Then, Dad found out that Jaeshik was trapped by this illegal organization which made him into some kind of a ing bad guy. Dad tried to save Jaeshik, but he got beat up by his own buddy. Dad never called Jaeshik and Jaeshik never called my dad.” Minhyuk pauses. He walks toward the window, observing what outside.

“But, yeah, seems he ended up calling my Dad.” Sora continues. Leeteuk stares at her deeply, mad yet concern. He laughs teasingly. Leeteuk puts his both hands on his waists.

“So, you’re saying that you want to be a sudden hero without any experience of punching a guy and holding a gun by saving your dad’s ing yellow map which has a damn super important formula you don’t even understand?” Sora keeps silent. She gathers her top and bottom lips. Her eyes stay still at Leeteuk’s face, not willing to make a move. Leeteuk put his hands down and sighs. “You don’t get it, do you?”

Sora nods. So do Hyojoo and Minhyuk. “Look. Miss Sora, I can’t let you offering yourself to death. Understand?”

“I won’t die.”

“Really? Why are you so sure about that?”

“I. Won’t. Die.”

Leeteuk takes a deep breath and exhales heavily. He ties his arms on his chest. He walks back and forth. Hyojoo frowns, thinking for something. “Wait. Don’t you have any hidden camera at your house?”

“Camera? I don’t think so.” Sora turns her head to Minhyuk. He shakes his head, agreeing his sister. Hyojoo massages her own head with her right hand. She closes her eyes, trying to figure things out. She knocks the wooden floor of their office with her toe cap. Everyone in that room keeps shutting their mouths up. Leeteuk still continues his back and forth steps. Sora’s eyes move in circle, observing stuffs in the office. Minhyuk sits near the big window and looks outside.

“We have no other option.” Leeteuk stops. His eyes meet Sora’s. “Are you 100% sure you want to do this?” Sora answers him with several nods. Minhyuk watches his sister from a far.  Hyojoo stops knocking. She stares at Leeteuk with a full-of-questions look. Leeteuk move his body around. “Hyojoo, I need you to teach her everything.” Hyojoo points herself. “Why me?”

“Because I know I can believe you.”

“Fine. Teach her everything, like everything?”

Leeteuk smiles as his answer for Hyojoo’s question. He makes steps approaches Minhyuk. “Don’t give me that look. You can kill me if your sister dies because of me. I know what I’m doing.” Minhyuk stabs Leeteuk with his stare. There’s still unbelief in his eyes. He just sits and doesn’t seem willing to open his mouth or give any reaction.

Oppa, it’s okay. Everything is going to be just fine. I’ll be alright.” Sora takes Minyuk’s hand and smiles at him. Minhyuk watches Sora’s face for a while. He nods, giving his only sister a warm smile. Sora breaths freely. “Good. When can we start?”