Chapter Eleven: Get Well Soon

Seoul to Soul

Sorry about tehe super short last chapter! It was actually supposed to go with the chapter before, but I forgot  it... :S Sorry!

But here's my second update for the night!

Thanks for reading! :D


Y: Are you coning to my show tonight?

K: I can’t. I’m sorry! I’m sick.

Y: What? Really? I’m sorry. What’s wrong?”

K: I have a cold…

Y: Oh, can I do anything for you? Do you need anything?

K: No, I’m fine… Good luck tonight! I’m sorry I can’t come! :(

Y: Oh, no! It’s fine! Just feel better, okay!

K: Okay. :) Thanks yongguk.

 

BYG POV:

That night after the show, Sunmi called me over. “Can you do something for me?” She asked. I looked at her oddly,

“…What?”

“Could you take this to Kyumi for me?” She held out a bag. I took it from her,

“Sure.” I smiled.

“Okay, thanks so much! I appreciate it!”

“It’s no problem.” I assured her before heading towards my car.

 

I soon arived on Kyumi’s doorstep and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. It was a moment beore I heard the shuffling of feet approach the door. There was a pause, then she slowly opened the door.

“Yongguk,” She croaked, her voice slightly raspy and sore sounding.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“What’re you doing here…?” she asked.

“Oh, uhh, well, Sunmi asked me to bring this to you…” I held out the paper bag. She took it and opened it, peering inside quicky. She sighed as she saw its contents,

“Finally!” She walked inside, “Come on in if you want,” She called after her, “Just lock the door after you.” I listened and did as told. I followed her into her living room where she had plopped down on her couch, pulling a bag of cough drops from thepaper bag I had brought her. She popped one into and looked up at me, “Thanks!” She smiled. I smiled back and sat down.

“So, how are you feeling?” I asked.

“Ehh,” Was her reply. I chuckled. We sat there in silence for awhile. Suddenly her stomach made a loud noise. I looked over at her and she blushed profusely.

“Have you not eaten?” I asked, incredulous. She ducked her head down in embarassment.

“…No… I haven’t.” At hat I stood up and made my way into her kitchen. I looked around for anything, opening the cupboards and the refridgerator. I walked int othe small pantry just as she entered the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” She asked tiredly.

“I’m going to cook food for a certain sick girl I know.” I replied.

“Oh…” She stood there awkwardly for a moment while I continued to rumage around. “You don’t have to… I’m okay...” She said softly. I stepped out and looked at her, one eyebrow raised,

“Excuse me? No, you need to eat. And I’m going to cook for you. Okay? Now... go sit. You need to rest.” She pouted and went to turn and go back to the couch. “And tomorrow I’m going to the grocery for you. How long have you been sick and what have you been living off of?” She hung her head,

“It’s been a couple of days…”

“Why didn’t you tel me? I would have brought you something?” Maybe I sounded harsh, but it was simply my concern for her spilling over. Iwas concerned. I mean what had she reallly been eating? All there was in her house was ramen, and she needs more than that, especially if she’s sick. 

“Sorry... I didn’t want to be a burden…” I walked up to her and put my hands on her shoulders.

“Its no burden,” I lifted her chin “I-I mean… what are friends for?” I released her and walked away. That’s not what I had really wanted to say. But it would have to do for now.

 

Soon the food was done and I brought it out in two bowls, one for her and one for me. By this time, it was pretty late, but I didn’t mind and she said nothing either. I handed her one and sat beside her. We soon finished and just sat watching some drama that had apparently been keeping her occupied all this time she’d been sick. I looked over at her occaisionally to check on her and see how she looked. She as beginning to get sleepy, I could tell. A few moments passed and Kyumi began drifting off to sleep as she sat there. She slowly settled on placing her head on my shoulder. I smiled. It felt nice. But after a moment, I became shocked. I turned slightly and placed a hand on her cheek, then her forehead. She was burning up. I had felt it through my shirt where she had laid her head down. I took her face between my hands and turned to face her,

“Kyumi! Kyumi! You’re burning up!” She mumbled something, half asleep, her eyes still closed. “Come on. You need to get to bed.” I stood up and she just sat there, dizzy. I sighed, “…I can carry you.”

