Chapter Eight: Your… In love…?

Seoul to Soul

“So, I’ve been writing something lately. I was wondering if you would like to listen and tell me what you think?” He looked up at me with hopeful eyes. I smiled, pleased to be the one he trusts with his new song.

“Sure. I’d love to!” I sat and listened as he began. The music played off of his computer and he stood there beside me. He closed his eyes and started rapping the lyrics by heart. I listened intently, although, as I listened to the words my heart began to drop. It was really great, but it spoke of falling in love and such things. And… for some reason… I found that that disappointed me. But... Why should it matter to me if hes in love… I mean… It’s not as though I love him! Right…?

I was quickly lost in though. “Kyumi! Yah! Kyumi!” Suddenly I felt Yongguk’s hand on my shoulder as he shook me out of my trance.

“Ne?” I said, coming to attention. He smiled nervously,

“Well… What do you think...?” I stared back up at him, doe-eyed.

“What do I…? Oh! Yes! I love it! Really! It’s awesome! I’m jealous of your talent.” I joked with him in the end, trying to lighten the mood. A smile lit up his face.

“Really?! Thank you!” I smiled. “Do you have any suggestions?” He asked me.

“Umm, well, this isn’t really my area of expertice… but if you let me look at your lyrics I may be able to help out more…”

“Oh! Yeah! Of course!” He rummaged around on his desk. He finally found what he had been looking for and handed it to me. It was a paper containing his lyrics that he had just performed for me. “You can just keep it if you like. I have others.” I smiled down at the paper.

 “Alright. I’ll let you know if I find anything.”

 

I read over the lyrics again as he watched me. I finished and threw a question around in my head. I finally found the courage to acctually ask it.

“Yongguk…” He raised an eyebrow; surprised by the sudden serious tone in my voice.

“Hmm?” He asked.

“Are you… really in love…?” I lifted the paper up as an indication of where my question was coming from.

“Oh…” He faltered and sat down in the other chair by his desk, spinning around in it slowly. “Well… yeah… I-I think so…” He smiled softly, not looking at me. I nodded, a thick feeling forming in my throat. My next words were a struggle to get out.

“Ahh… I see…” I tried to smile, although I’m sure that if he had looked as me at that moment, he would have been able to see right through it. “Do I… Do I know her?” I asked, afraid of his answer. He chuckled slightly; finally looking over at me again. But he didn’t just look at me; his eyes seemed to bore into me. I stared back, drawn in by them.

“…I’d say you know her quite well…” He continued to stare at me untill I felt uncomfortable and broke the stare.

“Will you tell me who?” I asked, trying to be playful while saying it, although inside I was hurt. But he couldn’t know that. He could never know how this conversation hurt me. He said nothing; he only looked at me. “O-kay…I guess not…” I looked away again. He leaned forward and put his hand around mine; the one with his lyrics in it.

“You know it. Just-Just read it carefully. I hope you can figure it out,” He nodded his head towards the paper in my hand and he then pulled his hand away from mine. I looked away from him, dissapointment filling me. I tried to think of an excuse, anything, to get out of there.

“I-I have to go!” I said, gathering my things.

“Why?” He asked.

“I-I just do.”

I quickly waved and rushed out of the door, letting myself out. I left and started running. I ran untill I was a few blocks away. Pabo. So now he was sending me on some kind of scavenger hunt to figure out who it is he is in love with?!?! Why should I even care?! Why does it matter?! I ‘tsked’ to myself.

“Who am I even kidding…? I love him…”

 

Bang Yongguk’s POV

I watched as she left. I considered running after her, but knew better. She needed to think on her own for awhile and figure things out. I needed to really know her feelings and she did too. I didn’t want to force my feelings on her: make her feel trapped. No, she needs to think. Although I hate upsetting her…

“Pabo… When will you learn…? It’s you I love…”