Unexpected Reaction

Criminal; For Stealing My Heart

“Kids.” The low voice made Ji Eun wake up.

“Oh?” She was shocked. “Where are we?” She asked.

“You’re at the terminal. It’s already 11:47 pm.” The driver kindly answered.

“Yoseob! Yoseob! Wake up.” She slightly slapped Yoseob’s face that was still in his deep sleep. Yoseob opened his eyes. He felt really sorry for the driver because of the trouble. Thankfully, the driver was really nice.

“It’s ok son* (He’s not reffering to Yoseob as his biological son. Just a word that some kind middle age man like to addressed to teenage, little children.).” Yoseob and Ji Eun quickly jumped out of the bus.

“How come you fell asleep?” Ji Eun was still embarrassed.

“I’m tired too.” Yoseob’s voice became weak.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been like that since we rode the bus. Are you sick?” Ji Eun placed her hands on Yoseob’s forehead to feel his temperature.

“Oh no.” She gasp. “You’re burning with fever. I have to bring you home quickly.” She panicked.

“How come you’re panicking like that? I haven’t seen you act like that ever since you’re cat got ran by a car.” Yoseob joked.

“Stop saying anything. If you didn’t stop teasing me .... ?” She hurried and left him at the street. Yoseob can’t tell if she’s concern, angry, or irritated. Yoseob didn’t say anything and continued to walk.

“Akkk.” Yoseob groaned in pain. Ji Eun looked behind. When she looked behind, she saw Yoseob following him and smile at her.

“How come he’s still smiling when he’s having a high fever?”  She thought. Yoseob kept walking. Trying not to fall, she continued to follow Ji Eun.

“I can’t believe you’re still smiling.” Ji Eun purposely made her statement loud enough so that Yoseob can hear her. She didn’t get any response.

“Are you trying to……..” Ji Eun’s legs lost its power. She saw Yoseob lying at the street.

“Yoseob.” She ran towards him.

“Why are you lying there? Stand up.” She helped him stand up. Yoseob smiled who is trying not to show her that he is in pain.

“I hate you.” She cried. “Why do you have to do this to me?”

“I’m sorry. I can’t do it. I can’t make myself look strong enough in front of you.” He looked at her eyes.

“That’s ok, just stand up. We’re almost at your house just 3 blocks away.” Ji Eun helped Yoseob.

At Yoseob’s house.

“Sorry grandma, he was studying so hard that’s why he became so sick. I’m sorry.” Ji Eun lied at Yoseob's grandma.

“It’s ok darling. Thank you for bringing him here. You guys should marry each other as soon as possible. I want to see you guys see in wedding dresses before I died.” Grandma Yang joked. Ji Eun smiled but inside, she had this weird feeling. She felt embarrassed but she liked it.

“Grandma, don’t joke around.” Yoseob’s said while lying down in front of his grandma and Ji Eun.

“It’s okay Yoseob. Grandma is just joking. I’ll think about that grandma. I must go home now. It’s being too late.” She kissed Yoseob’s grandma’s cheeks.

“How about me? No kiss?” Yoseob asked. Ji Eun gave him a scary look. “Just kidding.” He added.

“Take care darling, Sorry my Yoseob can’t drop you off your house.” Grandma Yang send Ji Eun at their gate.

“It’s okay grandma, I’m all good.” She smiled. Once again, she bowed and left.