“No. You can’t!” She shook her head, waving my hands away weakly. She tried standing, but fell. I caught her quickly before she could hit the ground.

“Come on,” I grunted as I picked her up. “No! Yongguk!” I chuckled. She’s on the brink of collapsing and she’s still stubborn. I started walking and she screeched, wrapping her arms around my neck; holding on for dear life. Her eyes were scrunced closed tightly. I walked down the hall to her room. I hesitated before the door. I had never been in her room before. I was curious about how it looked. I slowly pushed the door open with the toe of my shoe. I struggled to flip the light on and blinked as the lights flickered to life. I smiled as I took in my surroundings. The room was so her: so calm, but full of life. I entered and made my way towards her bed. I gently sat her down. She snuggled down into her pillows and I pulled the blankets over her. I left and returned a moment later with a wet cloth. I sat by her head and dabbed at her forehead. She turned to face me.

“..Thank you, Yongguk…” She managed to say, strunggling to stay awake. I just smiled as I watched her eyes close and she drifted off to sleep.

Is this what it feels like to be in love?

 

She fell asleep and her skin began to cool some eventually. I stood and brushed the hair back from her face. I watched her sweet sleeping face for a moment. I smiled and bent down. Then I hesitated. What if I woke her? I shook off the thought and bent down the remaining few inches. I lightly kissed her forehead,

“Goodnight Kyumi.” I whispered. I pulled away and left the room, turning off the lights behind me.

 

I made my way back into her living room. I sighed and looked at the time. It was so late… I sighed and went to her hall closet. I knew that she kept some extra blankets and pillows here. I reached in and grabbed a blanket and pillow. I went back onto the couch and laid out the blanket. I turned out the lights and quickly crawled in. It was late and I was tired. Plus, I wanted to be her for Kyumi in case she suddenly woke in the night feeling worse. And thinking of her, I quickly feel asleep.

 

 

Kyumi POV:

I woke up the next morning with a headache. I sat up slowly, feeling my forehead. Yup, I still had a fever. I stood up and began making my way into the living room. I went to go sit on my couch, but was surprised to discover that I couldn’t; there was a man sleeping there. Yongguk? He stayed? I smiled and bent over untill I was mere inches away from his face. I peered down at him closely. He looked so sweet while sleeping. As I was gazing at him, he bagan to stir. He suddenly opened his eyes and blinked up at me; surprised. I blinked back, a blush slowly spearding across my cheeks. I had been caught red handed. I slowly pulled back and stood there awkwardly.

“Uhh… I, Uh… Sorry!” I finally managed. I ran into the kitchen and set about trying to find food, but was failing miserable. A moment later, Yongguk walked in rubbing is eyes. I looked up at him. His hair was disheveled, evidence of just waking up. I giggled slightly. He stopped and looked at me,

“What?” he asked, his voice gruff from sleep. I smiled and approached him, standing on tip-toe to reach his hair. I patted it down, trying to tame it some. “

There,” I smiled, backing up to admire my work. He reached up to pat his head,

“Oh…” I watched in amusement as his cheeks colored pink slightly. But then his eyes shifted, taking in my own hair. “I don’t really think you’re in any place to laugh at my hair, thank you very much.” I gasped and reached up to feel my hair. I quickly pushed it all down and ran out of the room. Darn you yongguk! I quickly brushed it all out and returned to find Yongguk just staring into space while sitting at my kitchen table. He looked up when I walked in.

“You have no food… And I’m hungry…” He sighed. Then he sood, “I guess its time for me to hit the grocery as promised.”

“I’ll come with you. I’m feeling a little better.” He stared at me, unsure. “Plus the fresh air will do me some good!” He narrowed his eyes,

“Fine. But if you feel bad, you better tell me.” I nodded,

“I promise!”

“Alright. Well, go get changed and we’ll go.” I ran off to get changed and returned a moment later, ready to go. He gave me one last warning glare before heading towards the door. I grabbed my purse as I followed him out the door.