Looking Around

The Partners

Next morning..

"ring ring ring ring" the sound of Victoria's alarm make an extremely loud sound. Victoria grab the alarm and throw it to the floor. The alarm broke and she cover herself with a comfy pillow . It's her hobby and she had changed hundreds of alarm. Now, she have 26 alarm left in her cupboard. 

"Ani alarm. I don't want to wake up now. Why do you wake me up in this morning? It's still 4 in the morning. The sky are still darks. You must wake me up at 5." whine Victoria as she almost cry. She's really lazy to wake up in the morning.

5 minutes later, her dad comes to wake her up. "Victoria-ah" her dad played a record of Nichkhun calling Victoria. But still Victoria know it's dad.

"Ya!!" screamed Victoria as she cry loudly. "I'm not having a good day today! Why do you wake me up this morning, Appa!" she screamed again, opening the pillow that cover herself. Her dad can see her tears flowing to her cheeks. Her eyes become even more narrow. This is the second time she's having a bad day in the morning.

"You know what day is this? This day is couple race. Nichkhun is waiting for you in front of the gate. He want to jog with you. He phoned me last night that's why I set your alarm so early in the morning. But please... Don't tell Umma." Dad said truthfully in front of Victoria. Victoria doesn't beleive that her Khunnie would do that.

"Jinjja? Khunnie's waiting? I'd better hurry!" Victoria widden her eyes as she approached the bathroom. She brushes her teeth, take a bath, wash her face, Use her make up, use the powder and whatever it is. Then she go back to her room and open her cupboard. She see it's full of alarm clock.

"Aish, disgusting thing. You shouldn't be in my room." Victoria said as she throw the alarm one by one towards her dad. Luckily, her dad catch and put all of them to her bed. She emptied the alarm clock and found her clothes below the alarm clock. She pick an orange adidas tank top and cover it with purple adidas jacket although it's hot. She just want it to match. She also pick a black adidas tracking pants.

"Appa! Get out! I will change my clothes first." She push her dad facing the door and open the door. Now, she started to change her clothes. After she's done, she get out to meet her dad.

"I will use my new white shoes that you buy me yesterday." She say all of a sudden to her dad. "Good" her dad murmured to her. She show a sweet smile. But she suddenly say "let's hurry. I must go before mom get up" She run downstairs and get out to the garage where the rack of shoes are. She use her new white shoes although yesterday she murmured that it looked bad. She then get out to meet Nichkhun.

"Khunnie! How do I look?" Victoria said with excitement and hug Nichkhun. "I use my best clothes and shoes" she lied to Nichkhun cause she actually don't like the shoes. But she has no choice cause she don't want to make herself ashamed infront of Nichkhun.

"Victoria, you look sporty. Dress up like this another day." Nichkhun said as he release the hug from Victoria. "Today is couple race. I ever saw you running so slow. I want to train you now. 100 metres. I already set a target there. I mark it with a yellow line." Nichkhun said again as he points the yellow line 80 metres away. "Now, the yellow line is 80 metres away from us you must step back 20 metres."

Without any word Victoria runs 20 metres away to the back. "Is it enough?" Victoria asked Nichkhun.

"Yes it is. Now, I already prepare the pistol. When I shot it to the air, You will start to run and I will drop the pistol. Then, I will go there where you start and start running." Nichkhun explained to Victoria as he is ready to shot. Victoria is confused that she will be racing him but because she see that Nichkhun is ready, she just get prepared.

"Ready" Nichkhun say for the first time. "Set" the second time "Go" he shot the pistol and drop it to the ground while Victoria started to run. He goes to the line where Victoria start and he run from there. Victoria, with heavy breath was already 20 metres in front of Nichkhun. Nichkhun started with ease and not long time again, he's in the same distance with Victoria. While Victoria is panting so much, Nichkhun is still running with ease.

"I think I should lower my speed" Nichkhun said to Victoria as he lower his speed. But in the way, Nichkhun stopped and he just walk fast since Victoria is really far behind. As he walk, he's already in front of the line but Victoria is even more further than before. He stopped in front of the line and sit down, waiting for Victoria to come and finish the line since he did this 100 metres line for Victoria.

"You just need to wait for me. I'll higher my speed" Victoria speak softly in her heart. He try to show off her maximum speed and the speed just increase a bit. Now, it's just 10 metre's left to reach the line. In 5 seconds, she finish it. As she is tired, she sit in the ground.

"Time: 10 minutes" Nichkhun said as he laugh.

"Ani..... I'm not a turtle." Victoria said, panting.

"Well, I'm just joking. The real time is actually 18 seconds. It's not so slow. For a girl it's enough." Nichkhun said to Victoria.

