Chapter Seven: Maybe we Should…

Seoul to Soul

The next few weeks went on with us texting at least once almost everyday. Sometimes we’d meet and talk, hanging out casually. Sometimes he’d have a show and invite me to come. I always went. Hearing him and watching him up on that stage totally lost in his music was the most amazing thing in the world and I wouldn’t miss seeing it for anything.

 

One day I was sitting at my desk, attempting to work on an essay. It was on World War II. I was required to take a history class this semester, but it was not my forte. I didn’t know what to write, so I texted Yongguk, just to get away from the boredom.

 

Kyumi: Yongguk!~~~

Yongguk: Kyumi!~~~ He replied.

K: You wouldn’t happen to know anything about WWII would you?

Y: Well… I just so happen to be quite the history buff.

K: Chincha!?!?

Y: Ne~

K: What?! Well… Could you… Help me…? I stink at history…

Y: Sure! Now?

K:  Well, if you’re doing something I understand…

Y: I’m not.

K: Oh, well, if you could, I’d appreciate it.

Y: Sure. Where? Your place?

K: Uhh, yeah. I guess.

Y: Okay. Can I have your address?

K: Oh! Yeah!

 

That’s right. He had never been here before. I sent it to him and he replied his thanks. He was on his way. I looked around the room, my eyes widened. Shoot! I need to clean! I ran around for the next half hour cleaning up as quickly as possible.

 

 I finaly sat down to rest, only to be revived a moment later by my doorbell. I sprang back up and ran to the door. I peeked out the hole, and sure enough, there was Yongguk. I opened the door and let him in.

“Sorry I took so long. I had to make some stops.” He appologized as he came in.

“Oh, its fine. It gave me more time to clean.” I smiled as I shut the door behind him.

“Oh! You cleaned? I’m sorry!” He exclaimed,

“What? Don’t be. I needed to. You gave me a good excuse to do it.”

“Oh…”

 

We stood there awkwardly for a minute.

“Umm, well, here,” I walked ino the kitchen, “Sit here. I’ll be back in a sec.” He sat down at my kitchen table as I ran into my room to grab my computer and books. I came back and put it all on the table.

 

We seemed to work for ages, but I finally got done, all thanks to Yongguk. If it wasn’t for him I would’ve been there untill morning.

 “Omo~” I leaned back and streached. “Ah! Gomawo Yonggukie!” I exclaimed. He laughed at the use of his ‘nickname’.

“Ne!”He replied. “Wah! I’m hungry now!” I put my hands on my stomach. “Hmm, come on. I’ll buy you diner to thank you for your help.” I smiled and stood up.

“Really?! Thanks!” He smiled and stood up too, streacheing. I ran to get my purse and met him back at the front door,

“Let’s go!”

 

We walked down the street and entered a restaurant together. We sat down, ordered, and waited. We were seated by a window and happily watched as people walked by. Suddenly Sunmi ran up to the window and knocked on it, interuping our conversation. Ugh! She caught us at the worst possible time. He had just been teasing me and now I was a nice pink color because of the blushing, so it probably looked weird. She beamed in at us and ran to the door and entered. She came over to us,

“Hey guys! What’cha doing?” She looked at my blushing face, “Wait… Are you… on a… date?!?!” she asked us. Before either of us could give a response she slapped my arm playfully, “Yah! Why didn’t you tell me?! I always told ou it would hap-”

“No!” I quickly interupted her. I looked sheepishly over at Yngguk, then back at Sumnyi. “We’re not on a date. He helped me with some homework so I’m buying diner as thanks.”

“Oh.” She seemed dissappointed. “Well then… Don’t I feel silly… Umm… I guess I’ll just go then…” She said as she scooted away. I waved and Yongguk smiled,

“Bye!” We both said. When she was gone I snuck a look at Yongguk. He was smirking. Smirking! Aish.

“So… What was that?” He asked; smirk still planted on his lips. I swear this guy could be evil sometimes.

“Ugh! Fine! So, apparently she has it in her head that we… Should date..?” I seemed to ask, avoiding eye contact with him.

“Ahh…” he said, smiling. “Hmm… Maybe we should.” He said simply, casually. How can he say that so casually?!?!?! I stared at him. He looked back at me and blinked innocently. I chuckled and went back to my food.

Whatever. You’re just messing with my heart.

 


Hey! Sorry its been awhile, but I've finally figured out where I want this story to go again. It took alot of searching for old notebooks, but I'm finally back on track! To make up for my long absence I'll update again tomorrow or monday. :)