Chapter Three: Blushing and Awkward Situations

Seoul to Soul

He led me out past all of the people, off the side of the stage and through a side door. He pushed the door open and the fresh night air rushed past us into the din of the smoky venue. Unconciously, I breathed in a large breath, enjoying the fresh air after being cooped up in there for so long. I smiled happily, enjoying the freedom. He continued walking for a few steps untill we were far enough from the door. He then let go of my hand. A feeling of disappointment rushed through me as I felt the cool air hit my hand. My hand seemed empty now without his griping mine. I unconsciously pouted, just in time for him to look over at me. He chuckled and I quickly came to my senses and blushed madly. I turned away and quickly crossed my arms over my chest, embarassed that I had let my self get caught up in some dream. He chuckled again, his deep voice booming through the air around us. I blushed even further. He turned and stepped in front of me. He stuck a hand out.

“I’m Yongguk.” He said. I blinked rapidly; surprised by the situation I was in. He chuckled. “You’re supposed to shake my hand and tell me your name.” I cringed, embarassed by my lack of response. I slowly unfolded my arms and exteded a hand.

“I’m Kyumi.” I answered slowly. He smiled and took my hand, shaking it gently.

“Well, nice to meet you Kyumi.” He smiled. My stomach flipped at the sight. Why did he have this affect on me? No one ever did this to me. I smiled back at him tentatively. He loosened his grip on my hand and I slowly slipped out of his grip. He turned and leaned against the wall behind us. “So, did you enjoy he show?” He asked.

“Huh? Oh! Yes. I did. Well, not at first… but your group made up for it.” I was shocked at my boldness. He raised an eye brow,

“Really?” I nodded. That’s when he broke into a huge grin. “Great!” He smiled and it had that same effect on me. It was contagious, I swear. I found myself quickly smiling back. “Ahh, so what brought you here tonight?”

“Hmm? Oh… Well, it seems that my friends is cousins with one of you group members. She dragged me along with her to hear.”

“Ahh, I see,” He said as he nodded. “One of the guys kept going on how he hoped his cousin would come…” I laughed,

“Yeah. They seemed pretty excited to see each other.”

 

We slowly faded into silence. It wasn’t awkward, more like peaceful. Eventually, I had to break it.

“Why did you bring me out here?” I asked, finally.

“Hmm?” He asked. He must have zoned out. “Oh, that.” He laughed,

“You looked uncomfortable. I know what its like to feel suffocated in there, so I thought this might help you. Plus, you just seemed so awkward standing there. I figured you might appreciate some rescuing.” He smiled, his eyes scrunching up cutely as he did so. I blinked repeatedly, trying to distract myself from… him. Just everything about him. His cute smile, his voice, the warmth that his hand left on mine just moments before… Just everything had my stomach in knots.

“Ohh…” Was all I managed to get out.

We went back to a comfortable silence again, but it didn’t last for long this time.Two people suddenly burst throught the same door we had come through earlier.

“Yonggukkie! There you are! I’ve been looking for you.” I saw Yongguk roll his eyes at the man who approached us.

“Well, I’ve been here the whole time…” He responded calmly.

“Kyumi! You’re here too?! I was looking for you! You just disappeared without a word! Oh, but I see you found Yong-” I gave her a look, telling her to shut up. “-oh…” She stopped and I smiled awkwardly, looking everywhere but at Yongguk.

“Ah! That’s right! Yongguk! We were trying to find you and introduce you to my cousin’s friend, but it seems you met her first.” He blurted out. I wanted to die. Of course he would say that. I sighed and looked at the ground.

“Uh, yeah. I saw her and she seemed uncomfortable, so I brought her out with me for some fresh air.” Yongguk told them. My friend and her cousin continued to prattle on about something ridiculous. But then suddenly he stopped and looked at me closer.

“Hey, wait… Aren’t you that girl…? That one that our Yonggukkie kept wa-” He was cut off abruptly by Yongguk kicking his leg. “Yah! That hurt! What was that for? Oh…” That was when he realised his mistake. I giggled and so did his cousin. You could almost see smoke rising out of Yongguk’s ears. I smiled.

So, maybe the feeling was mutual afterall.