"So I don't need to practice again right?" Victoria ask to Nichkhun and she is still panting. "But you come to my house just for this?" Victoria said standing up.

"Ani. I also want to drop you to the location. It's quite far. We must come there by 45 pass 5. And it takes 45 minutes to reach there. Now is already 15 pass 4. If we go now, we will reach there about 5 o'clock. But now, since there's a traffic jam, we must go now." Nichkhun explained Victoria all the things he know now. But when Nichkhun is explaining, Victoria is already heading into the car.

"Ya! Your explanation is wasting the time. We must go now." Victoria said, closing the door. "Ye, ye, ye" Nichkhun hurry and head to the car. He drive it for Victoria.

"Khunnie? You have any towel or tissue?" Victoria ask him when she realize that she don't bring her bag. "I need it to wipe my sweat" she continued again. Without saying anything Nichkhun just point to the back seat.

"Wae? Is it there?" Victoria asked him and he nodded. "Ok" she answered and turn herbody easily to the backseat. There, she grab the towel.

"Don't you realize that I bring two towels?" Nichkhun said as he is trying to focus on the road.

"Ani." Victoria stopped and wipe her sweat. "But I can guess that's for the couple things. Why don't you buy something like.... Iphone case? I need one. Mine is already broken. It's already torn." Victoria murmured to Nichkhun. Yes she is correct. Hers is actually still good but due to she's bored, she tore it off with a knife so that someone will buy her one.  

'Aigoo, I forget that hers is already torn. I must make a reason.' Nichkhun thought to himself. He think of a good excuse and think that Victoria will trust him.

"Well, I'm going to H and M. So there's no I-phone case. And I'm going with my old friends so that I can't be selfish." Nichkhun said to Victoria  and she trust him cause of his reasonable answer.

"But still, I need an Iphone case for my Iphone." she argue to Nichkhun. "Sorry" Nichkhun said, to Victoria since she don't know what to say to her. But because he really hate what Victoria do to him and there is a sharp turn in the road, Nichkhun turn the car rudely and makes Victoria shocked.

"Ya! Khunnie ya! You must drive well! How about a car comes near us?" Victoria said to Nichkhun. "Don't need to say sorry" Victoria said before Nichkhun can say sorry to her. Don't want to make any noise again, Nichkhun become silent and become more focused on the road. 10 minutes again, Victoria fell asleep in the car. While driving, Nichkhun recognize and take a camera with his right hand and take a picture of her.

'I will paste it to my diary and decorate it.' Nichkhun thought to himself, looking at the picture.

1 hour later, they arrive at the location because of traffic jam. 

"Victoria! Wake up!" Nichkhun wake Victoria up. Victoria, without whining, wake up instantly.

"Should we look around first? It will be easy if we know the game." Nichkhun said to Victoria. Victoria didn't answer anything, but she just nodded.

First area: Running

"Ya! I always know that there will be running competitions! There will be always a running competition in a couple race!"Nichkhun said surely. "Why's the game always the same? I will win it this time!" Nichkhun said, forcing himself to win.

"There's no need to worry. Just beleive that you will win. We've won thousands of them." Victoria said to Nichkhun that they surely win.

"Yes, I know. But don't you feel a bit different from the past?" Nichkhun stopped and raised both of his eyebrow. "There's a lot of flag and it's even longer." Nichkhun continued, pointing at the running area.

Second area: Swimming pool

"Oh swimming? I can't swim!" Victoria worry of herself since she's afraid that she will sink. "I ever sink in a 2 meter swimming pool. At home" Victoria continue to worry about herself because of the past that she has experienced.

"You can stand in this pool. It's just 1.5 meter deep." Nichkhun said to Victoria so she won't worry. "But the problem is that your shirt. How about if it's totally wet?" Nichkhun shrugged. "Do you bring your extra-clothes?" Nichkhun asked Victoria although he knows the answer is no. She didn't even bring her bag. She just bring her phone in her pocket.

"Omo! I don't bring!" Victoria panicked

"PLEASE GATHER TO THE LOBBY. PLEASE GATHER TO THE LOBBY" A sound from the lobby announces. They hurry to the lobby and they see students lining up. 

"DARAGON, BOMBAE, YOONHYUK AND HAESICA. LINE UP. YOU WILL BE GROUP GREEN. TAKE YOUR GREEN SHIRTS THERE AND LEAVE" The teacher says with a microphone.

"Yaayy!!! Green! It's the luck of Irish!" Dara said joyfully then they leave.

"KHUNTORIA, YONGSEO, JOONSEO AND SUNHEE, LINE UP. YOU WILL BE GROUP RED. TAKE YOU RED SHIRTS THERE AND LEAVE" the teacher says again. They now are departing to the running area.